Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:31 pm 
Racer
Racer

speedracer5 wrote:
you can scratch COZZE name off the list for williams grove and port royal he has taken a full time modified ride they keep dropping like flies 2 heat races no consies i see it coming ! :handoverhead: :uzi:

:thinking: That sucks. He was just starting to get the hang of wheeling the winged 410.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Big Ben 7 wrote:
Thanks for the comment ridingtherim99. I personally think that the supers put on a good show at the grove. I know its a sprint car track, always has been and always will. I just enjoy watching the supers and would love to see them on a regular basis. Don't really want to make the trek to Bedford when the Grove is right in my back yard. Just saying.

Would like to hear what some late model drivers think about running the grove on a regular friday night. Or put supers with the limiteds on Sat night Series??

A Saturday regular for Supers would never work. Selinsgrove, Port, Hagerstown, Winchester etc...

Williamsgrove - 14
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:17 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I think the Grove will be fine with car counts this year. On the other hand, its Lincoln I'm worried about. I don't see even 20 cars running there weekly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Shuey21 wrote:
Big Ben 7 wrote:
Thanks for the comment ridingtherim99. I personally think that the supers put on a good show at the grove. I know its a sprint car track, always has been and always will. I just enjoy watching the supers and would love to see them on a regular basis. Don't really want to make the trek to Bedford when the Grove is right in my back yard. Just saying.

Would like to hear what some late model drivers think about running the grove on a regular friday night. Or put supers with the limiteds on Sat night Series??

A Saturday regular for Supers would never work. Selinsgrove, Port, Hagerstown, Winchester etc...

Good point Shuey 21. Never thought of that. I say run them with the 410s on Friday night for a couple 5-7 times this year and see how the car counts and crowd counts turn out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:17 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

1idirtking wrote:
I do not drive 190 miles round, pay admission and pay for a season reserve seat to watch sportsmen. I want to see sprint cars. You really don't need 24 cars for a great race. A lot of times those tail end cars just get in the way of a good race. As I said earlier, my favorite show is 358's and 410's although I don't mind seeing the late models a couple of times. This part edited by Sprntlover

I dont drive 190 miles round trip but I agree with everything else, usually the last 4 or 5 cars are just out there to fill the field and cause problems and sometimes stop the front runners from a good race and sometimes they do make it a good race. but all in all, agree 100%

Grove:11
Lincoln:4
Port:3
Path Valley: 1
Eldora:2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:28 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

1idirtking wrote:
I do not drive 190 miles round, pay admission and pay for a season reserve seat to watch sportsmen. I want to see sprint cars. You really don't need 24 cars for a great race. A lot of times those tail end cars just get in the way of a good race. As I said earlier, my favorite show is 358's and 410's although I don't mind seeing the late models a couple of times.

those tail end cars make for an exciting finish !! it's fun to watch the leader try to dice thru the lapped cars with 5 laps to go and the 2nd on back guys in striking distance . :bdf:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:45 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Even the super sportsman when they are the headline class the racing is excellent but when they run after the 410 push the cushion to the wall there all on the bottom

4 Williams Grove
3 Susky
6 Path Valley
1 Fremont OH.
2 Hagerstown
2 Grandview
1 Lernerville
1 Eldora
2 Selinsgrove

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:14 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

i have to agreed im not in favor of watching sportsman on fri nights,grove would lose some fans if we had to sit through them every fri night,but hey it would give more time to drink beer and sell hot dogs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:41 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

My favorite show is 410's & 358's. I don't see any need to do anything else on Friday nights. Keep it a 2 division open wheel show.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:38 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I've been around long enough to remember when Jack would run Sprints and Late models
every Fri. and he would draw 30 to 40 cars in each class and they both would put on a good
show and you would on most Fridays be out of there by 11 to 11:30 now thats what you
would call a good promoter !!!!! :broccoli: :yessss:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:31 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

i am sure the owners and drivers of some of that "junk" would appreciate some of these comments........
wow :roll:

Added by Sprntlover..............I removed alot of posts & quote posts about that. Everytime 1idirtking or whatever his username is gets on his posts are always not so nice so I'm keeping my eye on him as much as I can, we are trying to keep the trouble makers off here

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:22 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Yea, that "junk" costs alot of money and time. Some people just don't realize the time money and effort ALL teams and divisions put in during the week and off season. Heck sometimes they put on a better show than the headliners.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:23 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Big Ben 7 wrote:
Yea, that "junk" costs alot of money and time. Some people just don't realize the time money and effort ALL teams and divisions put in during the week and off season. Heck sometimes they put on a better show than the headliners.

As far as I'm concerned, anybody who is willing to strap in and compete in ANY class has my respect, as long as they compete fairly and do their best. Any owner/team willing to put in the time and money required to compete in any class, and the persistence to do it week in and week out, has my respect. And the officials and track staff willing to put their time in to run the shows have my respect, even if I might occasionally question specific calls or specific actions.

All that said, I've seen good shows and bad shows involving a lot of different classes, and at any given time, my preference might vary. I can think of no class, type of car, or track that is so consistently superior that one could say that a bad race of <class X> is better than a good race of <class Y> , and while I do prefer some tracks over others, even there, I've not found any one that always puts on a superior show, or always puts on a poor show - though some tend to maintain higher standards on average than others, for any given facet of the operation.

In the end, though, THEY are willing to bust their buns to put on a show for US, and for that, I thank them all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:32 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Warthog wrote:
Big Ben 7 wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, anybody who is willing to strap in and compete in ANY class has my respect, as long as they compete fairly and do their best. Any owner/team willing to put in the time and money required to compete in any class, and the persistence to do it week in and week out, has my respect. And the officials and track staff willing to put their time in to run the shows have my respect, even if I might occasionally question specific calls or specific actions.

All that said, I've seen good shows and bad shows involving a lot of different classes, and at any given time, my preference might vary. I can think of no class, type of car, or track that is so consistently superior that one could say that a bad race of <class X> is better than a good race of <class Y> , and while I do prefer some tracks over others, even there, I've not found any one that always puts on a superior show, or always puts on a poor show - though some tend to maintain higher standards on average than others, for any given facet of the operation.

In the end, though, THEY are willing to bust their buns to put on a show for US, and for that, I thank them all.

Very well said good post!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:12 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

racindad88 wrote:
i am sure the owners and drivers of some of that "junk" would appreciate some of these comments........
wow :roll:

Added by Sprntlover..............I removed alot of posts & quote posts about that. Everytime 1idirtking or whatever his username is gets on his posts are always not so nice so I'm keeping my eye on him as much as I can, we are trying to keep the trouble makers off here

thanks Deb! amazing how some do not respect or understand what it takes to put these shows together

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next