Westbrook Loses case against the Grove !!!

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
bezz
Rookie
Rookie

Westbrook Loses case against the Grove !!!

Post by bezz » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:29 pm

The jury took only 3hrs. to find the Grove not liable in this case !!!!!!!!!!!

Radius Rod
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Westbrook Loses case against the Grove !!!

Post by Radius Rod » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:51 am

bezz wrote:The jury took only 3hrs. to find the Grove not liable in this case !!!!!!!!!!!
Don't cut the celebration cake yet,

"We're disappointed, obviously, by the verdict," Inscho said. "We'll evaluate the legal rulings to determine whether post-trial motions and appeal to Superior Court are warranted."

There seeking between 7.6 and 27 million dollars. This one is going to take years and cost thousands. If it gets to the point where a judge makes the decision he will rule against the incomplete waiver............
Lower the price of the chicken strip combo!

Rookie
Rookie

Post by 3799 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 pm

Westbrook's comments on his Facebook page (JS Westy) are very interesting.

Today is a sad day for drivers in Motorsports. I always believed tracks provided us insurance in the event we were injured and that they owed us a duty to provide safe conditions.

This verdict proves me wrong. Instead, Williams Grove has claimed they owe drivers, pit crews and fans, as well as track employees, nothing when it comes to safety and certainly no insurance if injured.

I am disappointed that the jury was not able to know that Williams Grove both had insurance and that their rules promised that insurance would be available.

Drivers and their families, who will be called upon to take care of them in case of major injury, need to be warned that and need to understand that they will. Be left without assistance.

The harsh words and name-calling of a few fans has taken it's toll on my wanting to participate in racing.

What was once an outlet from all of the struggles at home looks to not be an option.

Thank you to those who have supported me.

Thankyou to all my friends and family who support me.

BlueOnBlack21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueOnBlack21 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:48 pm

So does the grove have insurance or not? Seems to me if they do have insurance, and did have insurance at the time of the accident, then john needs to be sueing the insurance company...not the grove!!

Either way, its sad to see the grove losing yet another car :ahhh:

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:42 am

3799 wrote:Westbrook's comments on his Facebook page (JS Westy) are very interesting.

Today is a sad day for drivers in Motorsports. I always believed tracks provided us insurance in the event we were injured and that they owed us a duty to provide safe conditions.

This verdict proves me wrong. Instead, Williams Grove has claimed they owe drivers, pit crews and fans, as well as track employees, nothing when it comes to safety and certainly no insurance if injured.

I am disappointed that the jury was not able to know that Williams Grove both had insurance and that their rules promised that insurance would be available.

Drivers and their families, who will be called upon to take care of them in case of major injury, need to be warned that and need to understand that they will. Be left without assistance.

The harsh words and name-calling of a few fans has taken it's toll on my wanting to participate in racing.

What was once an outlet from all of the struggles at home looks to not be an option.

Thank you to those who have supported me.

Thankyou to all my friends and family who support me.
I feel bad for him certainly, but lets be honest -- we have been in the pit area at sometime. Reading the waiver points out you can expect to be mostly alone. Drivers are compensated in small ways by the track. But it is not meant to be the primary insurance. There are companies that offer insurance policies for race car drivers, that are paid for by the driver them self. If track were liable for the injuries that take place on track then racing could not afford to be a sport. It is a dangerous hobby, that was is why people respect these drivers so much. Sprint cars are at the very top in terms of danger, I'm sure he knew that when strapping into the car. He can expect the harsh words, he is attacking and attempting to do irreparable damage to the sport. I am very happy that the jury ruled the way they did, and I'm in hopes that this is in the rear view mirror for good.