Super Late Models on Friday nights

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
Big Ben 7
Rookie
Rookie

Super Late Models on Friday nights

Post by Big Ben 7 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:53 pm

If the Grove ran Supers on Friday nights what drivers would attend and be regulars?

Sprintcars100
Pit Member
Pit Member

Re: Super Late Models on Friday nights

Post by Sprintcars100 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:11 pm

358s are returning according to there Facebook page
2015 races:
5 Lincoln
2 Hagerstown
5 Williamsgrove
11 Port Royal
14 Path Valley
1 Selinsgrove
1 Susky
1 New Eygpt
1 Kutztown Action Track USA
1 Uttica Rome
1 Kokomo In.
1 Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
1 Gas City I 69 In.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:26 pm

He's talking about Fridays and I think it's a hypothetical question.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

Big Ben 7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Big Ben 7 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Thanks Hot Rod. Purely hypothetical just to see what teams may show up on Fridays as regulars.

Maybe if the Grove "brass" sees a nice list of drivers they may consider adding the Supers to the Friday night card?

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:03 pm

I'd say you would get a nice mix between Port and Selinsgrove regs. Yoders, Rine, Hollenbeck, Frye, Lupfer, Bernheisels off and on, Andy Haus just to name some.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:46 pm

Wouldn't be surprised to see Covert run there instead of Potomac when not running Three State Flyers. You would pull a bunch of cars, and probably kill SLM racing at Bedford. Justin Kann would probably run quite a few also. How many LLM drivers would move up? Knaub? Jones?

Thanks,
Jeff.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:05 pm

wentworth09w wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see Covert run there instead of Potomac when not running Three State Flyers. You would pull a bunch of cars, and probably kill SLM racing at Bedford. Justin Kann would probably run quite a few also. How many LLM drivers would move up? Knaub? Jones?

Thanks,
Jeff.
Knaub owns (or runs?) the old 43A equipment so I think he might be a reg. I think he's run at Bedford most of the season and Selinsgrove for the second half of the season. Rine has a Bedford ride(92) and doesn't do well at WG, or any track where you have to back off the throttle much. I was thinking more of local drivers like Frye, Bard, Bernheisels, Covert, Beard. I'm completely guessing based on location. I think some of the LLM teams that can afford(or already have) a big motor would move up. I don't think WG would draw a large field of SLM's if they ran Friday's but they'd probably get some good ones. They'd have to pay a SLM purse though(at least $1500 to win) and not a 358 purse. We know that isn't gonna happen.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:37 am

hotrodney wrote:
wentworth09w wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see Covert run there instead of Potomac when not running Three State Flyers. You would pull a bunch of cars, and probably kill SLM racing at Bedford. Justin Kann would probably run quite a few also. How many LLM drivers would move up? Knaub? Jones?

Thanks,
Jeff.
Knaub owns (or runs?) the old 43A equipment so I think he might be a reg. I think he's run at Bedford most of the season and Selinsgrove for the second half of the season. Rine has a Bedford ride(92) and doesn't do well at WG, or any track where you have to back off the throttle much. I was thinking more of local drivers like Frye, Bard, Bernheisels, Covert, Beard. I'm completely guessing based on location. I think some of the LLM teams that can afford(or already have) a big motor would move up. I don't think WG would draw a large field of SLM's if they ran Friday's but they'd probably get some good ones. They'd have to pay a SLM purse though(at least $1500 to win) and not a 358 purse. We know that isn't gonna happen.
Knaub runs the 43a, Klinedinst son decided to keep the team going after his dad retired.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

Big Ben 7
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Big Ben 7 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Bedford has been on the decline with car count the last couple of years anyway. I'm sure if the Grove would have a decent payout you would def see Kann, Altobelli, Garlock, Hollenback. Maybe even see Rine in his own car.
Point being you would most likely see a full field of a lot of good cars every Friday night to go along with the 410's.

In my book, that a great night of racing.