Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:50 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: Re: track conditions
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:46 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Glad I paid ten bucks and went to watch wingless sportsman at path vally instead

5 Williams Grove
3 Susky
6 Path Valley
1 Fremont OH.
2 Hagerstown
2 Grandview
1 Lernerville
1 Eldora
2 Selinsgrove

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:52 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

CH_88 wrote:
If they'd cancelled people would be b!tching about pinky cancelling with the sun shining and no rain all day. They obviously got on the track and sealed it prior to the rain so that a lot of the water would run off. If they hadn't, we probably wouldn't have seen a race at all and if by some miracle they were even able to get on it, it would've been heavy and narrow which still produces follow the leader racing. I just appreciate the fact that they ran. Still better than sitting at home.

Agreed. They were in a no-win situation, IMO.

I wonder if attendance was off due to it still raining Friday morning? I never would have expected to be at the track Friday night based on the forecast and rain on Thursday evening/Friday morning.

http://www.brentsmithphotography.com

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:23 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

to me its just typical outlaw racing i dont see the surprise or confusion. what i did see was some pretty great action on an unsealed track with just as much rain and for half the price :bdf:

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:30 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

BOO HOO the race didnt go the way i wanted so now im gonna ****** about it on a forum, whatever, yes the track conditions sucked, not sure how whining about it on here will change it, I know all you whiners would have had the track in perfect condition if you were on the track crew, lots of experts on the forums, I cant believe grove management dosnt refer to its forums for help with these situations, you guys would have known exactly what to do, right?

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:38 pm 
Racer
Racer

bkahn67 wrote:
BOO HOO the race didnt go the way i wanted so now im gonna ****** about it on a forum, whatever, yes the track conditions sucked, not sure how whining about it on here will change it, I know all you whiners would have had the track in perfect condition if you were on the track crew, lots of experts on the forums, I cant believe grove management dosnt refer to its forums for help with these situations, you guys would have known exactly what to do, right?

:thinking3: :notlistening: :chatterbox: :chillpill:

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:51 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

So how does everything look today? Worth the 2 hour drive?

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 8:50 pm 
Legend
Legend

I love this whole "Be glad you saw a race" mentality some of you fans have. Hate to tell you all who feel like this but you are the reason the track conditions suck and racing as a whole has gotten as bad as it has. If more people would voice their displeasure with crappy racing & crappy track surfaces maybe just maybe the tracks would start putting just a little more effort into their presentation. As of now they don't have to do diddly poo to please you guys because your just happy to see a race, and that's pretty sad.

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:12 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Bill Mc wrote:
I love this whole "Be glad you saw a race" mentality some of you fans have. Hate to tell you all who feel like this but you are the reason the track conditions suck and racing as a whole has gotten as bad as it has. If more people would voice their displeasure with crappy racing & crappy track surfaces maybe just maybe the tracks would start putting just a little more effort into their presentation. As of now they don't have to do diddly poo to please you guys because your just happy to see a race, and that's pretty sad.

So you're saying this complaining is productive? Because it isn't. So I'm guessing your next suggestion is to show your displeasure by not attending races at the track IN HOPES that they turn things around, but by making that decision you are also hoping the track can still generate enough revenue to remain a race track, because if you are thinking like that - it is reasonable to believe that others are as well.

2011: 21
2010: 28

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:33 am 
Legend
Legend

How else are customers supposed to let a business know they are giving us a poor product? If you go to a restaurant and the service is horrible are you just glad to eat there? No that would be insane. Yet race fans are happy to spend $35/$40 to see a race and not care how good or bad of a show they are given. That's insane and makes no sense.
I'm not saying to boycott any race track because most people will never be able to do it. But there has to be a way to let Williams Grove know that the fans are not just happy to see a race, we as fans want to see a good race on a good surface. If not on message boards and social media how else are fans supposed to send that message?
I love going to the races just as much as the next "Die Hard" race fan, but like BRR said there are more ways for me to spend $100+ in a weekend. I quit going to WOO shows because I thought the product they where presenting was not worth my $. Others feel the same way and go do other things. I spent over $300 yesterday in Baltimore with my family. That $ used to be spent on the WOO. If the track doesn't start giving the fans a better product more fans might start doing the same thing.

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:39 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I would agree with Bill. I stopped attending Williams Grove a couple years ago because I got tired of the boring racing due to track prep and the rule changes. I do not want to go there and watch a freight train. I can go to a rail yard and watch that all day for free. The days of guys starting mid pack and coming up through are pretty much over. With the cars all being equal and everybody running the same tires there just is not going to be a lot of passing.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:23 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Certainly not as advertised "greatest show on dirt". Not worth the money glad I stayed away and saved money Saturday. Folks on here say good to see a race. Racing should have passing at some point.watching cars follow each other in a circle for 30 laps winner from 1 to 2 rows a joke fans that show only when Woo comes and act like a holes can't wait for next week and things back to normal. Crappy shows all weekend. Time trials boring with that many cars. Heat racing little to no passing. The rest of the night the same Boring

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:52 am 
Rookie
Rookie

AppleCBD12 wrote:
I would agree with Bill. I stopped attending Williams Grove a couple years ago because I got tired of the boring racing due to track prep and the rule changes. I do not want to go there and watch a freight train. I can go to a rail yard and watch that all day for free. The days of guys starting mid pack and coming up through are pretty much over. With the cars all being equal and everybody running the same tires there just is not going to be a lot of passing.

I agree unless the Super Sportsman are there I don't go to any Friday shows any more either.

2014 Races
Lincoln 4
Susquehanna 2
Williamsgrove Fri 2
Williamsgrove Sat 15
Hagerstown 2
Big Diamond 1
Path Valley 4
Daytona duals

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 6:20 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Bill Mc wrote:
How else are customers supposed to let a business know they are giving us a poor product? If you go to a restaurant and the service is horrible are you just glad to eat there? No that would be insane. Yet race fans are happy to spend $35/$40 to see a race and not care how good or bad of a show they are given. That's insane and makes no sense.
I'm not saying to boycott any race track because most people will never be able to do it. But there has to be a way to let Williams Grove know that the fans are not just happy to see a race, we as fans want to see a good race on a good surface. If not on message boards and social media how else are fans supposed to send that message?
I love going to the races just as much as the next "Die Hard" race fan, but like BRR said there are more ways for me to spend $100+ in a weekend. I quit going to WOO shows because I thought the product they where presenting was not worth my $. Others feel the same way and go do other things. I spent over $300 yesterday in Baltimore with my family. That $ used to be spent on the WOO. If the track doesn't start giving the fans a better product more fans might start doing the same thing.

I just don't think not attending the track is the answer. Do I have a solution? No, but that's just my opinion.

2011: 21
2010: 28

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:28 am 
Legend
Legend

Well then people who will continue to support a business that gives you poor service does a disservice to those who would like better service and should not complain about it.

2014 race count

Williams Grove-6
Lincoln- 21
Trail Way -15
Port - 1

40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

I've only been to the Grove once last year and zero so far this year. My money goes to Port Royal. They show an effort so they get my money. Although, in this particular instance, the Grove HAD to pack the track to even get the race in Friday night. They had no other choice.