Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:35 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

With last weeks rainout, does anyone know if the Super Late Models will be rescheduled for another night?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:41 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

No.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:42 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

:thinking: Lame.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:30 am 
Rookie
Rookie

It should not be that hard to find a date to put the Super Late Models to the schedule....Friday or Saturday. They always put on a great show at the Grove. Would be great if the Grove could add a Three State Flyers or NDRL series race!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:56 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Pretty sure there is a Three State Flyer show at Bedford Speedway this Friday night.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:25 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

No way in the free world that they would reschedule them on a Saturday night with Port, Selinsgrove and Hagerstown all running them. Bedford runs basically every Friday from here on out too.

Lincoln - 3
Selinsgrove - 2
Eldora - 1
Path Valley - 1
Grandview - 1

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:01 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

pell021 wrote:
No way in the free world that they would reschedule them on a Saturday night with Port, Selinsgrove and Hagerstown all running them. Bedford runs basically every Friday from here on out too.

Has any local track ever run Super Late Models and 410s, to have a sort of "two top divisions, no undercard" show on a weekly basis? I'm not aware of any track doing it in recent years, but I'm curious if it has ever been done in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:37 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Warthog wrote:
pell021 wrote:

Has any local track ever run Super Late Models and 410s, to have a sort of "two top divisions, no undercard" show on a weekly basis? I'm not aware of any track doing it in recent years, but I'm curious if it has ever been done in the past.

Port royal every week :thinking:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:55 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Yes Port.
Would like to see the Supers run their feature first, then the 410,s second

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:25 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

in my younger days selinsgrove, port, williamsgrove and i believe lincoln all ran super sprints(technically not 410's) and late models(technically not super lates) on a weekly basis but they were the equivalent at that time

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:02 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Lincoln ran both every week back in the 70-80's....those were great shows!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:04 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

lernerville runs the octoberfest every week! 410 sprints, super late models and big block modifieds :mrgreen: geographically speakingthats probably considered more regional than local

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:05 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Warthog wrote:
pell021 wrote:

Williams Grove had super sprints and LM's and no undercard I believe up until early or mid 80's. Of course the sprints are always considered the top division around here, especially at the grove. The Saturday tracks have always had at least 3 divisions as long as I can remember. I don't remember any running just sprints and LM's with no support divisions for a regular show.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:54 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

hotrodney wrote:
Warthog wrote:
pell021 wrote:

Williams Grove had super sprints and LM's and no undercard I believe up until early or mid 80's. Of course the sprints are always considered the top division around here, especially at the grove. The Saturday tracks have always had at least 3 divisions as long as I can remember. I don't remember any running just sprints and LM's with no support divisions for a regular show.

Thanks for the info! Maybe I should have not put the constraint of "no undercard" on my question, but I was thinking along the lines that you mentioned. The Grove usually runs 410s and 358s as their "standard" show, so why not 410s and SLMs, for "the best" of the open wheeled and fendered options on Friday night, with Saturday night for the Sportsman, 358s, Limited Lates and other classes for both "development" of those who wanted to move up eventually, or as a more laid-back night for those who were happy in those classes?

I wonder what led the Grove to go away from that model. Maybe doing the 410/358 show gave them a better "feeder" system to their main class, while losing fewer 358s to the Saturday night tracks. Have any other tracks run a 410/SLM combination as a "weekly" lineup, with or without any other classes? If not, why not? It would seem to be a way to draw well from both open wheeled and fendered camps.

I realize that there are probably angles to this that I haven't thought of, and some of it might have just been due to how things played out at a certain moment in time, with no grand strategy behind the decision.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:01 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Sucky in the late 70's had sprints and lms