Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CONGRATS to Fast Freddie
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:00 am 
Legend
Legend

CONGRATS to Fast Freddie on winning the 2013 410 Track Championship at Williams Grove! :thumbright: :clap:

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:54 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Congrats to Fred on your Grove Championship. The guy still got it! :bdf:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:36 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

supertc88 wrote:
CONGRATS to Fast Freddie on winning the 2013 410 Track Championship at Williams Grove! :thumbright: :clap:

:cheers2: to the best driver in the last 30 years in pa....there will never be another Fred Rahmer!!

Glad to see him win the championship again....9th time!!! :yessss: :yessss: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:06 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Fast Freddie You are the MAN !!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:23 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

It was a storybook end to a fabulous career. One more car in between them, and Hodnett would have had it. Kudos to Greg for a great season, too.

I'm also happy for Mr. Sell - winning an owner's title at Williams Grove is also an achievement. I hope he can do it again one day with his son behind the wheel.

The only thing that would have made it more perfect would have been if somehow Mr. Trone could have shared the owners title in his last season. He's given a lot to the sport, to the fans, to the drivers and crews who have worked for him, and probably a lot more that we'll never know about.

But in the end, it was Fred's night. I'm SOOOOOOOO glad he didn't walk away after the Open.

Thanks for the memories, Fred, and I'm sure we all hope that we've not seen the last of you at the track, even if it does turn out to be the last time we see you on the track. A few years down the road, people will be envious when we talk about actually having seen you drive, rather than just having read about it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:59 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Congratulations to Fast Freddie Rahmer on the 2013 Williams Grove track title, and going out on top. The way I see it, it has been an honor and a privilege to have been able to see Fred race for the years I did. Not to many people can say that have done what Fred was able to do. Sprint car racing will not be the same without Fred around anymore, thanks for the memories Fred. :clap:

/l ,[____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

2014 RACE COUNTER:
Bloomington: 1
Clinton County: 1
Eldora: 1
Grandview: 1
Kokomo: 1
Lincoln: 3
New Eqypt: 1
Path Valley: 1
Port Royal: 16
Putnamville: 1
Susky: 1
Williams Grove: 5

Total: 33

2013 Total: 51

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:47 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Great way to end a great driving career. I know we will soon be seeing the Rahmer name back at the Grove and what a great teacher the boys will have.

Good luck Champ....................

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:44 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

What A perfect ending, to a fantastic career! :yessss: First the Open, now the Championship. :clap: They will be talking about this for a LONG time. :cheers2:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:53 am 
Crew Member
Crew Member

There's going to come a time where I'm going to feel just like the guys who got to see Hinnershitz, Mitch Smith, and Opp. There will be a generation coming along who never got to see the legendary Fred Rahmer in a sprint car.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:23 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Way to go Freddy! We will surely miss you each week. The best to you, your family, and hope to see the boys racing in the near future. I know we will see you at a track somewhere!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:30 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Congrats, Fred.
I remember when you gave up your starting position dropping back to the 24th spot to start only to WIN at Lincoln. Also the string of 10 consecutive wins at Lincoln.
Yes you are the MAN!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:59 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Congratulations to Fred, Rob Sell, Family & Team! Just a fantastic year and what a way to walk away on your own terms.

BS to Williams Grove!!!!! I CANNOT believe that 1) no banquets any more and that "awards" thing on the front stretch last year was a HUGE show of disrespect to the owners, drivers and team members. And, what are you doing the same BS again this year????!!!!

2) Where was Williams Grove's tribute to Fred????? You people should be ASHAMED!!!!

WTF!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:09 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Snappy-3 wrote:
Congratulations to Fred, Rob Sell, Family & Team! Just a fantastic year and what a way to walk away on your own terms.

BS to Williams Grove!!!!! I CANNOT believe that 1) no banquets any more and that "awards" thing on the front stretch last year was a HUGE show of disrespect to the owners, drivers and team members. And, what are you doing the same BS again this year????!!!!

2) Where was Williams Grove's tribute to Fred????? You people should be ASHAMED!!!!

WTF!!!

Snappy, you called right.

The Grove began the dive when they (she) cancelled the lighting improvement three quarters of being completed, then we orphans on the backstretch have to take our little ones over the bridge for ice cream and then the topper, no sausage sandwich on a Friday night at 7:20 pm.

If I was Tony Stewart, I'd buy Susquehanna and run on Friday nights and pay $5,000 to win.

Only made ten trips to the Grove this year, probably will reduce to seven next season if they don't fix a few items like speakers that work on the backstretch, bring back ice cream to the backstretch food stand, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:23 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

CTtoPA wrote:
There's going to come a time where I'm going to feel just like the guys who got to see Hinnershitz, Mitch Smith, and Opp. There will be a generation coming along who never got to see the legendary Fred Rahmer in a sprint car.

That is so true. It's the reason why I made it a point to take my 5 year old son to see him race at Williams Grove at least once. We made it this past Friday night.

Hagerstown - 12
Winchester - 8
Path Valley - 1
Williams Grove - 2

https://www.facebook.com/brettroseracingengines

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:02 pm 
Racer
Racer

1) Why am I not surprised to hear people complaining about ice cream on a Friday night where the racing was great?

2) If you dont like it dont go

3) I believe there were plans to improve the speaker system over the off season stated somewhere

4) OH MY GOD NO MORE SAUSAGE SANDWICHES WHATEVER WILL WE DO??????

Oh I know....stop on the way home or on the way to the track for food?

I hear McDonalds has decent ice cream and a ice cream cone is only a dollar :thumbleft:

5) Fred didnt want a tribute anyway. Him winning the National Open was the best tribute anyone could have gave him.

UNOH student.

2013: 56 races at 15 different tracks.

2014 Races: 23

Waynesfield: 5
Eldora: 4
Attica: 2
Wiliams Grove: 3
Lincoln: 1
Kokomo: 1
Volusia: 1
Limaland: 2
Talladega Short Track: 1