Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:12 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:13 pm 
Legend
Legend

I don't mind walking as long as it is someplace I don't get parked in. The show runs way too long and I end up leaving for work usually before the feature starts. I think I parked over at the Park last year and that worked out fine as long as they have someone in control parking the cars. I hate when they park normal rows like every week and then people start parking the other direction and close off every way to get out. Of course I could alway take the van and just push a car out of the way...Trust me it has been a thought already! Idiots did it to me at Susky the last race everyone parked in rows then they decided to park the other direction behind the rows, if i wasn't in my wife's car they would have been fixing a door. Just park me where I can get out and I am fine, don't mind walking.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:30 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

At least we all know where we are going with the out of control parking situation. I was right there for the Tyler Walker event and it was actually fun. :D But I'm not planning on being there for the parking situation event. :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:29 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

wow...they ran into your car?

you gotta love situations where the parking plan is chaos when you know more $ could be made by investing in a few cans of orange spray paint and a tape measure to line off and charge for camping!

Port = 2716 ft. = .51 mile T3=TBD
Grove = 2792 ft. = .53 mile T3=135 MPH
Selinsgrove = 2847 ft. = .54 mile T1=136 MPH

2013: 49 Races
Grove: 25 / Lincoln: 13 / Port: 2 / Susky: 4 / Selinsgrove: 2 / Eldora: 2 / Lima: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:02 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

You can line off the parking lot and then spray your hair or a friends hair :D .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:31 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

i wonder how much you noncampers have to pay to park there? I know we campers have to pay $30, whether we are there for 1 day or for 4. Besides that, the vast majority of us only take enough room for our camper, there are a few that make it look bad for us all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:50 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

A friend of mine just informed me that the back strecth is full of campers and he does not know where all the people that are coming by cars are going to park ! :dontknow: :ahhh:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:49 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Who is right? The clayslinger :D or speedracer5? :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:14 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

No problem parking for us. Parked right in front of our home and subscribed to Dirtvision and enjoyed the races and not on the highway back to NJ until 2:30 a.m. or later.

Didn't have to drive past three miles of cones blocking one lane for construction on the PA turnpike for less than an 1/8th of a mile of work in progress where they are working.

Doing the same tonight.

Drive safe and sober everyone................DX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:48 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

WORKS FOR ME DAVE ,,GOT MY RESERVED PARKING AND SEAT FOR TONIGHT ALSO ...WOULD HAVE LIKED TO BE THERE LIKE I AM FOR REGULAR SHOWS,BUT I REFUSE TO DEAL WITH THE PARKING SITUATION....FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DID MAKE IT,,ENJOY YOURSELFS AND HAVE ANOTHER ONE FOR ME!!!!HOPE TO SEE ANOTHER GREAT RACE TONIGHT!!!!!!! :thumbright:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:15 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

As soon as management gets wind of what went on last night things will change.Campers parked up against the wall on the backstrech with people choosing to stand on top of their camper to watch the race instead of paying to get in

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:37 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

yeldarb wrote:
As soon as management gets wind of what went on last night things will change.Campers parked up against the wall on the backstrech with people choosing to stand on top of their camper to watch the race instead of paying to get in

That would mean a member of the management team actually having to leave the office. In short aint gonna happen.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:13 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Somebody posted the idea of campers at the amusement park and personally I think it makes a world of sense. Just level all the buildings and such and open it up for campers. My friends' parked their campers over in the reserved lots and that was alittle nuts getting back there after the race. If you want to know specifics you can shoot me a PM, but I was pretty ****** about the madness after the race.