Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: Pit passes Fri. & Sat.

Post by harddrive » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:31 am

:thinking: ..... GA 30 (F) 35 (S)

.... so maybe pit @ 35 (F) 40 (S)

not arm/leg ..... not everyone has been to Lernerville :poking:
Proud Member of Sprntlover's Babysitting Service
Pa Posse Says Race or Shut Your Pie Hole!
Work hard & become a leader. Be lazy & end up a slave.
I Challenge anyone to give an example of a program that the government has managed efficiently and/or cheaper than the private sector. Please no enactments, laws or statutes.

DMess_VVF
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DMess_VVF » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:26 pm

$40 on Friday, not too sure about Saturday?

SK-11
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by SK-11 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:43 pm

I finally got in touch with the track Fri. 40 - Sat. 45 the insurance coverage doesn't go up from a reg. fri. but the price to get into the pits sure does!!!!!!

mfletch91
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mfletch91 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:00 pm

SK-11 wrote:I finally got in touch with the track Fri. 40 - Sat. 45 the insurance coverage doesn't go up from a reg. fri. but the price to get into the pits sure does!!!!!!
Then don't go in the pits or don't go at all. It seems to me these prices have been the same for this weekend for the last few years now.

Rookie
Rookie

Post by 3799 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:24 pm

How much does it cost to walk in the sidelines at an Eagles game, or sit on the bench with Pirates, Sixers, or Penguins? You can't even get there, but you can walk the pits for $40-45. Pretty good deal.

mudclods
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by mudclods » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:13 pm

SK-11 wrote:I finally got in touch with the track Fri. 40 - Sat. 45 the insurance coverage doesn't go up from a reg. fri. but the price to get into the pits sure does!!!!!!
What about the fact that the race paid $50,000 to-win and not $3,600?

Scott Harro
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by Scott Harro » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:57 am

got no problem with increased pit passes for big shows but here's a first for me. i heard there was a track this weekend having a big show that made drivers entered in 2 classes buy 2 pit passes. i can understand 2 event registration fees if there are such things for their events but 2 pit passes (admissions)? that's a new one on me.
My OPINIONS are just that and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of anyone or any track I am associated with!

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:50 am

mudclods wrote:
What about the fact that the race paid $50,000 to-win and not $3,600?
Good post, sometimes the obvious needs to be stated when people don't seem to grasp it on their own.:uzi:

dustyroad
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dustyroad » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:56 pm

Well based on the logic of what the race pays in relation to the purse. Why then did the Jim Nace National Open at Selinsgrove cost $40 for the pits and the race paid $12000. Seems like they were at least $20 grand short for the winner.

Also I always thought a pit pass was to cover the insurance the track has on the participants : the racers. The insurance does not know if it is a regular race or a big special event.

Why don't the tracks call it what it is a entrance fee, and just charge $100 per car but then they would not rake in the money. We racers have got to be some of the dumbest people because we are the only sport that pays to play. From go-karts to Nascar we are all stupid.

XracerX
Rookie
Rookie

Post by XracerX » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:11 pm

I don't think the pit passes cover insurance for the racers. Otherwise why would racers always have to try and sue to get money for their hospital bills. I'm not sure what the extra money is for, maybe just deter the fans from being in the pits. Everyone that buys a put pass signs away their rights to get any compensation for injuries that occur. To my knowledge the only insurance a track has is for the common spectator, and for rain outs. No track looks out for the people that put the show on and put money in their pockets. Like the last guy said, racers are stupid from go carts to NASCAR.
Injured drivers funds which are handled mostly by old drivers are the only thing that helps pay bills.
There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of us have to pee on the electric fence for ourselves to be sure.