Good call!!!! I will be there next week

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Re: WILL THE GROVE RACE FRIDAY NIGHT?

Post by JTR13 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:33 am

pell021 wrote:
Shuey21 wrote:Please 35 degrees at warm ups time and your gonna complain really???? :thinking: Good call good chance track will be frozen before they would've been done.
I can only speak for myself, but if someone says they're going to do everything that they can do to race, and then cancel 30 hours prior to the event, that's not even trying let along doing everything they can. Now if they came out and said, it's too cold and not worth us trying....that's perfectly fine. But don't lie to folks by telling them that you're going to do everything when you have no intention to do so.

We'll see how Port, Lincoln and Selinsgrove handle the same forecast for Saturday. That's what I'm intrigued about now.
Just out of curiousity, what is it you would like for them to "try"??? They are saying it is going 35 degrees and dropping with a chance of rain... Would you rather they've waited until a 1/2 hour before warm-ups and then cancel??? Or give everyone enough notice so that people can now make other plans for tonight... It isn't safe or the car, racers, or the fans to run a show tonight and they made the right decision...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

winged_thunder
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by winged_thunder » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:38 am

Everyone is just frustrated because the weather is horrible right now, but it was a good call. It's too cold right now to be racing at night. This time of year it might be wiser to race a few day shows like they used to. The only thing that will help Port tomorrow is moving up the start time. It's going to be cold at Lincoln though if they do race.

ChickmagnetRacing
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ChickmagnetRacing » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:44 am

pell021 wrote:
Shuey21 wrote:Please 35 degrees at warm ups time and your gonna complain really???? :thinking: Good call good chance track will be frozen before they would've been done.
I can only speak for myself, but if someone says they're going to do everything that they can do to race, and then cancel 30 hours prior to the event, that's not even trying let along doing everything they can. Now if they came out and said, it's too cold and not worth us trying....that's perfectly fine. But don't lie to folks by telling them that you're going to do everything when you have no intention to do so.

We'll see how Port, Lincoln and Selinsgrove handle the same forecast for Saturday. That's what I'm intrigued about now.

Would you rather drive to the track, then cancel, & then come here on the board to complain about their decision.

Smart move by Williams Grove. Can't do anything with a frozen track & surface would not be good just like fans saw at Selinsgrove two Sundays ago. :thumbright:
https://www.twitter.com/chickmagnet300

"T-o-p-l-e-s-s.... TOPLESS!!"

"Take a nice cool drink..."

2014 Race Counter

Big Diamond - 1
Grandview - 6
Kutztown - 1
Lanco - 4
Lincoln - 1
Port Royal - 2
Reading Fairgrounds - 1
Shellhammers - 1
Williams Grove - 7

pell021
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by pell021 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:28 am

ChickmagnetRacing wrote:
pell021 wrote:
Shuey21 wrote:
Would you rather drive to the track, then cancel, & then come here on the board to complain about their decision.
Firstly, I challenge anyone to tell me when I complained about a track waiting to the last minute to cancel because they tried. That's not how I operate.

And please, understand what I said here. I'm simply saying, you CAN'T tell people you'll do everything in your power, and then not do that. Why not wait until this morning, look at the track after last night's comparable whether to tonight's forecast, then examine the track and make a judgement this morning.

The cancellation is not my complaint....I don't need racing tonight to enjoy my night. You're missing the point, but that's OK. I just don't like the track saying one thing, then another an hour later.
Race Count 2016

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

Big Ben 7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Big Ben 7 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:09 am

The point is, they cancelled, it was a good move. Get over it and move on. Go enjoy your evening doing something else. Geeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!!!!

hemingr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hemingr » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:15 am

The real problem with this weather isint the track so much. They do it for the teams and melting down engines. Theres even a big difference between a temperature in the 30's in the day and night. The cold damp night air makes setting the fuel system a fine line between too rich or lean which often leads to a lot of blue smoke and empty bank accounts. These are things a lot of fans dont understand when a track makes a call like this.

pell021
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by pell021 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 pm

Big Ben 7 wrote:The point is, they cancelled, it was a good move. Get over it and move on. Go enjoy your evening doing something else. Geeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me think about it....
Race Count 2016

Big Ben 7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Big Ben 7 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Dont take too long thinking about it and I hope you enjoy your Friday evening.

pell021
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by pell021 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:39 pm

Big Ben 7 wrote:Dont take too long thinking about it and I hope you enjoy your Friday evening.
Certainly will. You also. :thumbleft:
Race Count 2016

swigsbv
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by swigsbv » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:52 pm

:poking: Hold he Grove opener at Lincoln next Friday !! Its warmer there :cheers2: :yessss:
I L T S F F R W R

DIRT-MAN
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by DIRT-MAN » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:16 pm

swigsbv wrote::poking: Hold he Grove opener at Lincoln next Friday !! Its warmer there :cheers2: :yessss:
Yea seems as thought they like to race at that place!

SLINKMASTERC
Racer
Racer

Post by SLINKMASTERC » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:54 pm

DIRT-MAN wrote:
swigsbv wrote::poking: Hold he Grove opener at Lincoln next Friday !! Its warmer there :cheers2: :yessss:
Yea seems as thought they like to race at that place!

:thinking3: They just know how to treat their fans better. :idea:
Racecar spelled backwards spells Racecar

sprinter76dd
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sprinter76dd » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:24 pm

Having two cars it was nice to know way ahead of time. Saving me money on fuel,tolls,food, etc. and helped keep the little lady happy.......

BigRightRear
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by BigRightRear » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:43 am

I am going to do everything in my power to have a kraut dog at the Grove this Friday!
Home of the OUTLAW A$$WHIPPERS
Lincoln = 1845 ft. = .35 mile T3=124 MPH
Eldora = 2287 ft. = .43 mile T3=135 MPH
Port = 2716 ft. = .51 mile T3=TBD
Grove = 2792 ft. = .53 mile T3=135 MPH
Selinsgrove = 2847 ft. = .54 mile T1=136 MPH

2015: 43 Races
Grove: 17 / Lincoln: 13 / Port: 4 / Susky: 5 / Path Valley: 2 / Trailway: 1 /. ISMA @ Waterford New London: 1