Three Day National Open Weekend!

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
Leppmaniac
Rookie
Rookie

Three Day National Open Weekend!

Post by Leppmaniac » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:41 pm

Check the new Jeremy Elliott column on pennlive. Great fargin news.

supertc88
Legend
Legend

Re: Three Day National Open Weekend!

Post by supertc88 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:42 pm

Williams Grove National Open gets bigger by expanding to three days, more to be announced next week

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ss ... pen_g.html
Central PA - Home of the PA POSSE and the Best Dirt Track Racin' in America!

SAVE Our Farmland, Forrests and Dirt Tracks!

Freedom Is NOT Free!

RIP Billy Kimmel - Gone but not forgotten!

SLINKMASTERC
Racer
Racer

Post by SLINKMASTERC » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Would be even better if they offer a 3 day package deal for this event. I doubt it will happen though. :doh:
Racecar spelled backwards spells Racecar

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:45 pm

If they don't do a three day package, I can see a bunch of people not going. Not many people can afford 100-110$ for three nights of racing.
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

Walker944
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Walker944 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Not trying to be a jerk here, but they released this information 11 months in advance. This should give plenty of time to put a little bit of money away each pay to be able to attend the biggest race of the year.

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:44 pm

Walker944 wrote:Not trying to be a jerk here, but they released this information 11 months in advance. This should give plenty of time to put a little bit of money away each pay to be able to attend the biggest race of the year.
:signs011:

SLINKMASTERC
Racer
Racer

Post by SLINKMASTERC » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:54 pm

Walker944 wrote:Not trying to be a jerk here, but they released this information 11 months in advance. This should give plenty of time to put a little bit of money away each pay to be able to attend the biggest race of the year.

:thehand: Whatever Dude. Other tracks offer a 3 day package deal. The Grove could do the same is all we are saying. So 110.00 for tickets that's just yourself, not to mention a Family of 4 or more. $30 to camp for the weekend, or more for Hotel.( which will prob. go up this year) Food, gas for generator/vehicle Port a john rental, because they only have one outside the track that get so full **** is stacked a foot above the seat. ect, ect. Who can shell out over 500.00 bucks for the weekend. A package deal isn't to much to ask for. if not I bet you won't see many out of state'rs show up if they don't. could hurt them in the long run.
Last edited by SLINKMASTERC on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SLINKMASTERC
Racer
Racer

Post by SLINKMASTERC » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:54 pm

double post

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:57 pm

I will still just go Friday and Saturday as I will have to work Friday. Thing i'm worried about is after 2 night of racing will the track be rubbered up garbage for the big one Saturday? :dontknow:
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:02 pm

SLINKMASTERC wrote:

:thehand: Whatever Dude. Other tracks offer a 3 day package deal. The Grove could do the same is all we are saying. So 110.00 for tickets that's just yourself, not to mention a Family of 4 or more. $30 to camp for the weekend, or more for Hotel.( which will prob. go up this year) Food, gas for generator/vehicle Port a john rental, because they only have one outside the track that get so full **** is stacked a foot above the seat. ect, ect. Who can shell out over 500.00 bucks for the weekend. A package deal isn't to much to ask for. if not I bet you won't see many out of state'rs show up if they don't. could hurt them in the long run.
Exactly. Remember when the Summer Nationals was a 3 day show? It's now a 2 day show and there's a reason(s) for that. If they want this extra day to work, I think they will have no choice but to offer some sort of package or something or attendance could be a little on the light side for the first night or 2. That's a lot of money for even local fans to part with let alone those who travel long distances.
Way she goes.............

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:49 pm

It looks like a $500+weekend to me. :perfect:
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Im sorry but if the World Finals can do a 3 day package deal for what 90 that includes pit passes all three nights and 3 full divisions each night, there is no reason Williams grove cant do the same thing for 1 division all three nights. They could also do what Charlotte does and do payment arrangements throughout the year.
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Post by JTR13 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:35 am

Not sure what the big deal is, people are usually there for 4-5 days anyway... Now you get the chance to mix a little bit more racing in with your drinking, lol...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:38 pm

They used to offer a 3 day pass for the summer nats that saved like $15, provided none were rained out. I don't know why they need to add another night to the Natty, but hey it's another night of racing so I'll roll with it. It's a Thursday so that'll be a tough draw crowd wise. I don't know who hangs out for 4-5 days but I guess there are some people with a lot of time on their hands. LOL Maybe the hope here is that another night will draw more cars in to have a 2 qualifying nights format like the Nationals or like the Gold Cup used to be, and make this a bigger and higher paying event. That would be good.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:06 am

bmd5229 wrote:Im sorry but if the World Finals can do a 3 day package deal for what 90 that includes pit passes all three nights and 3 full divisions each night, there is no reason Williams grove cant do the same thing for 1 division all three nights. They could also do what Charlotte does and do payment arrangements throughout the year.
One BIG reason. The World Finals gets many more people and the back gate is much larger too. It's called simple math.
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1