Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
prodirtcar32
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

358 Late Models going Topless at the WG Friday-$2,000 to win

Post by prodirtcar32 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:56 am

For Immediate Release
    September 1, 2014

358 Late Models take the tops off Friday Night at Williams Grove Speedway in a $2,000 / $200 to start Showdown.

This Friday night September 5th, Williams Grove Speedway plays host to the Topless 30 for 358 Late Models. Using the Appalachian Mountain Speedweek format the 358 late models without their roofs headline the show that will see 1 lap time trials, heats & B-mains set the stage for the 30 lap topless feature that will pay $2,000 to win plus lap money. The race will pay a min of $200 to take the green.

The race will feature an Open Tire Rule (No UMP Tires)... All other Williams Grove Speedway 358 Late Model rules & Specifications apply. Susquehanna Speedway engine rules are legal for this race ** All Late Models will be pitted in the front stretch pits**

A lot of hard work by Ken Riland, Dan Little & Larry Baer went into making this annual one of a kind event possible. Also on the card are the 358 Sprint Cars & a Super Sportsman Make-up Feature. General Admission is only $14 with Student & Seniors reduced to $8. As always kids under 12 are free at Williams Grove. Come see the areas best 358 teams battle for the big money.

Additional Awards:
    **The Miller's Racing Parts Fast Time award will add an additional $300 to the driver who lays down the quickest lap.
    ** Lap Money
    ** Cash Hard Charger Award (Additional Information to follow)
    ** Cash award for "Bad *** Move of the Race" Presented by Fusion D Graphics
    ** The Winner receives a Guaranteed Starting Spot in the Friday October 10th, "Blue Collar Classic Limited Late Model Challenge" at Port Royal Speedway. Presented by Port Royal Speedway
    Last edited by prodirtcar32 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

hotrodney
    Hall of Famer
    Hall of Famer

Re: 358 Late Models going Topless at the WG Friday-$2,000 to

Post by hotrodney » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:38 pm

So what is the point of LM's going topless? I've never quite understood this. :thinking:
    Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

bmd5229
    Pit Member
    Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:04 pm

I do believe it changes the downforce??
    "Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

wentworth09w
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:45 am

Ah, Late Model haters.

Tonight will be one of the only Friday nights I'll be at WG all season. Topless late models are more of a novelty than anything. There isn't much to compare it to in the Sprint Car world because taking the wings off a Sprint Car makes it an entirely different car. With the Late Model it does not have a very big effect, just cool to look at. They will have a real good field of them I suspect with rain in the forecast for tomorrow, and just Potomac and Path Valley running against them. I expect 35-40 LLM. The always exciting Super Sportsman should be fun to watch too. My favorite Sprint Car division.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

sprntlover
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Post by sprntlover » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:47 pm

Racing is still on tonight people. If you post that the races are cancelled when they aren't you will be gone.........no warnings!!
    Editing Is A Rewording Activity