Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: FAST FREDDIE!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:28 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

CH_88 wrote:
I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Fred winning the National Open is my best racing memory and I've been fortunate to be around the sport for my entire 27 years on earth. He didn't need this win to validate his career but what an exclamation point it is nonetheless. Without a doubt one of the greatest moments in central Pa sprint car racing history. Moments like those are what this sport is all about. You won't see it on the national news and the NASCRAP experts at ESPN could give a sh!t less but those of us who witnessed it know what we saw. It was history. REAL history. Not Danica making millions for finishing mid pack and showing a little skin once in awhile. Not some cookie cutter corporate fanboy winning a restrictor plate race by pure luck. This is a tough as nails, old school blue collar racer who busted his a$$ and forged his legend from blood sweat and tears and despite being wrote off as washed up, came back on a mission to prove he's still got it. Mission accomplished Fred. You earned it and we are all witnesses. Thank you for giving us another priceless memory on top of all the great things you've already done.

That's the WORD!!!!!!
:bdf: :jiggy: :cheers2: :clap: :yessss: :yessss: :yessss:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:29 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

After visiting the Grove's website this afternoon, I just want to state that it is a pleasure to read the positive comments regarding Fred Rahmer's victory last night (this morning) and not read anything disrespectful towards Fast Freddie. He earned all the Grove's fans respect with his victory in the Open.

Thanks again fans for your respects towards Fred Rahmer, a legend in our time!

DX

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:51 pm 
Legend
Legend

CH_88 wrote:
I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Fred winning the National Open is my best racing memory and I've been fortunate to be around the sport for my entire 27 years on earth. He didn't need this win to validate his career but what an exclamation point it is nonetheless. Without a doubt one of the greatest moments in central Pa sprint car racing history. Moments like those are what this sport is all about. You won't see it on the national news and the NASCRAP experts at ESPN could give a sh!t less but those of us who witnessed it know what we saw. It was history. REAL history. Not Danica making millions for finishing mid pack and showing a little skin once in awhile. Not some cookie cutter corporate fanboy winning a restrictor plate race by pure luck. This is a tough as nails, old school blue collar racer who busted his a$$ and forged his legend from blood sweat and tears and despite being wrote off as washed up, came back on a mission to prove he's still got it. Mission accomplished Fred. You earned it and we are all witnesses. Thank you for giving us another priceless memory on top of all the great things you've already done.

:thumbright: :clap:

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:10 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Dirttrackracing wrote:
GETS IT DONE!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO :bdf: :yessss:

Story Book ending to a great career. Glad I was there to see it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:40 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

CH_88 wrote:

Well said. Thank you for being an inspiration Fred. You are indeed "The Man" :buddiesdrinking:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:31 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

“They had me dead and buried. I'm not dead yet. The one thing I learned from the last couple years is that the people you are with can beat you way easier than the people you race against.”

That is vintage Fred Rahmer. It had to feel so good to get that off his chest. Way to go Fast Freddie!

I called his WOO win and did the interview after his win at Lernerville. Got to know him long before that and ?I have been a fan ever since!

Somebody needs to make up some of those window stickers like people put in their car windows for the beaches

F OFF

FRIENDS OF FAST FREDDIE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:04 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I've been a Fast Freddie fan all my life and I just want to tell Fred

THANKS!!!!!

Thanks for the man you are on and off the track.
Thanks for taking time for the fans, especially the kids.
Thanks for giving us so many memories.
Thanks for everything you did for the sport of dirt track racing.
Thanks for helping all the other racers for so many years.
Thanks for staying true to your roots.
Thanks for being a humble and true champion.

THANKS for being YOU!!

Sprint car racing will go on without Fast Freddie, but Fast Freddie will NEVER be forgotten.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:31 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

My question is this. Is he really going to not show up and just hand Hodnett the title and 20 grand?? I find that hard to believe.

Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:49 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

:thumbleft: :thumbright: :clap: :cheers2: :yessss: :bdf: :D Nuff said

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:42 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

CH_88 wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:42 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I will remember that night forever. As a Rahmer fan could not be prouder! Great man, Great Racer and I wish him and his family the best and THANKS FOR ALL THE MEMORIES!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:17 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I've been going to races for a long time and I have been to a countless number of races and I can say that every race seems to run together in your memory after a while. But Saturday night at Williams Grove was different. Saturday night at Williams Grove was special. There are special moments in racing that transcend the sport and are truly special in every way, and Fred Rahmer winning the National Open in his final attempt was one of those moments. It was truly a pleasure to see the reaction of the crowd when Freddie stopped on the backstretch. What a special and historical moment in dirt racing history. It doesn't get much better than that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:28 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

VA Mudslinger wrote:
I've been going to races for a long time and I have been to a countless number of races and I can say that every race seems to run together in your memory after a while. But Saturday night at Williams Grove was different. Saturday night at Williams Grove was special. There are special moments in racing that transcend the sport and are truly special in every way, and Fred Rahmer winning the National Open in his final attempt was one of those moments. It was truly a pleasure to see the reaction of the crowd when Freddie stopped on the backstretch. What a special and historical moment in dirt racing history. It doesn't get much better than that.

Well said. That atmosphere over the final few laps and into the victory celebration was really something special to see. The salute from Beerhill to Fred was outstanding especially when he stopped and got out of the car. It was very cool to see his buddy Brent Kaeding riding on the car as well as Fred was push to the front for the victory lane celebration. I don't ever remember so many people sticking around for a victory lane interview either. It was a historical night and moment that was enjoyed by many.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:29 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

When Fred jumped out of that car in front of us on the backstretch, it instantly became the moment that will forever go down as my favorite at the historic Williams Grove Speedway. To me, nothing I've seen at the track has ever, nor will ever, top that. Congrats to Fred — you've earned it. That win meant so much to so many people. Also to Deb, Rob, Moon and the whole 20s group. What a perfect way to close up a career!

Lincoln - 3
Selinsgrove - 2
Eldora - 1
Path Valley - 1
Grandview - 1

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:52 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Shuey21 wrote:
My question is this. Is he really going to not show up and just hand Hodnett the title and 20 grand?? I find that hard to believe.

Fred has certainly earned the right to walk away whenever and however he chooses to do it. Doing so now would be like Michael Jordan calling it quits after sinking the buzer-beater to win the final game of his last NBA final. It would be poetic, and a wonderful memory.

Even so, I hope he doesn't do it, if only for two people - Greg Hodnett and John Trone. If Fred is honest with himself, he knows that if Greg and the Trone team are going to win the track Championship this year, they'd rather do it on the track, not because the leader packed it up and handed it to them with two races to go. If Fred were injured or otherwise unable to compete, that's one thing. It would be sad, but luck is still a part of racing. But no competitor wants to be "The Champion" by any way other than by beating "The Champion", or at least by beating the top competition in that season or that moment. Yes, the title and the money are nice regardless, but competitors want to earn them.

Will winning the Williams Grove title one more time make any difference at all to Fred's legacy, even if it's to have him go out on top at both Lincoln and The Grove in his final season? Not much. The win at the Open and maybe his amazing consistency this year with all those Top Ten finishes will be what people remember one way or the other. But if he doesn't win the title, I hope it's because he, Moon, Little Fred, the Sells, and everybody else took it down to the last lap of the last race of Fred's last season, but that Hodnett and the Trone team won it on the track in the end.

As I said, though, it's Fred's choice, along with his team. And in my opinion, he's earned the right to have me and everybody else who might disagree with his choice respect his decision, whatever it is.