Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:27 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Shane Andrews said it perfect at the dirt modified show two years ago. "It's the history and the atmosphere. It's something that can't be explained it's just great to be here"

psn tag: thefurb1593

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:29 pm 
Legend
Legend

It is a challenging Speedway , that bring the Best of the Best week in & out . Owners , Drivers , Crew , Fans etc............. :cheers2: :jiggy: :cheers2: If The Grove is running , there is no other place you will find me :mrgreen: :cheers2:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:53 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

An old racer, since retired, told me one time "I run Saturday night's to make a few bucks. I run Friday night's to prove I'm a racer."
I think that speaks volumes about the Grove.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:07 pm 
I think the Grove offers a certain racing experience that tests three things:

1. The setup skills of the crew chief
2. The engine skills of the engine builder
3. The testicular fortitude of the driver

The history of the track is never in question. It is the "Ascot of the East" and nobody can deny that. Williams Grove is the track you "always wanted to win at since you were a kid" for many drivers, local and travelers.

Lincoln and the smaller tracks offer closer racing most of the time but the Grove is and always will be a speed palace and I love them equally. :thumbright:

Port Royal and Selinsgrove fans who have already started typing their response to the "speed palace" remark can tell it to the hand :thehand:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:11 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Lol, they are all great Speed Tracks and love to watch a race at any one of them. I love to be living in Central Pa and to be around all these great Racetracks :thumbright:

Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:23 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Bo Feathers said last year If sprint cars can run on the top wide open there why can't I :dance:

psn tag: thefurb1593

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:07 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Jeff Sweitzer II wrote:
Bo Feathers said last year If sprint cars can run on the top wide open there why can't I :dance:
Cuz he's in a SOAP BOX DERBY car :dontknow:

13-KOKOMO,IN
1-Haubstadt,in
1-MONTPILIER,IN
0-Anderson,in
4-GAS CITY,in
9-PUTNAMVILLE,IN
3-BLOOMINGTON,IN
1-QUINCY,IL
1-Waynesfield,oh
1-LINCOLN,IL
1-Terre Haute,in
3-Rossburg,oh
0-Pontoon beach,IL
1-DANVILLE,IL
1-Paragon,In
1-LIBERTY,In
1-INDY MILE,In
17-different tracks,3 states

Total-47

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:39 am 
that's like comparing bristol too daytona.both are different size tracks with different types of racing. yet , both are great to watch. :dontknow:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:56 am 
Everything (except the WoO shows).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:51 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

If you can't see the whole track from the grandstands at Port, Williams Grove or Selinsgrove, then you need to see your optometrist and eat your broccoli. :broccoli:

If you're really there to watch the races at Williams Grove and not for the atmosphere, you can't sit in the infield. Besides, everyone knows the Infield Sucks. :pinkelephant:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:55 am 
GasNGo wrote:
Besides, everyone knows the Infield Sucks. :pinkelephant:

:naughty: Except for turns one and two :jiggy:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:57 am 
dirtflyhigh08 wrote:
I am just curious as to why people love this place so much, as to say over Lincoln, or Port Royal?

...............it looks like you answered your own question. :cool:

dirtflyhigh08 wrote:
Everytime I have been there, it has been a superb show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:02 am 
I love the Grove, because when I hit the backstretch paking lot you can already feel the excitement in the air. The best of the best all show up at one place to duke it out on the dirt. The fans are great and the tail gateing is the best here. No other track in Pa has a tailgate party as big as the Groves every week. Where else can you show up 2or 3 hours early and not get bored waiting for the gates to open. Not only that you can almost hear the engines roar of heros past when all is quiet and the FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS are out. Just like Stew if the Grove is running I'm there . :jiggy: :broccoli: :dance:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:07 am 
AERO410SCJA wrote:
Jeff Sweitzer II wrote:
Cuz he's in a SOAP BOX DERBY car :dontknow:

Call them whatever you like,but they are getting better crowds and higher car counts than the sprint car shows at "almost" every track they run the "bigger" shows.Just go to Eldora for the "Kings Royal",then go for the "World 100".At least twice as many cars and spectators for the "World 100".I am a fan of both,and not bashing either,but the latemodels are more popular than the sprints at this time.

I'll agree with the others that have posted,a lot of the greatness for Williams Grove is the historical atmosphere,and that it is "The Grove".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:50 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Here are my observations as an 'outsider' who has only been there twice, but also just relocated here from western PA. In my two experiences, I have seen some great racing. Certainly, it can be said without a doubt, that the SPRINT car racing out here in the east is much, much, much more competitive than it is in Western PA. I'll be the first to admit, that I'm a huge SUPER Late Model fan and prior to seeing the SPRINT's run out here, I didn't have much time for Sprint Cars. Why you ask? Because there was no competition in western PA, you've got Rod George, Ed Lynch Jr., and Kevin Schaffer at Lernerville. Chances are one of those 3 are gonna win, and it's gonna be a runaway, freight train style of race. That's not the case out here though, it's much more competitive. The SPRINT car racing is much better, and the best shows I saw this summer were at Williams Grove. Nice atmosphere. Loved sitting on the pit bleachers on the backstretch (although it seemed a bit dangerous/not very well protected).

That being said, why doesn't anyone run SUPER late models on a weekly basis out this way??? :ahhhh: This small block stuff just don't cut it. :poking: I mean WG is only running like 3 or 4 SUPER LM shows this year, and quite honestly, that will be the only times that I attend, because of the SUPER LM's.