Three Day National Open Weekend!

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: Three Day National Open Weekend!

Post by longtimefan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Search **** Cummins Tattoo I am sure there will be contact info there. He painted a car for me in 1975. I talked to him several times last summer. He is a little out there but he is a freakin artist, you won't regret getting to paint anything.

pwf46
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pwf46 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:21 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
beefmobile29 wrote:Its really sad about how this track has been run in the past couple years...now their going to run a three day show that doesn't pay...the biggest problem in PA is they don't pay...you asked or do your own research.that's why the national open doesn't get any surprise drivers any more.a guy driving an number 21 from the Midwest told me last year you will never see him in PA ..making both shows an even in the dash both nights he didn't make any more.you look for yourself the payout for the Saturday night 50,000 to win.it sinks like the Titanic.compair it to the kings royal or the Knoxville nationals..the national open is far from the second best rest in the states.maybe history but history doesn't pay..a three day show to me is a money maker for only one person.opps two sorry that's the owner an hot dog salesman.the track will be junk for the final night
More money and another night isn't going to change anything except the balance of your bank account and the balance of the Groves. The 21 from the Midwest needs to stay in the Midwest. He was a back marker. Time trial shows with the winner more than likely coming off the first or second row. Lots of drunks, that have no idea why or how they got there. Might get a free high just walking through the parking lot. Just like work. Same **** different day.

What an idiotic statement Bob........."The 21 from the Midwest needs to stay in the Midwest. He was a back marker". Shows your sprint car knowledge.

Brian Brown had not been at the Grove in 10 years. He made the A both nights. Several Grove regulars did not do that. Several Outlaw regulars did not do that.

Name me one Grove regular who could "leave the porch" after a ten year absence and make the A at Knoxville two nights in a row? I am a loyal Hodnett fan for 22 years and he would struggle.

Last year the weekend before the Nationals, Hodnett went to Campani Classic at Knoxville and got 7th in the B main........after being at the Nationals for the past 10 years.

Put "the 21 from the Midwest" against your choice of a PA regular on a neutral track. My money hands down would be on Brian Brown.

Think before you type such nonsense. ;-)

Duane
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Duane » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:04 am

Brian Brown a back marker? :thinking:
Last edited by Duane on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cjettmail
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by cjettmail » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:01 pm

I can't see paying $30 to watch half the cars race, it would be 26 to 28 cars. I'll only go sat. Night now!
It's not Knoxville were they get 100 cars, the open gets mid 50's.

cjettmail
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by cjettmail » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:13 pm

Of corse nothing come close to Knoxville, It's by far the biggest race. You can make a point for the 2nd biggest race, Kings Royal or the Grove Open, The reason I say The Grove Open more history. The money could always be better. As for Brian Brown he is good driver & he was at the Grove two or three years ago and did OK.

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:13 am

cjettmail wrote:Of corse nothing come close to Knoxville, It's by far the biggest race. You can make a point for the 2nd biggest race, Kings Royal or the Grove Open, The reason I say The Grove Open more history. The money could always be better. As for Brian Brown he is good driver & he was at the Grove two or three years ago and did OK.
:thumbleft: :thumbright:

The Knoxville Nationals are second to None!! The best of the best go there to try to win the biggest spring race every year!! Brian Brown is a very good driver.....but some people can't see it or don't want to see it.
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Warthog
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Warthog » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:09 pm

BStrawser26 wrote:
cjettmail wrote:Of corse nothing come close to Knoxville, It's by far the biggest race. You can make a point for the 2nd biggest race, Kings Royal or the Grove Open, The reason I say The Grove Open more history. The money could always be better. As for Brian Brown he is good driver & he was at the Grove two or three years ago and did OK.
:thumbleft: :thumbright:

The Knoxville Nationals are second to None!! The best of the best go there to try to win the biggest spring race every year!! Brian Brown is a very good driver.....but some people can't see it or don't want to see it.
I've never been to Knoxville for the nationals or any other race, but I'd imagine that everybody involved makes that race the focus of the entire year. Same with the King's Royal. At the Grove, the vibe isn't "it's The National Open!!!!", it's more like "Oh yeah, the Outlaws are here this week, just like they were earlier in the year." If we want the rest of the country to view the National Open as a top-tier event, it has to be promoted as one, not as sort of an expanded weekly show. Even if the show is the same, or extended to three nights, if there is no sense of excitement or of it being something special on the part of the staff, that is what comes through to the regular fans, and even more so to the outsiders.

In short, if we act like it is special, and treat it as special, then we begin to actually make it special. There's no reason that we couldn't make it into an event as anticipated as Knoxville, if we have the audacity, creativity and will to make it so. It wouldn't happen over night, but with the right plan, some investment, and the courage to carry it out, over time we could have something that's not "another Knoxville", but instead "THE National Open" - one of a kind, second to none.
Q: How is Central PA different from the Old West?
A: In Central PA, the Outlaws try to catch The Posse!

cjettmail
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by cjettmail » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:57 am

I would like to see the grove drop the outlaws sanction, Take the $44,000 add to the purse make it the 2nd high paying race. The outlaws would leave that date open so they could go for the big pay day. Knoxville did it for years, I don't know why they went back to outlaw sanction race they don't have to do it. They run it like Knoxville Nationals anyway, Not like an outlaw race.