Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:56 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:07 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Don't worry about me or negativity. There is plenty to go around on here.
Applepower, The WOO doesn't get my $$$ anyway.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:21 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

What All-Stars are going to be at the Grove? I'm guessing Dewease, Blaney, Wilson, Hannigan, Jacobs, McMahan and Mayes? How about Paulus, Paul May, and Ellenberger? Just wondered :cool:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Straight Shooter......You don't have to post negative comments about a business that is trying to better itself by promoting this sport and hopefully gaining more spectators, teams and fans. Hmmmm isn't that what a business of this type is all about?

So what if there ends up being 5 or 6 OR more sprint cars-that's more than their originally would have been, and so what if the admission price is increased by $3 which it originally was going to be for $15 anyway because of the Super Late Models being there. Don't go buy your Happy Meal a day this week, make a P&B sandwich.

Nobody is pulling your arm to make you go, that is your choice but don't cut down something that gains more for this sport.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:02 pm 
Straight Shooter wrote:
Sat., May 10, 2008 (7 PM)
YORK COUNTY RACING CLUB NIGHT
TWO BIG 410 SPRINT FEATURES!!!
410 Sprints (Regularly scheduled feature & 4/26 Make-up feature),
358 Sprints & Thundercars
Gates open at 5 PM

| $14 Gen. Adm. | $20 Pits |$9 Students |

2 features (410's) & 358's plus thundercars for $14.
Now that is a bargain.
What are 5 All Stars going to do to entice the extra $3 bucks?
I guess since it is going to rainout they will have to eat the sanction fee. It just wasn't meant to be I guess.

Might be a bargain, but I'm tried of the same old same old!!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:11 pm 
14 bucks to watch Fred win 2 in the same night, I'll pass. Some of us go in the pits too at Lincoln so it's $2 less to go to Port this week. That doesn't factor into my decision though as I think Port will have a fine field of cars and I won't see Rahmer win :jiggy: Too much is made about car counts, it doesn't matter if you get 25, 45, or 75, 24 make the feature and that's all that counts.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:12 pm 
BTW the people saying Lincoln running 2 features is the reason Port won't pickup many cars are wrong. The only car that was gonna go up, based on the schedule on his website was Layton.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

J Man wrote:
14 bucks to watch Fred win 2 in the same night, I'll pass.

Wow, :thinking: what are the lottery numbers going to be for this Sat night??? :cool:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:44 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

J Man wrote:
14 bucks to watch Fred win 2 in the same night, I'll pass. Some of us go in the pits too at Lincoln so it's $2 less to go to Port this week. That doesn't factor into my decision though as I think Port will have a fine field of cars and I won't see Rahmer win :jiggy: Too much is made about car counts, it doesn't matter if you get 25, 45, or 75, 24 make the feature and that's all that counts.

How is it $2 less to go to Port? $14 in the stands, $20 in the pits at Lincoln. $18 in the stands, $25 in the pits at Port.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:55 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

theedge21 wrote:
What All-Stars are going to be at the Grove? I'm guessing Dewease, Blaney, Wilson, Hannigan, Jacobs, McMahan and Mayes? How about Paulus, Paul May, and Ellenberger? Just wondered :cool:

Paulus will be there. Got into town last evening.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:59 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Well it is just like they say, everybody has 1. That is my opinion & it really doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. I been going to these things (races) long before most of you posters were even hatched. If it is negative so be it. Sometimes that is my thinking. Sorry if it is reality most of the time.
I still enjoy the races a ton, just don't rake the paying fan over the coals.
More so bump the purses up so the competitors at least have a chance to get there fuel $$$ back each night.
Done with this subject just like the rain is done with it. Oops Reality again. I Bad!!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:20 pm 
I don't go into the pits at Port, that's why it's $2 less for me but I'm going to Port because I like to mix things up every now and then. The debate about Lincoln vs Port is stupid. Lincoln has good cars, Port has good cars and the racing is good at both tracks. Each track has the occasional night where the track sucks or someone just stinks up the show but it happens. Sprntlover- I wish I knew the lotter numbers so I could quit my job. I think Fred will win both features Saturday night, that's just my prediction...will it happen...well we'll find out. I don't think it's exactly going out a limb though considering he came from 20th to 4th last week on a wet, heavy track without a yellow. If he brings his A game, it will be "church over" times 2. Nobody else is on their A game right now and trust me I wish someone else was. After his bad break last weekend I'd like to see Cody break through.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:25 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

:popcorn:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:31 pm 
The All Stars are already either running down the road, preparing to run down the road, or are already in your backyard. This should be a great show as there are already 5 drivers involved with public visits around the area. Hurricane, Layton, McMahan, Dewease, and Stark are signing autographs and talking racing with the fans in support for the 2 night affair in Posseland. I'm certain that many of the local drivers are not just going to sit back and let the All Stars come in and take the moeny and run without a fight...somethiing about bragging rights.

Who else is ready to take to the mean dirt of the Grove?

Paulus - YES
Blaney - YES
Ellenberger - YES
Gressman - YES
Martin - YES
...You get the picture, not many of the All Stars are shying away from this one.

Rain, rain, go away, go to where the Outlaws play.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

J Man wrote:
Sprntlover- I wish I knew the lotter numbers so I could quit my job. I think Fred will win both features Saturday night, that's just my prediction...will it happen...well we'll find out. I don't think it's exactly going out a limb though considering he came from 20th to 4th last week on a wet, heavy track without a yellow. If he brings his A game, it will be "church over" times 2. Nobody else is on their A game right now and trust me I wish someone else was. After his bad break last weekend I'd like to see Cody break through.

Just playing with ya J Man. :mrgreen: I agree with everything you say. Fred's tough to beat right now but I go to watch the great racing, get dust on me and my car and smell that good ole methanol. Lincoln's my favorite track too :jiggy:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:40 pm 
Legend
Legend

Straight Shooter wrote:
Well it is just like they say, everybody has 1. That is my opinion & it really doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. I been going to these things (races) long before most of you posters were even hatched. If it is negative so be it. Sometimes that is my thinking. Sorry if it is reality most of the time.
I still enjoy the races a ton, just don't rake the paying fan over the coals.
More so bump the purses up so the competitors at least have a chance to get there fuel $$$ back each night.
Done with this subject just like the rain is done with it. Oops Reality again. I Bad!!!!

I enjoy your posts SS. Its just your opinion. Surely there are a lot of people who feel the same way. No fault for speaking your mind and saying what plenty of others believe as well. Nothing wrong with trying to keep it real.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next