Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:24 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Re: 358/360's
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:14 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Really don't know??????????????????????????????????

Interesting that you said last three years??????????????????????????????????

A lot have already made the switch!

Look at the Woo schedule!

A lot of races on tracks that run 360's on a regular basis or no sprints at all.

How come we now have a 360's nationals at Knoxville that gets more cars than the 410's????????????????????????

I'll have to look into this more, but I'm thinking 360's are the headline division at Knoxville.[/quote]

Maybe you should have" looked into it" before you just started making stuff up.Tracks in Illinois just went back to running 410 weekly.Last year Boss based in Ohio started a touring 410 sprint group.Michigan Traditional Sprints(MTS)another touring group are racing at more tracks then ever.

13-KOKOMO,IN
1-Haubstadt,in
1-MONTPILIER,IN
0-Anderson,in
4-GAS CITY,in
9-PUTNAMVILLE,IN
3-BLOOMINGTON,IN
1-QUINCY,IL
1-Waynesfield,oh
1-LINCOLN,IL
1-Terre Haute,in
3-Rossburg,oh
0-Pontoon beach,IL
1-DANVILLE,IL
1-Paragon,In
1-LIBERTY,In
1-INDY MILE,In
17-different tracks,3 states

Total-47

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:16 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45
What if you put a govener on the flux capacitor??? Wouldn't that lower the number of gigawatts that is required to power it from the standard 1.21 gigawatts??? I would think that less gigawatts would draw out the life of the flux capacitor, plus with the less power they will be getting it should help save on tires since they won't be required to reach 88 mph...

JMO...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:35 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

JTR13 wrote:
What if you put a govener on the flux capacitor??? Wouldn't that lower the number of gigawatts that is required to power it from the standard 1.21 gigawatts??? I would think that less gigawatts would draw out the life of the flux capacitor, plus with the less power they will be getting it should help save on tires since they won't be required to reach 88 mph...

JMO...

I think I just found my "Post of the Week" nominee!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:57 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

AERO410SCJA wrote:

A lot of races on tracks that run 360's on a regular basis or no sprints at all.

How come we now have a 360's nationals at Knoxville that gets more cars than the 410's????????????????????????

I'll have to look into this more, but I'm thinking 360's are the headline division at Knoxville.

Maybe you should have" looked into it" before you just started making stuff up.Tracks in Illinois just went back to running 410 weekly.Last year Boss based in Ohio started a touring 410 sprint group.Michigan Traditional Sprints(MTS)another touring group are racing at more tracks then ever.[/quote]

Both groups mentioned are WINGLESS!

The one group also has a 360 wingless division.

Will look into what divisions Knoxville runs on a regular basis.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:31 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

You won't have to look far to find 410's are the headline division for Knoxville weekly shows and Williamsgrove Port Royal and Lincoln for quite a while to come.. You can't dumb the whole world down to where you want it to be. Obama will only be President for three more seasons and 410's will outlast that then they will be home free.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:56 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

longtimefan wrote:
You won't have to look far to find 410's are the headline division for Knoxville weekly shows and Williamsgrove Port Royal and Lincoln for quite a while to come.. You can't dumb the whole world down to where you want it to be. Obama will only be President for three more seasons and 410's will outlast that then they will be home free.

Looks like they run 410's 360's and 305's. Doesn't mention which one is the headline division. Why couldn't the 360's be the headline division???????????????????????? Sorry that I'm better at picking winners than you! When the 360's take over around here I'll buy you a sno-cone and a box of popcorn. I want to make sure you enjoy watching. By the way, how was that crow last November??????????????????????????????????????????????????

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:15 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
longtimefan wrote:

Looks like they run 410's 360's and 305's. Doesn't mention which one is the headline division. Why couldn't the 360's be the headline division???????????????????????? Sorry that I'm better at picking winners than you! When the 360's take over around here I'll buy you a sno-cone and a box of popcorn. I want to make sure you enjoy watching. By the way, how was that crow last November??????????????????????????????????????????????????

410's are the headline division at knoxville there is no question about that. Not only do the 410's average more cars they put on a great show their....most likely the best track in the nation!! I know it is the best track I have ever been at. They on Average get around 30+ 410's a week compared to 24 - 360's a week and it is even less than that for the 305's.

I have seen 10 Knoxville 410 Nationals live....none of the 360 Nationals live....maybe someday? I did however watch the 360 Nationals on the i-net 2 years ago. Also the 410 Nationals are packed compared to the 360 Nationals. The money maker every year is the 410 Nationals.

Yes, I like 358/360 racing just as much as the 410's. I usually go to the 358/360 National Open at Selinsgrove...but I can't make it this year. I really enjoy that show every year. Tons of great racing and I really like the format of the 2 heat races per car.

