Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:44 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: track conditions
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:26 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

The heats and B Main on Friday all featured alot of passing, the feature was crap, but wasn't a terrible night all things considered.

The track was fast on Saturday, there were 2 grooves for a lot of the feature (see Lucas Wolfe) and had anyone but Krietz been behind Pittman, I am sure he'd have started out on the top and raced his way to the bottom.

It's been said before, but had a Posse guy won, there'd have been no comments whatsoever on track conditions. When people don't like who wins, they tend to blame the track, or say the crowd wasn't good (not the case on Saturday) or blame the officials.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:21 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Bill Mc wrote:
Well then people who will continue to support a business that gives you poor service does a disservice to those who would like better service and should not complain about it.

You won't find me complaining. I obviously prefer better racing than poor racing, but I just don't see the point in complaining about it :dontknow:

2011: 21
2010: 28

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:17 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

DirtHawk wrote:
Bill Mc wrote:
Well then people who will continue to support a business that gives you poor service does a disservice to those who would like better service and should not complain about it.

You won't find me complaining. I obviously prefer better racing than poor racing, but I just don't see the point in complaining about it :dontknow:

I agree, I have seen good racing and bad racing at all three of the local Pa 410 tracks, it's a crap shoot with so many variables that you just never know what your going to get, I also agree that some tracks do a better job than others on a consistent basis, personally I go to Selinsgrove because I live about 2 miles from the track, and with the obvious exception of this past Saturday night, the racing has been pretty darn good, yes there has been a couple of freight trains but many have had battles for the lead, winners from somewhere besides the front row, and plenty of cars, now the 410 race this Sunday I expect to be a choo choo train based on the last 20 410 races I watched there, but I'm not sure that has anything to do with track prep or management not caring about the fans or putting in the work. Even though I don't expect a great race I'll end up supporting the track because when I hear the engines from my house it makes me crazy that I'm not there. If the race is lame I will not get on here or anywhere else and complain about it, especially because I'm pretty sure I already know it will be. The point is the same guys have been complaining about williamsgrove for years yet they keep going back? So to Bill Mc's point I agree to a point, if you hate it enough to complain on here stay home or go somewhere else, if enough fans do they will be forced to change or shut the doors.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:37 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I have had season reserve seats on the backstretch for 25 years now. I've attended a large majority of the Friday night shows since then and came for a few years before I got those seats. The racing is nothing like it used to be and I'm skipping more and more shows. This year it's been about as exiting as watching snow melt.

And ditto on the fireworks waste of time and money.