Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:33 pm 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:11 am
Posts: 630
call it what you will but when a turd is laid, it's just that, a turd.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:54 am 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:04 am
Posts: 6356
Location: DOVER
You know I just don't understand the car count situation at Trailway. :dontknow: Money is money and it was a pretty good paying race for the 358's. :dontknow:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:06 am 
Offline
Crew Member
Crew Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:50 pm
Posts: 1224
Location: Thompsontown, Pa.
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
pell021 wrote:
Th3Swami wrote:
Williams Grove ‏@WilliamsGrove 59m

Due to the wet track conditions and incoming inclement weather and cold, we have cancelled tonight's program


:goodjob: :joke: :cwm4: :chickendinner:


Yep, that's simply an out and out lie. Can't call it anything but what it is. The forecast shows no rain. None.



in·clem·ent
/inˈklemənt/
Adjective
(of the weather) Unpleasantly cold or wet.
Synonyms
severe - stern - rigorous - austere - hard - rugged


I like this post. But now let's see it for the word "incoming" ;)

_________________
Race Count 2014
Port Royal - 11
Williams Grove - 9
Selinsgrove - 2
Lincoln - 2
Eldora - 1
Path Valley - 1
Grandview - 1

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:00 pm 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:19 pm
Posts: 679
Location: Port Royal
Since the Grove looks for a reason NOT to race, they should just get let Lincoln or Port have Friday nights & be done with it...Pinky could still have her exciting, affordable Saturday night series for anyone that cares. :yessss:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:39 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 46
i was glad they called it lastnight .i went to trailways and seen some of the best raceing i seen i awhile. and heard the quoteof the week from the winner, :cwm4:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:55 pm 
Offline
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:25 am
Posts: 459
wonder if they will cancel tonight too?

_________________
2014 races
6 Lincoln
4 Port Royal
4 Williams Grove
3 Susky
6 Path Valley
1 Fremont OH.
2 Hagerstown
2 Grandview
1 Lernerville
1 Eldora
1 Selinsgrove


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:19 am 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:26 am
Posts: 978
Location: At a dirt track near you.
5wFan wrote:
Since the Grove looks for a reason NOT to race, they should just get let Lincoln or Port have Friday nights & be done with it...Pinky could still have her exciting, affordable Saturday night series for anyone that cares. :yessss:



Agreed. Someone needs to step up and give the Grove some competition. What do they care right now? They are the only game in town so things will never change. They'd be forced to get their act together if there was someone else competing against them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:14 pm 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:31 pm
Posts: 923
I'm sure that the Groves purse would dwarf Trailways. As would the electric bill, insurance bill and everything else involved. It's APPLES & ORANGES. Anybody that thinks the Grove is making unreasonable decisions about when it should and should not race, here's an idea. Go to the office and sign a declaration that you will cover all expenses not taken in at the gates! I'm sure you will be greeted with open arms and you can see the race you so badly wanted to see. Attendance is down at all the tracks. They cannot and will not take losses just to please 10 people on an opinion free for all message board. How many more times this racing season will we see this useless post?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oh, and let's not forget the fireworks! I'd bet the fireworks alone were many times more than Trailways purse and operating expenses combined!

_________________
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.


The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:10 pm 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:17 am
Posts: 5115
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
I'm sure that the Groves purse would dwarf Trailways. As would the electric bill, insurance bill and everything else involved. It's APPLES & ORANGES. Anybody that thinks the Grove is making unreasonable decisions about when it should and should not race, here's an idea. Go to the office and sign a declaration that you will cover all expenses not taken in at the gates! I'm sure you will be greeted with open arms and you can see the race you so badly wanted to see. Attendance is down at all the tracks. They cannot and will not take losses just to please 10 people on an opinion free for all message board. How many more times this racing season will we see this useless post?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oh, and let's not forget the fireworks! I'd bet the fireworks alone were many times more than Trailways purse and operating expenses combined!


The purse is way more then TW that you are correct with. Electric bill I will give you as well because TW dont have musco lights. Insurance you are wrong completely. Trail Way has the exact same insurance that the Grove has.

Do I think the Grove is screwing up? As Stone Cold would say.... OH HELL YEAH!!!! They screwed up this week by telling several car owners as well as drivers at 2 PM they where racing so pack up and head down the road, only to cancel 1 hr later. What changed in that 1 hr? They got no rain at that point as the rain was out of the area. You can only do this so much before you loose the drivers and the fans.

They wont loose the drivers because they have no other place to race on Friday nights for the time being, but I can tell you they are loosing fans. Not a lot right now, but say they have lost 50 fans because of bad management decisions and horrible track conditions. Now lets say those 50 fans tell another 50 friends who have put up with the Grove that another race track (which ever one they decide to go to) that they saw an awesome race every time they go to a different race track. Those fans might be inclined to head to that other race track and check it out and see for themselves. Now they go and are like Holy Cow that was what we where missing. Now right there is 100 fans at $13 a head that they lost.Thats not including if they take their family's with them. Now they go and tell another 50 fans that the first 50 fans where right the racing at so and so's track is great. Guess what they could see a decrease in attendance real quick.

I know I quit going to the track several years ago because I got bored watching races where they got strung out. I started going to TW and started seeing great side by side racing and have not missed going to the Grove at all. You can only live on your Name and reputation for so long before people realize you are full of it and your reputation goes down the drain. Regardless what you might think that has been happening for a while now and is not going to get any better any time soon with the way they are running the track right now.

