Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:58 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

I've narrowed down one of Fred Rahmer's two missing 1997 wins from Open Wheel Times to Williams Grove. He had 5 that year. Only 4 are showing on OWT.

March 2
March 23
July 11
September 12

What other night did he win at the Grove? What other night did he win in 1997.

According to his website, there is also 1 win missing from 1995 and 1996.

You can see all his wins here...
http://www.openwheeltimes.com/owt_driverreport.php?txtFirstName=Fred&txtLastName=Rahmer&txtFromDate=1%2F1%2F1900&txtToDate=12%2F31%2F2007&rdoRace=A&txt1stplace=1&txtCar=&txtOwner=&txtSanction=&txtRegion=&txtSpeedway=&btnSubmit=Submit+Query

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:10 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

the only help i can give you is to take the dates that are missing from owt and head to the local library or historical society that has newspapers on microfilm and look for results or articles that say they were rainouts from those weeks. i've done this several times while looking for drivers results with some great success. i'm not sure where owt gets all their results but i'm sure they miss one here and there.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:05 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

mudclods wrote:
I've narrowed down one of Fred Rahmer's two missing 1997 wins from Open Wheel Times to Williams Grove. He had 5 that year. Only 4 are showing on OWT.

March 2
March 23
July 11
September 12

What other night did he win at the Grove? What other night did he win in 1997.

According to his website, there is also 1 win missing from 1995 and 1996.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

I have kept a notebook over the years of Fred's feature wins with the correct dates, tracks, and different owners he has driven for and won with. I must admit if it wasn't for OWT it would of been very hard to compile these feature wins. I think I might have found the one missing feature win from 1996.

I was going through the very first issue of Flat Out Magazine when Kevin Eckert was editor. On page 83 there are photos and stories from racing in Australia. There is a picture of Fred dated from January 13, 1996 that also has a short paragraph to go with it. Here is what the paragraph states, "Fred Rahmer shipped his Apple Gambler to Australia and received advice from Lealand McSpadden, who had been overseas racing Midgets in New Zealand. Rahmer then captured the Peter Jackson Nationals while his wife Debbie was in Pennsylvania giving birth to the couple's first children: triplets!"

I have tried to find results for this event on the net but did not have any luck in finding them. I am guessing maybe that this could be the one feature win missing for 1996.