Why did 5G use Hodnett's #27 Wing?

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
rahmer_nation_fan
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Why did 5G use Hodnett's #27 Wing?

Post by rahmer_nation_fan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:06 am

When Leppo ran the 21 for the same reason earlier this year for pretty much the same reason, everyone thought it was the greatest thing in the world. I understand Leppo was in the 21 and all, but its a wing for crying out loud, I think I would take my chance damaging a $500 wing over wrecking a $65,000 race car. Lets not forget Heffner does sponsor the 5G. All they are trying to do is help their chance to win the owners championship.
2016 Race Count-24
Williams Grove-8
Lincoln-11
Susquehanna-2
Port Royal-3

2015: 70 races
2014: 63 races

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:23 am

rahmer_nation_fan wrote:When Leppo ran the 21 for the same reason earlier this year for pretty much the same reason, everyone thought it was the greatest thing in the world. I understand Leppo was in the 21 and all, but its a wing for crying out loud, I think I would take my chance damaging a $500 wing over wrecking a $65,000 race car. Lets not forget Heffner does sponsor the 5G. All they are trying to do is help their chance to win the owners championship.
Comparing Leppo's car to Michael's car is apples and oranges. One was an actual car owned by the team, the other was just a top wing swap. If I was an owner, and was allowed to do it, I would also just swap out wings and collect the owners points too. Like you said, it makes the most sense financially. That's not the point though. People (including me) are questioning the rule more than actual act. If the loophole exists, you cant be mad at people for taking advantage.

BlueOnBlack21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueOnBlack21 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:10 am

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :signs042:

sprntlover
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sprntlover » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:17 am

I agree, the question was answered by someone who knew so let it go
Editing Is A Rewording Activity

poolguy
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by poolguy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:34 pm

:jiggy: :hahaha:

Going to be a nice change of scenery at Lincoln this weedend with the midgets coming in.
They are going to be smokin good. :dhsmiley:

:cowboysmoke:

cjettmail
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by cjettmail » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:11 pm

The grove pays two points funds, ( driver, owner pts.). I think things are OK the we do it. Yes it's the biggest race of the year, Why should we have no place to go back here ?? Why hurt the low $$$$ teams here. There not going to Knoxville. There is nothing wrong with other cars running under someone else number. $ 10,000.00 is good points money for an owner & driver. I think the Grove pays the most money for track points. The only thing that would be better was if we had a USAC speedweek the week of Knoxville.