Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:20 pm 
Legend
Legend

First , I will tell a dinning story ;) While smoking in the smoking section , guy comes over to me in & says you guys are smoking me out , can you stop :lol: :lol: :twisted: NO :!: I don't eat in non smoking restaurants :idea: :idea: :idea: ;) If they pass a law , I may change my mind :evil: Now , if I were to go to say Port :shock: And I smell a offensive odor , I would move away from that odor :idea: :idea: ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:25 pm 
my thoughts exactly stew. :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:48 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Mine also Stew. I look forward to smoking that loud mouth out that sits behind me! :cigar: :mrgreen: ;)

If you don't like the smoke in the stands...try the infield. :idea: :cowboysmoke:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:20 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

great thought stew, as a non smoker if it bothered me that bad i would walk away and there aint anything keeping the whinners butt in the seat, let him move

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:43 pm 
DrakPak wrote:
:roll: Lighten up Hotrod.

After a mid-summer thunder storm, a quick wipe off of your seat is all you need, and you've got a dry seat for the rest of the evening.

Aluminum also lends itself to resisting rust and rot. I would consider this an investment in the future.......wouldn't you??

Can't wait to see the first night race!!

Just make sure you're wearing pants if its cold. No one wants to end up like the dog in "Joe Dirt."

Post subject: cigs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:23 pm 
I don't smoke or drink but if people start complaining about the smoking . I am sure the next complaint with be the drinking..So just be happy to have some place to see great racing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:30 am 
Don't get me wrong I do try to be polite to the non-smokers near me by exhaling up in the air. If left my seat 4 every cig. I'd might as well go to the Infield, and that ain't gonna happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:31 am 
Sorry double post :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:43 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

I cant wait for aluminum seats in our area, the guy and his friends in front of me always manage to spill beer a couple times a year, will make for a quicker cleanup for sure ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:08 pm 
Maybe someone can correct me but they may have purchased or just hauled away bleachers that were condemed at a nearby highschool. I remember reading that CV had to replace all there bleachers due to a code violation, so the old ones might have been purchased.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:47 pm 
Problem with smoking is that it's bad for your health and those around you! Now if it wasn't effecting OTHER people, then I would not see a problem with it! But since it does affect other people NOT smoking then you should be NICE and not smoke around them. However if you where there first and 'was' smoking and they then came along then 'they' should move.

Both parties need to compromise.

I don't smoke but did years ago (quit 16 years ago), but I only ask people to stop if there on FIRE! (One right after another and give you no back from them consent smoke screen, of course if the bugs are bad then kook for a smoker!)

Last edited by Flyersfan on Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:47 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I'm a non smoker and 2nd hand smoke does kill me if there is a breeze blowing it my way. Yes I'm outdoors and I cannot believe how badly it affects me at times. So I should move? What if the only open seat is at the bottom of the grandstand with lousy sight lines? I suck it up and don't ******, but the 2 nd hand smoke does have big negative affect on my enjoyment of the event. I'm a hardcore fan when I'm not racing, so I deal with it, but stuff like that would keep me from going back to pro baseball games or other such things that I 'sorta' enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:42 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

It may be easier just to add a non-smoking section like the non-alcohol section at Grandview for those who really can't stand the smoke. Seems to me like the best way to go. Those who are either allergic or can't stand the smell can enjoy the races while those who want to smoke don't have to get up and go to a designated area and maybe miss some racing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:14 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Wow, That perspective sure looks different when I have not had too many cocktails!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:37 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I was looking at google earth to see where the bridges are that will be under construction and I noticed that it looks like the bleachers in the backstretch pit area have been removed and the pit area enlarged a little.

Can anyone confirm this?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next