Williams Grove 2015 Schedule ????

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Williams Grove 2015 Schedule ????

Post by wentworth09w » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:29 pm

There certainly is a market.

A lot of the Hagerstown regulars are not racing anywhere on Friday on a regular basis. Not to mention all of the Port and Selinsgrove cars that are sitting idle every Friday. I think it would be the killing blow for both Potomac and Bedford in terms of weekly SLM racing. Both tracks are low teens and the lost of four or five weekly cars each would put them under ten a piece.

I would expect a few travelers to run at WG on a Semi regular basis

Rine, Covert, Jackson, Garlock, Frye, Kann, etc. on top of many drivers who would likely race for points there. On weeks Potomac was not running add Moreland, Lathroum, and possibly Spence.

cjettmail
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by cjettmail » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:31 pm

I don't mind the SLM once a year but not every week, Something needs to change. Low car count for 358's, low ARDC ( their not so good at the Grove). 360's low car count. Maybe super sportsman ??
The Grove is a Sprint car track, That needs to stay the same !!

bmotb
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by bmotb » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:37 pm

Hey Dillsburg racer, how about we finish this season, then we will look at 2015! Thanks!
** SILVER SPRING SPEEDWAY **
** GREAT MEMORIES FOREVER !!! **

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:09 pm

cjettmail wrote:I don't mind the SLM once a year but not every week, Something needs to change. Low car count for 358's, low ARDC ( their not so good at the Grove). 360's low car count. Maybe super sportsman ??
The Super Sportsman are part of the Saturday program, which by the looks of the crowds and car counts is quite successful and should not be bothered with.

Just because you are a sprint car fan does not mean that those are the only types of cars allowed at the track. Super Late Models make more sense than any other division (including 358's and 360's) for Friday's are Williams Grove. Lets be honest, nobody goes to the Grove to see the 358's, and nobody is going to stay away because there are no 358's. I know for a fact however that I don't go to the Grove on Friday (EVER) because they don't race Late Models, and I also know there are many people like me. If they ran 410s and SLMs they would get fans from both types of racing. If they get good fields of SLM I could see their fan count going up by 25% or more.

Thanks,
Jeff.

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:36 pm

How does anyone know that if they add the super sportsman to the card on Fridays, the crowds wouldn't increase Fridays, which we all know, wouldn't hurt at all.
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

Bill Mc
Legend
Legend

Post by Bill Mc » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:39 pm

wentworth09w wrote:
cjettmail wrote:I don't mind the SLM once a year but not every week, Something needs to change. Low car count for 358's, low ARDC ( their not so good at the Grove). 360's low car count. Maybe super sportsman ??
The Super Sportsman are part of the Saturday program, which by the looks of the crowds and car counts is quite successful and should not be bothered with.

Just because you are a sprint car fan does not mean that those are the only types of cars allowed at the track. Super Late Models make more sense than any other division (including 358's and 360's) for Friday's are Williams Grove. Lets be honest, nobody goes to the Grove to see the 358's, and nobody is going to stay away because there are no 358's. I know for a fact however that I don't go to the Grove on Friday (EVER) because they don't race Late Models, and I also know there are many people like me. If they ran 410s and SLMs they would get fans from both types of racing. If they get good fields of SLM I could see their fan count going up by 25% or more.

Thanks,
Jeff.
Jeff I only go to the Grove when 358s are there .
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com
Central PA Racing Scene - http://www.centralparacingscene.com
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014
40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

jonboat15
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by jonboat15 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:40 pm

I for one very much enjoy 358s at the grove. Sometimes their races are better than the 410 races. Have you ever watched 358s race at the grove? :thinking:

cjettmail
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by cjettmail » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:13 pm

I like watching the 358's . I just wish the car count would pick up. I don't see to many people leave after the 410's, So their must be a lot of people like the 358's.