Funny thing is I cant wait to read RT88 AKA Stephen Bubb's article this week in AARN where he says all of us fans are whats hurting the sport the most, because he wont be able to go to long without writing one. :doh: :yessss: :cheers2:

_________________
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com

2014 race count

Williams Grove-4
Lincoln- 17
Trail Way -13
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:34 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:44 pm
Posts: 4406
Location: 704 Houser St.
I don't buy it. The fans will complain on here but when the gates at the grove open up next week, they will be the first in line. I wanted to see some racing Friday night too but I won't complain about a track making a decision on what's best for them. There's other things to do, most of them cheaper. 2 other nights of racing this weekend so that's good enough for me. :redpepper:

_________________
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:45 pm 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:31 pm
Posts: 923
Bill Mc wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
I'm sure that the Groves purse would dwarf Trailways. As would the electric bill, insurance bill and everything else involved. It's APPLES & ORANGES. Anybody that thinks the Grove is making unreasonable decisions about when it should and should not race, here's an idea. Go to the office and sign a declaration that you will cover all expenses not taken in at the gates! I'm sure you will be greeted with open arms and you can see the race you so badly wanted to see. Attendance is down at all the tracks. They cannot and will not take losses just to please 10 people on an opinion free for all message board. How many more times this racing season will we see this useless post?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oh, and let's not forget the fireworks! I'd bet the fireworks alone were many times more than Trailways purse and operating expenses combined!


The purse is way more then TW that you are correct with. Electric bill I will give you as well because TW dont have musco lights. Insurance you are wrong completely. Trail Way has the exact same insurance that the Grove has.

Do I think the Grove is screwing up? As Stone Cold would say.... OH HELL YEAH!!!! They screwed up this week by telling several car owners as well as drivers at 2 PM they where racing so pack up and head down the road, only to cancel 1 hr later. What changed in that 1 hr? They got no rain at that point as the rain was out of the area. You can only do this so much before you loose the drivers and the fans.

They wont loose the drivers because they have no other place to race on Friday nights for the time being, but I can tell you they are loosing fans. Not a lot right now, but say they have lost 50 fans because of bad management decisions and horrible track conditions. Now lets say those 50 fans tell another 50 friends who have put up with the Grove that another race track (which ever one they decide to go to) that they saw an awesome race every time they go to a different race track. Those fans might be inclined to head to that other race track and check it out and see for themselves. Now they go and are like Holy Cow that was what we where missing. Now right there is 100 fans at $13 a head that they lost.Thats not including if they take their family's with them. Now they go and tell another 50 fans that the first 50 fans where right the racing at so and so's track is great. Guess what they could see a decrease in attendance real quick.

I know I quit going to the track several years ago because I got bored watching races where they got strung out. I started going to TW and started seeing great side by side racing and have not missed going to the Grove at all. You can only live on your Name and reputation for so long before people realize you are full of it and your reputation goes down the drain. Regardless what you might think that has been happening for a while now and is not going to get any better any time soon with the way they are running the track right now.

Funny thing is I cant wait to read RT88 AKA Stephen Bubb's article this week in AARN where he says all of us fans are whats hurting the sport the most, because he wont be able to go to long without writing one. :doh: :yessss: :cheers2:


I very seriously doubt that Trailway is going to hurt the Grove!

Nothing wrong with wishful thinking though! :thumbright:

I won't question that it's not good racing, but.....................................................................................................

_________________
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.


The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:47 pm 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 964
Right on Bill! Excellent post. If they made a decision early in the day, when the weather is kind of rough, I can live with it whether or not I agree with their reasons. What pi$$ed me off was seeing Rob Sell asking them point blank on Twitter what the verdict was and made it perfectly clear that they were ready to load up and leave and the grove tells him that as long as the radar was clear, everything was a go then an hour later with no rain anywhere near, they pull the plug. Anyone who can't see a problem with that doesn't have much going on upstairs. I'm not gonna sit here and say I'm not going back because I really like going there but I'm dam close and next time they pull a stunt like that, I'm taking the opportunity to make my 1st trip to Trail Way. I would've this time but my wife wanted to make me a good dinner so I stayed home with her for the evening.

_________________
Way she goes.............


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:13 pm 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:31 pm
Posts: 923
winged_thunder wrote:
5wFan wrote:
Since the Grove looks for a reason NOT to race, they should just get let Lincoln or Port have Friday nights & be done with it...Pinky could still have her exciting, affordable Saturday night series for anyone that cares. :yessss:



Agreed. Someone needs to step up and give the Grove some competition. What do they care right now? They are the only game in town so things will never change. They'd be forced to get their act together if there was someone else competing against them.



That was already tried!

Result: Grove 1 Somebody else 0

Besides don't they have Trailway already?????????????????????????????????

_________________
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.


The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:00 pm 
Offline
Legend
Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:17 am
Posts: 5115
You are missing the point but that's nothing new. This ain't a Grove TW thing. TW is no competition to the Grove but if you keep screwing teams and fans they will go somewhere else on Friday nights.

_________________
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com

2014 race count

Williams Grove-4
Lincoln- 17
Trail Way -13
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:01 pm 
Offline
Pit Member
Pit Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:16 am
Posts: 964
Bill Mc wrote:
You are missing the point but that's nothing new. This ain't a Grove TW thing. TW is no competition to the Grove but if you keep screwing teams and fans they will go somewhere else on Friday nights.

Exactly. That somewhere else doesn't necessarily have to be a racetrack. Even though I rarely ever do anything else, there ARE other things to do on Friday night besides attend a race. Either way, keep it up and many people will spend their Fridays elsewhere and that could be game over.

_________________
Way she goes.............


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group