Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: HOW!!
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:10 pm 
Legend
Legend

Brent Leach wrote:
From my vantage point Saldana did not jump the start.

Why do people always run down the WoO when they destroy the PA cars and then turn the tables when PA cars are the winners? I like watching the best of the best come in and see how the locals stack up. Racing is a tough business and little incidents throughout the night can make or break the evening. I really doubt it is even possible to "rig" as race.

100% :clap:

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:26 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Dang. I'm still new around here, but there sure seems to be a ton of complaining about this weekend. If you're gonna crow when you kick the Outlaws butt, you gotta eat some humble pie when they kick yours. I love it when the Posse defends the home turf but on Friday for sure, they got it handed to them. Windshield/bug type of thing.

Lets get em back in July.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:19 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I thought Lance hesitated on that start like he was waiting to see where Krimes was gonna go. Meanwhile he left the top open for Saldana to drive around them both. It was questionable maybe but not blatant. I only say that because it would have probably been called back if it was PA car that had got a good start like that. However I wouldn't have called it back if I was the flagman. The green is out so to me that's just racing.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:26 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

To Mr. Leach:
I appreciate your view, and since I started this mess, I actually agree with your view. If the posse gets stomped, recognize it, and get them the next time....a great comment too. What I am reacting to is what I am perceiving as favoritism. It is kind of like playing WII baseball. When you get to a high level, the computer makes you drop fly balls which aggravates me. It gives the computer an advantage. Going back to racing, if Saldana's move was perfectly legit and if Buckwalter did in fact jump in NY, I will be glad to admit I was wrong and shut up. If there is favoritism, then let's speak up.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:33 pm 
Legend
Legend

hotrodney wrote:
I thought Lance hesitated on that start like he was waiting to see where Krimes was gonna go. Meanwhile he left the top open for Saldana to drive around them both. It was questionable maybe but not blatant. I only say that because it would have probably been called back if it was PA car that had got a good start like that. However I wouldn't have called it back if I was the flagman. The green is out so to me that's just racing.

Correct me if im wrong....i thought saldana drove between them, not around them?

2014 races : 42

Port Royal 17
Williams Grove 18
Lincoln. 3
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:55 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Brent's right....he split the middle. We just seem to disagree with how he went about it. We've seen many drivers over the years split the middle once the front row has gone and make it work. This one though I thought was clear — Saldana was on the gas before anyone else and was the first to the chalk.

Of course I've been wrong before....

Selinsgrove - 2
Lincoln - 2
Eldora - 1
Path Valley - 1
Grandview - 1

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:37 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45
bmd5229 wrote:
Agreed, I would be okay if they didn't ever come back. Our racing is good enough for me around here, jut add some more higher paying shows. Everyone says that PA needs the outlaws more than the outlaws need PA, but I find that hard to believe. Especially after last nights showing at OCFS. If not for pa cars, they have 15 total cars.

The Outlaws may say they don't need us, but the Outlaw Teams certainly do, lol... I was messing around on the internet the other day looking at different driver and team profiles and I got a huge kick out of the fact that I would say at least 80% of Outlaw team pit crews at some point lived in Central PA and grew up working for Central PA teams... Heck, look at KKR, I'm pretty sure unless your last name is Kahne you are from here, lol, TSR for that matter too... I think that is pretty awesome in itself...

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 1:41 am 
Legend
Legend

Have to agree with that Brent. You better bring your A game when you are racing against drivers that make a living doing it. That is how they put food on the table and pay their bills. They are not going to give you anything and I can't blame them. Walt Dyer said it a long time ago, give me a driver that makes his living racing because he's hungry.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:26 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

Generally speaking, although its impossible to "rig" a race down to every detail it is very possible to heavily influence the outcome of a race to the point of putting others at impossible odds. In fact its been happening for decades in various forms of motorsports through team orders to phantom debris and phantom calls. When you start bringing in big dollars and sponsorships it becomes more predominate.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 12:02 pm 
Legend
Legend

Th3Swami wrote:
Generally speaking, although its impossible to "rig" a race down to every detail it is very possible to heavily influence the outcome of a race to the point of putting others at impossible odds. In fact its been happening for decades in various forms of motorsports through team orders to phantom debris and phantom calls. When you start bringing in big dollars and sponsorships it becomes more predominate.

Maybe in some forms , but I don't think phantom cautions happen in sprint car and particularly WoO racing.

Port Royal 17
Williams Grove 18
Lincoln. 3
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:56 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I talked to someone last Friday who (let's just say) would know the solution. He told me that Saldana definitely jumped the start. In his words, it was a bad start which should have been called back. But, he also said that the outlaw officials had nothing to do with letting it go. It was our WG officials.

I think our officials do a good job. So, my theory of the outlaw officials manipulating the race appears to be wrong. Let's hope that our guys get a victory in July. Have a great day.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:23 pm 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Its Nose to Tail to the chalk line unless your an Outlaw, then you can split. Posse isnt nose to tail to the chalk line then its a false start.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:53 am 
Legend
Legend

That's not the rule Tig.
D.) All starts and restarts will take place at a consistent speed. Consistent speed
will be at the discretion of World of Outlaws STP Sprint Cars Series Officials.
Starts will take place within a designated area that will be identified at the driver’s
meeting. Any car out of line and/or passing before this point will bring out a caution
period and will be penalized two (2) positions on the ensuing restart. If an
offending car is located on the last row of the starting grid then that car is allowed
to restart but will be penalized 2 positions from its finishing position. If the same
car commits a second offense it shall be disqualified from that event. All front row
cars must choose their racing line coming out of turn three (3) and must maintain
that line until the start or restart occurs. Failure to do so will result in a two (2)
position penalty.
I think most tracks use the guideline that the following car needs one of it's wheels between the wheels of the car in front of it.Why follow a guy that drives to the fence before the chalk line when he gives you the middle?

Port Royal 17
Williams Grove 18
Lincoln. 3
Trailway 1
Path Valley 1
Grandveiw 1
Hagerstown 1