Williams Grove Speedway Forums

Welcome to Williams Grove Speedway Forums
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: USAC @ the Grove
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:39 am 
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

sprntlover wrote:
Mr. Port wrote:
I ll support the local racers Sat. nite at Lincoln.

Whenever you want me to change your username to Mr. Lincoln let me know :laughing7:

Not yet but thanks for the offer, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:00 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Personally I don't think wingless cars are well suited for half miles, especially one with long straights. I'd rather see them on a high-banked bullring. I believe the last non-wing race at the Grove was a CRA show a few years ago and it was a snoozer won from the front row without much passing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:46 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hotrodney wrote:
Personally I don't think wingless cars are well suited for half miles, especially one with long straights. I'd rather see them on a high-banked bullring. I believe the last non-wing race at the Grove was a CRA show a few years ago and it was a snoozer won from the front row without much passing.

The last windless Sprint show was SCRA (basically the same group as CRA) in 2002.

You should see them back it in at Terre Haute! It will take your breath away!

http://www.pbase.com/davidm2/
http://davidm.smugmug.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:16 pm 
Crew Member
Crew Member

hotrodney wrote:

Sounds like most Fri. nights at the Grove with the wings on.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:24 pm 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

hotrodney wrote:

Just for the track configuration itself, not considering the location or other aspects, USAC at Potomac or Winchester might make for some good shows.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:15 pm 
Pit Member
Pit Member

uncle geek wrote:
hotrodney wrote:

Sounds like most Fri. nights at the Grove with the wings on.

U G :thumbleft: :cheers2: :thumbright:

:silenced:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:07 am 
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

I've seen USAC on 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile they are good on both! The last time they were @ the Grove it was the SCRA, They didn't look to good untill the main, They got it figure out and were good. They are good at figure things out and making a good race out of whatever they race on!!!
P.S. They also have raced on the Indy mile for years( once a year ).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:48 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Wing or wingless.......who cares? Good racing is what we are looking for and right now only the wingless stuff is giving it to us because the race is back in the hands of the drivers. Wings.....not so much! Why worry about weather the sprinter has a wing or not as long as you get to see a great race. The SCRA put on a good show at the Grove and didn't have a great crowd but I think the crowd was better than they have been getting lately.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:40 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

racer33 wrote:
Wing or wingless.......who cares? Good racing is what we are looking for and right now only the wingless stuff is giving it to us because the race is back in the hands of the drivers. Wings.....not so much! Why worry about weather the sprinter has a wing or not as long as you get to see a great race. The SCRA put on a good show at the Grove and didn't have a great crowd but I think the crowd was better than they have been getting lately.

Last night was a pretty good one. :dontknow:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:14 am 
Rookie
Rookie

A sprint car without a wing is like a duck with chicken feet. :laughing7: NO THANKS.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:59 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Yeah......Like you know what you're talking about. Thank God that's just YOUR opinion so real race fans don't have to take it seriously............

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:41 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I am old enough to remember sprint cars without cages, heck when I was a kid sprint cars had wire wheels and no roll bars and a few were started by being pulled by a rope looped through the steering wheel. With that in mind you should know that I love sprint cars without wings. Don't get me wrong, winged sprint cars are better than no sprint cars but I will always prefer the traditional non-winged race car. Out in Indiana where they run for a lot less money on a weekly basis, they get 28 to 35 cars on a constant basis, many if not most run three nights a week. Why? They love racing more than we do? More Fun? Less cost? I have seen winged and non-winged sprint car racing on many of the same tracks and I just think non-winged is better! Again I will take any sprint car race over most other forms of racing, but if I have a choice I am going non-winged. Enjoy what ever you like, there is no wrong choice, only better choices!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:43 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I would love to see the Silver Crown Cars come to PA and run the big tracks. Williams Grove, Port Royal, and Selinsgrove. Heck throw in Bedford and Hagerstown too.

I heard through the grapevine that the Management at the Grove are not fans of wingless racing. Of course that is all hearsay so it might not even be true, but if it is the case then maybe they should go to some of the shows next year. I think it would change their minds :thumbright:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:12 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I really do not believe it will change their minds. They have it in their heads that they are the elite racetrack in the east and their ego has grown to new heights since they received "promoter of the year" for the past two seasons and for one have no idea how that happened. Must have been the huge crown for the National Open, but for whatever reason whether they deserved it or not they got it so it's a feather in their cap. Doubt you will see a wingless show their any time soon. For years it was sprints and late models at the Grove and it was always two great shows. Now the late models won't run for peanuts any more, they get the big bucks. We are pretty much stuck with what we got.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:36 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Grove had 2 great shows Friday night with the 410's and 360's with 62 total sprints. What do they need USAC for? None of the top 410 teams are gonna run wingless

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next