All Stars against the National Open, Renegades against KK

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
Raz59
Rookie
Rookie

All Stars against the National Open, Renegades against KK

Post by Raz59 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:39 am

I would hope that the All Star sprints will be gone from the Grove forever!!!

Along with the other issues that have been very well documented, now they book a show against the biggest race in the east all year. It shows that the sprint car sanctioning bodies and track have no interest in doing what's best for the fans or drivers. I know that more then one of the All-Stars were planning on coming in to race the National Open.

I understand its business and you must look out for numero uno, but the fans are the ones who take the bigest hit on this one. Always enjoyed having Blaney, Haud and others from Ohio show up for this show.

Now, the new Rengade series books a show at PPMS against the KK race at Lincoln. Again, shows that the sanctioning bodies are not working with tracks. I know the Renegade series might not be planning on coming this far east anytime soon, but if they were, i hope Lincoln doesn't schedule them.

My question is, Why does this happen? Am i totally off base in thinking that this is wrong? Am i being stingy in thinking that these guys would be better off not scheduling shows against these big paying races?

This is one of those things that i just can't figure out. And, its not like these races were scheduled from the begining. They just added them with only weeks before the race.

Makes zero sence to me.
Go Pack!!!!!

mfletch91
Rookie
Rookie

Re: All Stars against the National Open, Renegades against K

Post by mfletch91 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:05 pm

The All Stars have, periodically, had their final race of the year fall on the same weekend as the National Open. The All Stars would be at Eldora, normally on the Saturday of the Open. Have to remember that there aren't that many race dates available for the rest of the year where weather doesn't become an issue. It stinks, but there will be 60 other cars there that won't miss Blaney or Haud.

As far as the Renegades against the Kasey Kahne race, what's the big deal there? The car count at the KK won't be hurt at all, except for maybe Holtgraver. Maybe this race will give some of those guys from Port a place to race that probably wouldn't have gone to the KK race anyway.

kossuth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kossuth » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:34 pm

There isn't anything to worry about really. Like the previous poster eluded to. If the money is there folks will come to race. 20,000 isn't chump change to these folks. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lincoln packed with both fans and cars.

cjettmail
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by cjettmail » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:34 pm

The Grove & Lincoln won't have any problem with fans or cars count.