Williams Grove 2015 Schedule ????

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
Stroker McGurk
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Williams Grove 2015 Schedule ????

Post by Stroker McGurk » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:15 pm

In reference to one of the above post Sprint Cup cars are not the fastest cars in NASCAR. The modifieds are. thats why Nascar's publicity guru's all but ingnore them. When they do bring the modifieds to a track where Sprint Cup cars run they restrict the engines so much that it takes away much of the modifieds power. Watch any race at New Hampshire and it is 100 times better than the Sprint Cup race.
All you have to do is beat them to the wall.

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:28 pm

NASCAR Mods have been the red headed step child for a long time. The best racing gets the least amount of coverage.
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

wolfie2985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wolfie2985 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:03 am

Random gibberish:
High engine costs have been the subject of great debate for the last 30 years - and probably the 30 years before that, and for 30 years into the future.
Not saying that engines and costs aren't excessive, just saying.

One owner that I know said that it cost him about a grand a night to run the Port. That's just the expenses for the night - fuel for the truck, fuel for the race car, tires, pit passes, etc - no equipment costs factored in - no broken stuff, no crashes, no motor costs.

Racing has been, and always will be, a sport for those who have lots of disposable income and the number of people with lots of disposable income is diminishing.

Having said that, and having witnessed the debate for 30+ years, I think sprint car racing is still alive and well - especially under the circumstances. Could it be better? - yep. Could there be more cars? - yep.

The economics likely affect the "support classes" more than the headliners. 10 years ago there was a hobby stock on every block in my little town, now there are no cars and subsequently no place to run one if you had one.

Mr. Port

Post by Mr. Port » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:53 am

I was happy with the 21 car 358 field last night, hoping the Grove keeps them on the schedule next season. Great racing in both divisions.

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:49 am

I was talking with someone at Lincoln about this, I think even if they ran 8-10 SLM races over the course of the season it would be a great thing. I think they would get a lot of cars since the drivers wouldn't have to commit to a huge schedule. I think they would get a very nice field of cars with some good drivers in the mix.

I will say the 358 race the day of the Topless 30 was pretty exciting, although they tore up a couple of cars the racing was pretty good too.

pajamie
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by pajamie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:43 pm

8-10 races wouldn't be bad.. Guys I talked to said they would most likely race there on Friday nights.. BUT.. the payout has to come up.. That's what is hurting the few Friday night shows they have had for the late models..

ironboss
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ironboss » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Super Late Models would be a great thing for the Grove. However, a couple things need to be done to make it work. First, they need to be treated and promoted as the co-headlining class. They can not play second fiddle to the sprint cars! One week run the Sprint Cars first, next week run the Late Models first. Next, the purse needs to be exactly the same and no less than what the Sprint Cars pay. That could be tough to do in the beginning but that is the only way drivers and fans will respect and buy into the program. The track will also need to have some bigger paying sanctioned races with WOO or Lucas Oil during the year to get the track back on the national radar. Lastly, the track needs to do PR and advertise for both classes equally. I can remember many races in the past where the results of the Super Late Models were not mentioned or even put in the race recaps! Like they were not part of the show!

I really hope the Grove adds the Super Late Models next year...it would make for some great Friday nights!

ohdh
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by ohdh » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:37 pm

ironboss wrote:Super Late Models would be a great thing for the Grove. However, a couple things need to be done to make it work. First, they need to be treated and promoted as the co-headlining class. They can not play second fiddle to the sprint cars! One week run the Sprint Cars first, next week run the Late Models first. Next, the purse needs to be exactly the same and no less than what the Sprint Cars pay. That could be tough to do in the beginning but that is the only way drivers and fans will respect and buy into the program. The track will also need to have some bigger paying sanctioned races with WOO or Lucas Oil during the year to get the track back on the national radar. Lastly, the track needs to do PR and advertise for both classes equally. I can remember many races in the past where the results of the Super Late Models were not mentioned or even put in the race recaps! Like they were not part of the show!

I really hope the Grove adds the Super Late Models next year...it would make for some great Friday nights!

I personally don't see this happening, really don't want to lose the 358 division or any other winged Friday night division next year.

My personal favorite would be 410's weekly with rotating shows of 305's and 360's with Super Sportsman maybe once a month.

If you want any of this to happen, the first thing that would be REQUIRED would be to get rid of Bruce Ellis and bring in another announcer that understands there are more race cars than 410 winged sprint cars.
Dirt's for racing, asphalt's for gettin' there!

speedyracer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by speedyracer » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:15 am

Despite what everyone thinks, they told the 358's they will be back next year. The schedule isn't finalized yet but expect something close to what this years was.
BUBBA on Howard 101

pajamie
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by pajamie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:27 am

Good!!

Mr. Port

Post by Mr. Port » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:45 am

speedyracer wrote:Despite what everyone thinks, they told the 358's they will be back next year. The schedule isn't finalized yet but expect something close to what this years was.
Great to hear that the 358 s will be back.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:23 pm

ironboss wrote:Super Late Models would be a great thing for the Grove. However, a couple things need to be done to make it work. First, they need to be treated and promoted as the co-headlining class. They can not play second fiddle to the sprint cars! One week run the Sprint Cars first, next week run the Late Models first. Next, the purse needs to be exactly the same and no less than what the Sprint Cars pay. That could be tough to do in the beginning but that is the only way drivers and fans will respect and buy into the program. The track will also need to have some bigger paying sanctioned races with WOO or Lucas Oil during the year to get the track back on the national radar. Lastly, the track needs to do PR and advertise for both classes equally. I can remember many races in the past where the results of the Super Late Models were not mentioned or even put in the race recaps! Like they were not part of the show!

Funny stuff! :cwm4:
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

mudclods
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by mudclods » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:34 pm

Williams Grove ‏@WilliamsGrove · 4m
We are happy to announce that 358 sprints will be continuing on our Friday program in 2015! No rule changes in 2015 pic.twitter.com/ViLzoPH56T