Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:38 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Ed, I saw on a different site that the rules for Williams Grove and Bedford have been "combined". Can you elaborate
on this a little more?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:34 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Nothing has been done along those lines yet. Kenny Riland has spoken with me about the Bedford cars running with us and I asked him to look at their rules, compare them to ours and see if the two are compatible.

Ed

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:30 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Ed; Bedford rules are no were near close to the Grove 358 engine rules, They are allowed 360-6"rod- 3.50 stroke as long as they don't exceed 360, they are also allowed grinding and polishing in the combustion chamber, they are allowed grinding and blending behind the valve seat up to 3/4 " ,also they may clean up the exhaust and intake ports up to 3/4" . If they are allowed to run with us put a very large weight in front of the motor plate say like 100 lbs.and if this is allowed what about the rules we have been racing under since the SNS has been at the Grove. I'm for more cars and competition but let them run by the SNS Grove rules we have.
Thank You
Rick Mease
Sorry I'm not good with words or spelling.

Last edited by late model father on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:34 am 
Legend
Legend

I bet Bedford cars are louder.

2014 races : 42

Port Royal 17
Williams Grove 18
Lincoln. 3
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:52 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Brent Leach wrote:
I bet Bedford cars are louder.

I was thinking the exact same thing.... :laughing7:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:21 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I say running the weight is a good idea. 100lbs may be a little much, but still a good idea. Should be an open tire rule as well. Bedford has alot of good cars/drivers that would make the drive. Would bring more fans to the stands on Sat if a "common" set of rules could be reached. Hope it happens.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:08 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

The 100 lbs may not be enough if the heads are opened up to there max. by there rules, and the tire rule should stay, we spent enough on tires and when it comes time to replace a tire they can buy the same Hoosier as the Grove tire rule states. Everyone needs to remember we are over half way through this season and the points have been run under the 2011 rules. Please don't penalize our class because another track decided not to finish out there season, and I'm sorry for there loss, but rules are the rules and should be enforced to protect the track and it's competitors.This is in NO way ment to bash any other track or division or any officials, to much money and hard work has been invested into this SNS for the rules to change to allow someone to come in that is not legal to the present rule we all have raced by.
Thank You
Rick Mease

Last edited by late model father on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:01 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Thank you for your cooperative attitude. Please rest assured that we will do nothing to penalize any of our teams - our goals are as you indicated, bring more cars and fans to Williams Grove.

I was aware of some things that Bedford allowed that we do not and Kenny Riland is weighing our options with regard to them. I will defer to Kenny because of my limited exposure to fendered race cars.

Ed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:10 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Late model father I agree that your class should not be penalized because Bedford's promotor has no idea what he is doing. That place is a ghost town in the stands on friday nights, and I feel bad for the drivers that spend their hard earned dollars to race. Is is correct to say that you have to use a Hoosier spec tire at the grove for 358 late models?

EdC I know you will work hard to make it fair for all and have a good show on sat nights

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:23 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

if Susquehanna keeps going in the direction they are going now i think you will see more cars at the grove next year i for one will have my car at the grove for the rest of the year i am tired of the poor track condition every week and the poor judgement of the head flagman to throw yellow flags two weeks ago they left my car and driver set dead under the flag stand and never threw the yellow for a lap till half the field passed him under green they could they could have killed him and destroyed a bunch of good cars if someone had hit him at speed, that happened twice in one night

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:37 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I remember that same scenario happening at bedford years ago and the driver in the broken down car did get hit under speed. I cant remember who the broke down car was but I think the car that hit under speed was rick singleton. I thought someone would be injured but the both walked away thank god. all because they didnt throw the yellow.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:52 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Susquehanna would make a great place for a race track if someone would just buy it and put one there

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:41 pm 
Racer
Racer

Maybe if I win that $133million, I might just buy it :cwm4: :cwm4: :cwm4:

Susquehanna Speedway Park pictures are available for purchase at http://luckyshotphotography.net/
All other race photos on zepprox personal site- http://zepplinrox.smugmug.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:08 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Made the trek down to the grove to watch the 358 last night. Great track, racing surface looked great, I think the Bedford limited drivers could do well against the grove regulars.
Kudos to "Captain Morgan" for a good run. Sounded like something was going wrong with the motor. Knaub drove lights out, just needed couple more laps. Congrats to Claybaugh for the victory. He was on a rail.
Gotta know what Beards comments were all about during his interview when he said they better check Claybaugh. Sounded like he was joking. Anyone???
All in all a good show, can wait to go back and hope more bedford guys show up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:20 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

in Claybaugh's interview,he said,had there been a yellow,it would have showed how slow he was,and how lucky he felt to win :dontknow: