Concession stands

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: Concession stands

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:42 am

Football season = small crowds. Pizza is ordered in. Probably didn't want to chance an order that would be thrown out. It might be cheaper the more pies you make. That's my guess! Selinsgrove has good fresh made pizza.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

BlueOnBlack21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueOnBlack21 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:15 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:Football season = small crowds. Pizza is ordered in. Probably didn't want to chance an order that would be thrown out. It might be cheaper the more pies you make. That's my guess! Selinsgrove has good fresh made pizza.

Pretty sure all the pizza is made in the infield...

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:22 pm

BlueOnBlack21 wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:Football season = small crowds. Pizza is ordered in. Probably didn't want to chance an order that would be thrown out. It might be cheaper the more pies you make. That's my guess! Selinsgrove has good fresh made pizza.

Pretty sure all the pizza is made in the infield...
May be???

They are in Domino s Boxes.I think when I get a piece it's taken out of a box, not an oven.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

KWR
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by KWR » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:44 am

The Grove makes their pizza on site.
They do box it at the stand and pull it from the box I believe.

I haven't been in the concession line at Susky for a while but they were getting pizza from somewhere (Rock-it?) and pulling it out of a box when you ordered it.
I remember them announcing that they were selling whole pizzas for discounted prices at the end of the night.

SLINKMASTERC
Racer
Racer

Post by SLINKMASTERC » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:52 pm

KWR wrote:The Grove makes their pizza on site.

I haven't been in the concession line at Susky for a while but they were getting pizza from somewhere (Rock-it?) and pulling it out of a box when you ordered it.
I remember them announcing that they were selling whole pizzas for discounted prices at the end of the night.
I know a guy who bought one of those at the end of the night. he was told it was a whole pie. Got back to his seat and 3 slices where missing. :cwm4: :cwm4:
Racecar spelled backwards spells Racecar

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:20 am

SLINKMASTERC wrote:
KWR wrote:The Grove makes their pizza on site.

I know a guy who bought one of those at the end of the night. he was told it was a whole pie. Got back to his seat and 3 slices where missing. :cwm4: :cwm4:
I remember that too. It got a good laugh from many. :cwm4:
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1