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:02 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
AERO410SCJA wrote:

I'll have to look into this more, but I'm thinking 360's are the headline division at Knoxville.

Maybe you should have" looked into it" before you just started making stuff up.Tracks in Illinois just went back to running 410 weekly.Last year Boss based in Ohio started a touring 410 sprint group.Michigan Traditional Sprints(MTS)another touring group are racing at more tracks then ever.

Both groups mentioned are WINGLESS!

The one group also has a 360 wingless division.

Will look into what divisions Knoxville runs on a regular basis.[/quote

Neither group has a 360 division,BOSS doesn't allow big blocks,MTS has 410 max cubic inch rule.
Thought we were talking cubic inch not sprint car, winged sprintcar.I'm just pointing out 360 are no longer taking over the sprintcar world as you suggest.

13-KOKOMO,IN
1-Haubstadt,in
1-MONTPILIER,IN
0-Anderson,in
4-GAS CITY,in
9-PUTNAMVILLE,IN
3-BLOOMINGTON,IN
1-QUINCY,IL
1-Waynesfield,oh
1-LINCOLN,IL
1-Terre Haute,in
3-Rossburg,oh
0-Pontoon beach,IL
1-DANVILLE,IL
1-Paragon,In
1-LIBERTY,In
1-INDY MILE,In
17-different tracks,3 states

Total-47

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:09 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Neither grpup has a 360 class but 360s are eligible to race with them last year boss has a 305 win a feature with them. No wings you don't need all the power and the racing is much less boring

5 Williams Grove
3 Susky
6 Path Valley
1 Fremont OH.
2 Hagerstown
2 Grandview
1 Lernerville
1 Eldora
2 Selinsgrove

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:17 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Sprintcars100 wrote:
Neither grpup has a 360 class but 360s are eligible to race with them last year boss has a 305 win a feature with them. No wings you don't need all the power and the racing is much less boring

Well said :redpepper:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:23 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

g2aacc wrote:
Sprintcars100 wrote:

Well said :redpepper:

Is there any track in the country that runs both winged and wingless as regular weekly (or frequent) shows, such that at least some of the regulars might be running both? No significance to the question other than I'm curious. Wings vs. wingless seems to cause divergence of opinion akin to differences in religion.

How different is the equipment for winged vs. wingless, other than taking the wing off? Is it just setup, or are there other parts that one needs to change?

Also, how much does it affect sponsorship? After all, the wing does provide a sort of rolling billboard, from a sponsor's perspective.

Veering back to the thread topic, I'm asking just because I think that whatever happens with 410s vs. 360 might end up being tied to what happens as far as winged vs. wingless. As noted above, if one doesn't have the downforce from the wing, the extra power is less useful, so there is at least a chance that any changes that would catch on might involve the total package - not just reconsidering wings or engines, but possibly some combination of both.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:06 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

At Williams Grove, Justin has been going around on Fridays the last few weeks speaking with the 358 drivers and owners. Per Justin, the facts at the moment are that the 358 class is growing again as the car counts have been up at Williams Grove and Lincoln.

It sounds like Justin would like to leave the 358 rules alone for 2014 so that there would be at least two years with no changes to the 358 rules. He has also stated that Williams Grove, Lincoln and Port seem to agree they will keep the 358's for at least two or three years to let the car counts increase. He is indicating that these three tracks will not make the 360 division the headliner. Doesn't even sound like the 360's will race at the Grove except for URC sanctioned races.

I believe the 410's will continue to rule in the central PA for quite some time. :clap: :cheers2:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:55 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

ohdh wrote:
At Williams Grove, Justin has been going around on Fridays the last few weeks speaking with the 358 drivers and owners. Per Justin, the facts at the moment are that the 358 class is growing again as the car counts have been up at Williams Grove and Lincoln.

It sounds like Justin would like to leave the 358 rules alone for 2014 so that there would be at least two years with no changes to the 358 rules. He has also stated that Williams Grove, Lincoln and Port seem to agree they will keep the 358's for at least two or three years to let the car counts increase. He is indicating that these three tracks will not make the 360 division the headliner. Doesn't even sound like the 360's will race at the Grove except for URC sanctioned races.

I believe the 410's will continue to rule in the central PA for quite some time. :clap: :cheers2:

Why did u say Port will keep 358 rules the same did you mean Selinsgrove?

Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 8
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:25 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

I hope all sprint car racing in central pa is thriving for years to come. 410's are my favorite followed close behind by the 360's and 358's.
I like late models too......but it is a steep drop off between the sprints and Late Models.

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:32 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

So JNR6 is now BStrawser26! :thinking:

Gilbert K. Chesterton

Mark Twain

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next