Jack Gunn Memorial Down Under 410 Sprints format

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
luvracing
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Re: Jack Gunn Memorial Down Under 410 Sprints format

Post by luvracing » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:02 am

Did not see much of a difference. More confusion as to how to know where drivers will start. Did not think it added much more passing or excitement. So we tried hope not again. Passing in any format seems to be a lost art on this bigger track. Win from the pole continues.

racer33
Rookie
Rookie

Post by racer33 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:18 pm

The problem with this format is that you need almost a 40 car field to make it work correctly. Not near enough cars to make the point thing work. I was really looking forward to it and I'm a hearty Lucas fan but other than Lucas winning the format was a big disappointment.

cjettmail
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by cjettmail » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:00 pm

I don't think they did it the right way, The heat races should have stayed the same but the 2nd round should have been inverted, The 1st should have been strait up. I'am not a fan of TT giving more points then the heats. Heats are more Important then TT. It works good @ Selinsgrove when they do it. Yes they needed more cars also. Don't know where all the cars were??

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:42 am

Cant fault them for trying something different and new. It sounds like it was an experiment in which they found the results, which is fan feedback, or driver feedback.
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP