Inversion

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
felix12
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Inversion

Post by felix12 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:51 pm

This fan avoids as many TT shows as possible.

Scott Harro wrote:i know the race teams want to start heads up, no inversion etc. but this is a fan driven sport and if the fans aren't happy there won't be any races for the teams to start last or first in so something has to give. if the fastest guys start up front every week you might as well pull up a chair on third street in sunbury and watch the train go by.
Nothing beats the old points based handicapping system.
Draw and TT shows suck.

2015 Races
Lincoln 4
Susquehanna 2
Williamsgrove Fri 1
Williamsgrove Sat 9
Selinsgrove 2
Hagerstown :(
Big Diamond 1
Path Valley wingless 4
Path Valley 410 1
Port Royal 1 (Super Sportsman show)
Michigan International 1
Richmond International 1

EdC
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by EdC » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:28 pm

You guys need to read Bruce Ellis' column in this month's Sprint Car & Midget. In summary, it hasn't mattered what format was used, passing has been at a premium and winners haven't been coming from very far back. He even referred to our precious handicapping system, which is nothing more than a penalty for being successful, as "infamous."

Those "butts in the seats" who wanted parity now have it but they're finding the grass really isn't greener on the parity side of the street.

Ed

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:33 pm

EdC wrote:You guys need to read Bruce Ellis' column in this month's Sprint Car & Midget. In summary, it hasn't mattered what format was used, passing has been at a premium and winners haven't been coming from very far back. He even referred to our precious handicapping system, which is nothing more than a penalty for being successful, as "infamous."

Those "butts in the seats" who wanted parity now have it but they're finding the grass really isn't greener on the parity side of the street.

Ed
If you want more passing at Williams Grove, the solution would be to shorten the straights and add more banking to the turns, just sayin'.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

BigRightRear
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by BigRightRear » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:03 am

hotrodney wrote:
If you want more passing at Williams Grove, the solution would be to shorten the straights and add more banking to the turns, just sayin'.[/quote]

widen the racing surface...scrap the bridge...move the pits outside the track and the crowds will be back.
Home of the OUTLAW A$$WHIPPERS
Lincoln = 1845 ft. = .35 mile T3=124 MPH
Eldora = 2287 ft. = .43 mile T3=135 MPH
Port = 2716 ft. = .51 mile T3=TBD
Grove = 2792 ft. = .53 mile T3=135 MPH
Selinsgrove = 2847 ft. = .54 mile T1=136 MPH

2015: 43 Races
Grove: 17 / Lincoln: 13 / Port: 4 / Susky: 5 / Path Valley: 2 / Trailway: 1 /. ISMA @ Waterford New London: 1

DirtHawk

Post by DirtHawk » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:12 pm

The races I've been to these week (all of them) have been pretty darn good. :dontknow:

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:27 pm

BOTTOM LINE: Without fans in the stands there is no racing. Drivers and owners crying the blues about how a racing format is conducted is worthless. Make the evening as unpredictable as possible. This creates interest. I personally like time trials in warmups, two heats and the revenge draw. :thumbright:
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

zepplinrox
Legend
Legend

Post by zepplinrox » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:34 pm

DirtHawk wrote:The races I've been to these week (all of them) have been pretty darn good. :dontknow:
Thanks to Brian & Brady, the two races I've seen so far were great :bdf: !

Maybe we have too many teams capable of winning on any given night :!
"zepplinrox"- Brian

Susquehanna Speedway pictures are available for purchase at http://luckyshotphotography.net/
All other race photos on zepprox personal site- http://zepplinrox.smugmug.com

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:34 pm

The Mitch Smith memorial was actually the best of the 3 I attended. I wish that last caution wouldn't have came out. Kreitz was coming.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.