Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:39 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Each paid camping spot should be around 20' by 50'. So, two buddies camped side by side are technically entitled to 40' by 50'.....that, times how many campers, is a lot of space. Not much you can do about that. It's a huge race, with a lot of fans. Just like NASCAR, parking and space will be minimal.

2014 Race Count

Volusia: 4
Lincoln: 9
Williams Grove: 11
Port Royal: 10
Susky: 3
Roaring Knob: 1
Path Valey: 1
Grandview: 2
Selinsgrove: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:16 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Dirtvision, lol.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:46 am 
Rookie
Rookie

they are not allowing any rv parking on the frontstretch lot this year. cars only

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:58 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Has anyone ever been to Eldora for the Kings Royal??Trust me, you Will have a Reserved spot in advance and Your spot will be clearly identified with orange paint and markers on the corner of the lot. The national Open camping is the biggest joke for parking that I have ever seen in my life. It clearly shows that the management could care less if you can find a place to park your car or not and the bit about no campers on the frontstretch THIS year, it has been my understanding that has always been the policy. Anyone care to make a wager that there will be NO campers on the frontstrech on Saturday afternoon. Dave Exner says it correctly"until Tony Stewart buys this facility, it will continue to be run into the ground as it presently is. What a shame for a facilty that COULD be second to none.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:24 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

barnharts4 wrote:
Has anyone ever been to Eldora for the Kings Royal??Trust me, you Will have a Reserved spot in advance and Your spot will be clearly identified with orange paint and markers on the corner of the lot. The national Open camping is the biggest joke for parking that I have ever seen in my life. It clearly shows that the management could care less if you can find a place to park your car or not and the bit about no campers on the frontstretch THIS year, it has been my understanding that has always been the policy. Anyone care to make a wager that there will be NO campers on the frontstrech on Saturday afternoon. Dave Exner says it correctly"until Tony Stewart buys this facility, it will continue to be run into the ground as it presently is. What a shame for a facilty that COULD be second to none.

Well said :clap: :thumbright:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:24 pm 
Racer
Racer

I know I have a spot as the camper I'm staying in was there on Wednesday! Prime spot and I'm ready for this weekend!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :puking:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:09 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Could have a bright future!!!! :silenced:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:15 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

The Grove may not be second to none, but it also only operates with minimal staff and it does so twice, weekly almost all year. Tons of campers show up during the week and set up. A lot of them are locals and they set up in similar locations throughout the year. Hard to police all of that.
IMO the fans that support the track EVERY week, no matter what, should get to set up where and how they want.
Besides, most of the roped off areas, paid for by the campers, are filled with their friends carS. Who are also PAYING spectators!!
Small parking areas for lots of cars and campers = limited space. If campers are paying the camping fee plus $65 minimum to see the Open....they deserve the space.

2014 Race Count

Volusia: 4
Lincoln: 9
Williams Grove: 11
Port Royal: 10
Susky: 3
Roaring Knob: 1
Path Valey: 1
Grandview: 2
Selinsgrove: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:42 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Who was it on here that said No Parking Of Campers on Fronstretch this year???I parked in the amusement park and walked by at least a dozen campers that were on the frontstretch on Friday night. Maybe security made an executive decision to use that as overflow camping since the backstretch was full of a well organized campground. I saw Tony on top of his hauler and had he not had a cast on his leg I was going to ask him who laid his camping area out. As Dave Exner said, watched it on Dirtvision.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:54 pm 
Legend
Legend

Tony was parked at the Tilton Hilton Saturday afternoon. :D

2014 races : 46

Port Royal 19
Williams Grove 19
Lincoln. 4
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1