PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:48 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Enjoy...

http://youtu.be/neSyq0BIKe0

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:38 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Didn't make it down last night due to work this morning. It looks like the track was nice with a good cushion, the way everyone likes it, yet both features were won from the front row without a lead change. Not a heckuva a lot of passing behind either; handicapped l/u nonetheless. That leads me to believe the problem is the cars... too equal, too locked down and hard to pass. IDK if there is a solution to this. Maybe this is the future of sprint car racing.

That's actually the way it is in a lot of forms of racing. I used to go to a pavement track(Langley VA) back in the 90's. They raced stock cars, lined them up in order of TT's. A pass was a rare occurrence but the fans still enjoyed it and the stands were packed every week.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:46 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

No passing behind them?? Hodnett went 12-3, and made a bid for second.

Grove:13
Lincoln:6
Port:6
Path Valley: 1
Eldora:2

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:10 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

hotrodney wrote:
Didn't make it down last night due to work this morning. It looks like the track was nice with a good cushion, the way everyone likes it, yet both features were won from the front row without a lead change. Not a heckuva a lot of passing behind either; handicapped l/u nonetheless. That leads me to believe the problem is the cars... too equal, too locked down and hard to pass. IDK if there is a solution to this. Maybe this is the future of sprint car racing.

That's actually the way it is in a lot of forms of racing. I used to go to a pavement track(Langley VA) back in the 90's. They raced stock cars, lined them up in order of TT's. A pass was a rare occurrence but the fans still enjoyed it and the stands were packed every week.

Ahhhhhh, Zearfoss started 4 th in the 358 feature.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:56 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

When the winner tells you they are down to one engine and it's not running quite right, Lafferty blows up, not sure what happened to Montieth (engine?), Dietrich sounded flat for a couple of laps before he pulled in (might have been Lafferty we were hearing), Layton trashes a car big time (huge wreck), Little Esh blows up in the 358's, Barger's done for a while after Port last week, Mark Smith only runs 410's every now and then, Rodney Westhafer has gone thru two cars the last two times out, a couple of big time owners have called it quits over the past couple of years and I'm hearing a couple of guys only have one motor - alot of guys are racing on shoestrings and it appears to be getting worse.
I'm worried that we'll start seeing 20 410's (and a half dozen of them will be field fillers that will be two or three seconds off the leaders lap times) and 15 358's on a normal Friday night - alot of these guys are wearing stuff out.
The thing that really opened my eyes was that Trailways has been drawing what - less than 10 358's on Friday nights.
At the end of the day, the economy blows and there are only a very few owners with deep pockets anymore.
In my business everyone is doing more with less (equipment and people) and it doesn't seem to be getting much better.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:41 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

KWR wrote:
When the winner tells you they are down to one engine and it's not running quite right, Lafferty blows up, not sure what happened to Montieth (engine?), Dietrich sounded flat for a couple of laps before he pulled in (might have been Lafferty we were hearing), Layton trashes a car big time (huge wreck), Little Esh blows up in the 358's, Barger's done for a while after Port last week, Mark Smith only runs 410's every now and then, Rodney Westhafer has gone thru two cars the last two times out, a couple of big time owners have called it quits over the past couple of years and I'm hearing a couple of guys only have one motor - alot of guys are racing on shoestrings and it appears to be getting worse.
I'm worried that we'll start seeing 20 410's (and a half dozen of them will be field fillers that will be two or three seconds off the leaders lap times) and 15 358's on a normal Friday night - alot of these guys are wearing stuff out.
The thing that really opened my eyes was that Trailways has been drawing what - less than 10 358's on Friday nights.
At the end of the day, the economy blows and there are only a very few owners with deep pockets anymore.
In my business everyone is doing more with less (equipment and people) and it doesn't seem to be getting much better.

Actually Barger hopes to be back next week.

Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:00 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

Don't sweat the economy, I see a guy on TV giving speeches now and then and he says the economy is headed in the right direction so it must true. We will see 40 car fields very soon.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:34 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Mr. Port wrote:
hotrodney wrote:

Ahhhhhh, Zearfoss started 4 th in the 358 feature.

OK, I just saw that he led every lap so I assumed. :laughing7:

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:36 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

KWR wrote:

Come to selinsgrove, have had close to 30 cars every week , winners from as deep as 8th place, it aint perfect but the racing has been pretty **** good.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:39 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I thought the track was racey, and i seen some hard racing off of 4! Glad to see Chad walk away from that wicked front stretch crash.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:14 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

bkahn67 wrote:
KWR wrote:

Come to selinsgrove, have had close to 30 cars every week , winners from as deep as 8th place, it aint perfect but the racing has been pretty **** good.

Spoke to soon 13 tonight lol. Next 2 weeks should be 30 with URC and then ASCS

Williamsgrove - 15
Port Royal - 3
Path Valley - 1
Hagerstown - 1
McKean County - 1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:39 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Poor Chad. Hope he can get the monkey off his back. Not running good is one thing. Tearing up gear is another.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:07 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Shuey21 wrote:
bkahn67 wrote:
KWR wrote:

Spoke to soon 13 tonight lol. Next 2 weeks should be 30 with URC and then ASCS

**** your right, it was going so well and I had to jinx it, was still a **** good race, watching Mike Walter Jr was easily worth the price of admission.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:28 am 
Pit Member
Pit Member

longtimefan wrote:
Don't sweat the economy, I see a guy on TV giving speeches now and then and he says the economy is headed in the right direction so it must true. We will see 40 car fields very soon.

LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

hotrodney wrote:

I was at a track on Saturday night where I saw 8 heat races with a grand total of 1 pass for a lead that involved 3 different divisions (no sprint cars). Some of the heats saw 10 or 11 cars in the lineup. I'm truly not sure if its exactly the cars being "locked down". There was a ton of single file activity also. For a track that usually produces a pretty racy surface, the lack of passing was very noticeable & made the night very lackluster. :thinking:

"T-o-p-l-e-s-s.... TOPLESS!!"

"Take a nice cool drink..."

2014 Race Counter

Big Diamond - 1
Grandview - 6
Kutztown - 1
Lanco - 4
Lincoln - 1
Port Royal - 2
Reading Fairgrounds - 1
Shellhammers - 1
Williams Grove - 7