Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Missing?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:29 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 15
Sorry if I'm late on this but what is the deal with Chad Layton not being at the Grove? I know last year his sponsor wasn't running non time trial events. Did he decide not to do it this year? Where does one aquire this information? His website doesn't say anything.

_________________
2013 Races:

Grove: 3

Port: 2

Lincoln: 1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 pm 
Offline
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:38 am
Posts: 459
Location: Schnecksville, PA
His car owner, Dave Middleswarth, has decided to run 410 races only at Port Royal and Selinsgrove Speedways this year.

I'm sure if a major sponsor came along, that Jim Layton would run a family owned car for Chad on Friday nights at the Grove.

_________________
Dirt's for racing, asphalt's for gettin' there!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:04 pm 
Offline
Crew Member
Crew Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:30 pm
Posts: 1116
Location: New Bedford, PA
Sucks guys like Layton, Mark Smith & Doug Esh aren't at the Grove as well as Erdley.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:14 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:07 pm
Posts: 1027
Location: Tocula, Mexico
In regards to Erdley, (& this is a usual answer) doesn't he work Friday's, which permits him from not running Williams Grove full-time? :wellwaiting:

_________________
https://www.twitter.com/chickmagnet300

"T-o-p-l-e-s-s.... TOPLESS!!"

"Take a nice cool drink..."

2014 Race Counter

Big Diamond - 1
Grandview - 6
Kutztown - 1
Lanco - 4
Lincoln - 1
Port Royal - 2
Reading Fairgrounds - 1
Shellhammers - 1
Williams Grove - 5


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:27 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 4476
Location: 704 Houser St.
mudclods wrote:
Sucks guys like Layton, Mark Smith & Doug Esh aren't at the Grove as well as Erdley.


I'd have to agree with that. If I had a team that could only afford to run 1 night a week it would have to be the Grove. Not only do they pay the most and have the most big shows, but a win at the Grove is far more prestigious than any other track in the area. Sorry but that's just the way it is.

_________________
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:59 am 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:02 am
Posts: 583
hotrodney wrote:
mudclods wrote:
Sucks guys like Layton, Mark Smith & Doug Esh aren't at the Grove as well as Erdley.


I'd have to agree with that. If I had a team that could only afford to run 1 night a week it would have to be the Grove. Not only do they pay the most and have the most big shows, but a win at the Grove is far more prestigious than any other track in the area. Sorry but that's just the way it is.


I would think actually though as far as from a money standpoint , you stand a better chance to make more money racing on Saturday night because the competition is split up between tracks , so you have a better chance of winning :dontknow:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:29 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 4476
Location: 704 Houser St.
steeler1 wrote:
hotrodney wrote:
mudclods wrote:
Sucks guys like Layton, Mark Smith & Doug Esh aren't at the Grove as well as Erdley.


I'd have to agree with that. If I had a team that could only afford to run 1 night a week it would have to be the Grove. Not only do they pay the most and have the most big shows, but a win at the Grove is far more prestigious than any other track in the area. Sorry but that's just the way it is.


I would think actually though as far as from a money standpoint , you stand a better chance to make more money racing on Saturday night because the competition is split up between tracks , so you have a better chance of winning :dontknow:


Yeah that's true. I just remember a few years back when everybody who was anybody was at the Grove on Friday nights. Now I guess it's just too costly for a lot of teams to run two nights every week.

_________________
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:56 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:29 pm
Posts: 12
Chad Layton will be back very soon, just finishing up a few loose ends


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:31 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:00 pm
Posts: 15
moparslider wrote:
Chad Layton will be back very soon, just finishing up a few loose ends


Good to hear. I was going to buy a season pass this year but I think I'll wait. I'll still attend regularly but may head up to the Port more often and possibly get a pass there. Hopefully things get back to normal soon in racing.

_________________
2013 Races:

Grove: 3

Port: 2

Lincoln: 1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:34 am 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:52 pm
Posts: 745
Location: S. Williamsport PA
I would love for Williams Grove to
get back to enough cars for a b main!

_________________
Race Counter:

Selinsgrove: 4
Williamsgrove: 6
Port Royal:7
Clinton County: 2
Lernerville: 1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:45 am 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:52 pm
Posts: 25649
hotrodney wrote:
Yeah that's true. I just remember a few years back when everybody who was anybody was at the Grove on Friday nights. Now I guess it's just too costly for a lot of teams to run two nights every week.


Maybe teams feel they get treated better at other tracks.

_________________
http://five1fivedesign.com/ovalstickers


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group