Tig88
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by Tig88 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:12 pm

jonboat15 wrote:I for one very much enjoy 358s at the grove. Sometimes their races are better than the 410 races. Have you ever watched 358s race at the grove? :thinking:
I agree, they have some good races. However since its not OUTLAW approved, people stick their nose up at them.
I use to like Oreo Cookies and Chocolate milk.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:14 pm

bmd5229 wrote:How does anyone know that if they add the super sportsman to the card on Fridays, the crowds wouldn't increase Fridays, which we all know, wouldn't hurt at all.
The super sportsmen have a faithful following. Adding them on Friday would certainly increase the crowds. Personally I prefer the 358's over the sportsmen but facing reality, 358's are hurting for cars while sportsmen are still drawing 30 strong. I think SLM's would bring less cars than the 358's are if they tried making them a weekly division. Too many LM tracks already.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

HotRodBob
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by HotRodBob » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:07 am

I go to the Grove to watch 358 sprint cars! :yessss:

Mr. Port

Post by Mr. Port » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:22 am

hotrodney wrote:
bmd5229 wrote:How does anyone know that if they add the super sportsman to the card on Fridays, the crowds wouldn't increase Fridays, which we all know, wouldn't hurt at all.
The super sportsmen have a faithful following. Adding them on Friday would certainly increase the crowds. Personally I prefer the 358's over the sportsmen but facing reality, 358's are hurting for cars while sportsmen are still drawing 30 strong. I think SLM's would bring less cars than the 358's are if they tried making them a weekly division. Too many LM tracks already.
Exactly, L.M.s race at Bedford, Clinton County, and Potomic on Fridays once the season gets going. Some 358 L.M.s could show up at the Grove to bolster the counts.

I like the 358 Sprints cause the features are Handicapped which makes for great racing and never miss those shows.

pajamie
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by pajamie » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:29 am

hotrodney wrote:

Not on Friday nights there isn't.. Only 1 and they pretty much ran everyone off with there awesome track prep.. YES.. its been better the last few weeks.. But still.. They had 10 cars show up last week.. And lets not forget.. Williams Grove ran supers every Friday night back in the 70-80's.. They pay a decent purse and cars will come.. That's why the car count has dropped over the last few years..

Allen Reed
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Allen Reed » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:22 pm

wentworth09w wrote:

Thanks,
Jeff.
Wentworth09,

We all get it !!! Your a late model and modified fan. Good for you. WG is fine with their lineup as is.
Are you looking to put the other Friday night late model tracks out of business by have their cars leave for the grove ? Wouldn't it just be easier for you to go to a track that runs the late models on Fridays and have an awesome night of viewing pleasure ?

**** near all your posts are about dumping a sprint class and getting LM's or Modifieds at the Grove, Lincoln, Port , etc.

And I'll save you the time and effort................ YES, it's America, YES you can voice your Opinion, YES I can disagree with it.

I'll make a small friendly wager with you..... Your "sources" that say the late models are in and 358's out are wrong. Next year will be business as usual for the 358's at the grove. You heard it here first :thumbleft:

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:33 pm

pajamie wrote:
hotrodney wrote:

Not on Friday nights there isn't.. Only 1 and they pretty much ran everyone off with there awesome track prep.. YES.. its been better the last few weeks.. But still.. They had 10 cars show up last week.. And lets not forget.. Williams Grove ran supers every Friday night back in the 70-80's.. They pay a decent purse and cars will come.. That's why the car count has dropped over the last few years..
They'd have to pay a much better purse than they do for 358's, what is it $800 or $1000 to win? I think most SLM tracks pay $1500 and up. Will the Grove pay that? Doubtful. Lets not forget how much the Grove fans support LM's. I remember when they had the STARS which were one of the best LM touring series at the time. They'd draw 45-50 cars and some of the biggest names in the sport, yet the place was a ghost town after the sprint feature. Remember the Appalachian speedweek races?... No longer. Remember when that guy leased the track for a big, sanctioned LM race (Lucas Oil I think), whichever group was sponsored by Monster energy drink at the time- estimated 200 fans. Don't get me wrong. I love LM's, even the LLM's. If the Grove is searching for a support division for regular shows, it's probably just best to alternate divisions based in their schedules- some 358/360/305 shows, some super sportsmen, some midgets, some SLM's and some LLM's, modifieds, etc. I still think the super sportsmen are the way to go though with their large local support and good car counts. I never understood why the Grove needs to run Fri and Sat. No other track does that anywhere that I know of. We have so many Sat night tracks to begin with, plus they can't be making much money since they had to reduce admission to $5 to get fans. I know people that have season passes that go elsewhere on Saturday night.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.