Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Question for StatMan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:03 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

StatMan wrote:
In 1997 Fred won five races at the Grove. The opener on March 2, also on March 23, July 11, August 15, and September 12. I also have a note that on August 8 Donnie Kreitz won, was DQed, and then re instated. Rahmer finished second that night.

8/15 would explain the missing win. According to OWT, Don Kreitz won that night. http://www.openwheeltimes.com/owt_results.asp?ID=67482

Are these results wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:31 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

If Todds win total of 184 is correct look at his webb site it has 41 wins in the 11, 11 wins in the 1w, 4 in Australia, then 1 in the 77 and a couple in the 5w that would make Shaffer-Beam in the mid 120's.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:30 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Here are a couple of answers. First off the missing win for Fred Rahmer. I don't count 358 wins in my Sprint win list. Debbie Rahmer counts Fred's single 358 win in her total. Now for the winning owner driver combos. First I have to confess that I never kept track of which car a driver was driving on a particular night. However, I have used info from several car owners to help put their win lists together. That being said here's a pretty close guess at the top owner driver win combos. Since I think Donnie Kreitz Jr. won all 181 of his races in his own car he would top the list. Second would be the Ray Tilley Bud Grimm team. They won 154 races together between 1965 and 1969. Third would be Fred Rahmer and Al Hamilton. I think their total together is 145. Next would either be Lance Dewease and Walt Dyer, or Todd Shaffer and the Beams. Both are somewhere around 130 wins together give or take one or two. Then it should be Doug Wolfgang and Bob Weikert with 112, and then Weikert and Kenny Weld with 102.