2015 Schedule

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
DavidM
Legend
Legend

2015 Schedule

Post by DavidM » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:09 am

It's up now on the home page.
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Re: 2015 Schedule

Post by DavidM » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:22 am

Sorry about the double post. :naughty:
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

Mr. Port

Post by Mr. Port » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:06 am

Its 2 weeks shorter then this year.

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:10 pm

Somewhat disappointed at the lack of SLM races. Would of liked to have seen 5 or 6 at least -- but otherwise some exciting changes for those who are Sprint Car fans. Three days for the National Open is a nice change, more racing is better for sure. I enjoy the Saturday Series occasionally and am glad to see it back.

Hope this is the first of many schedule release in the near future,
Thank you,

Jeff.

Raz59
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Raz59 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:22 am

Not a very exciting schedule if you ask me. Same old, Same old.

Just a few shows I would like to see added

USAC Silver Crown
360's not against the 358's
Renegade Series
Big Block Mods or Small Blocks Mods- Just one show
WoO LateModels
And last but not least--- Joey Chitwood Thrill Show!!!! :redpepper: :redpepper: :redpepper:
Go Pack!!!!!

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:15 pm

Raz59 wrote:Not a very exciting schedule if you ask me. Same old, Same old.

Just a few shows I would like to see added

USAC Silver Crown
360's not against the 358's
Renegade Series
Big Block Mods or Small Blocks Mods- Just one show
WoO LateModels
And last but not least--- Joey Chitwood Thrill Show!!!! :redpepper: :redpepper: :redpepper:
Just think how many tracks and fans would love to have what the Grove puts on weekly.

BTW I too would love to see the Champ Cars and Mods back at the Grove.

zepplinrox
Legend
Legend

Post by zepplinrox » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:27 pm

SNS price goes up to 6 bucks but still a pretty good bargain!

No Fall Fest but an intriguing Run What Ya Brung for 410's and Super Late Models to close out the year.
"zepplinrox"- Brian

Susquehanna Speedway pictures are available for purchase at http://luckyshotphotography.net/
All other race photos on zepprox personal site- http://zepplinrox.smugmug.com

topwing66$
Rookie
Rookie

Post by topwing66$ » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:28 am

Although I would love to see more SLM races, an appearance by either the Big Block or Small Block Mods and of course the Silver Crown Cars, I'm happy with the schedule. At least we are lucky enough that to have racing every Friday & Saturday night unlike alot of places throughout the US.
I'm excited for the "Run What Ya Brung" race in October. Just hope there is a good turn out of cars in both the Sprint & SLM pits :thinking:

SLINKMASTERC
Racer
Racer

Post by SLINKMASTERC » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:03 pm

topwing66$ wrote:Although I would love to see more SLM races, an appearance by either the Big Block or Small Block Mods and of course the Silver Crown Cars, I'm happy with the schedule. At least we are lucky enough that to have racing every Friday & Saturday night unlike alot of places throughout the US.
I'm excited for the "Run What Ya Brung" race in October. Just hope there is a good turn out of cars in both the Sprint & SLM pits :thinking:

:thinking: T.C. and big 430's weird wing and body panels. can't wait to see some hopped up sprinters.
Racecar spelled backwards spells Racecar

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:02 pm

I'd like to see someone try an ISMA wing setup on a 410 Sprint.

Brian Exner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Brian Exner » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:41 pm

It's a good schedule. I'm thankful for it, as I can't find the Flemington, Nazareth or East Windsor Speedway 2015 schedules anywhere....

Count your blessings, folks! That two-hour drive each way (add 15 minutes if my old man drives...which makes sprinters seem especially fast during warm ups...) on Friday nights is worth it, but if you could somehow move Lincoln and Williams Grove closer to the Delaware River, I'd surely appreciate it.

Be safe. See you in 2015.

Brian Exner

Warthog
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Warthog » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:57 am

DavidM wrote:I'd like to see someone try an ISMA wing setup on a 410 Sprint.
When they say "run what ya brung" are there any restrictions, other than general speed compatibility? The ISMA mention reminds me of this:
http://sitepalace.com/donmichael/reece/reece.html
One wonders what a dirt version would be like, and whether there would be any advantage.

It would be nice if the local tracks got together and had maybe one or two such races each over the year, spread out over Lincoln, W.G., Port, S.G., Hagerstown and Susky to make it "worth it" for a few people to come up with something really creative. For one shot at one track, my hunch is that we might see a big block chassis or two pulled out of storage, some lexan panels or "forbidden" wheel sizes or tire compounds on SLMs, or maybe an ISMA wing as suggested above. But to get something really interesting that goes beyond things one can bolt on to a car that's legal under existing rules or an older car that once was legal before some rule change (like a big block sprint), there's probably got to be more incentive to make the time and investment worth it.
Q: How is Central PA different from the Old West?
A: In Central PA, the Outlaws try to catch The Posse!

BigRightRear
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by BigRightRear » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:57 am

how exciting will it be to watch all the cars look exactly the same as they did the week prior...run funny fuel and TC...and hit the same speeds they do now?
Home of the OUTLAW A$$WHIPPERS
Lincoln = 1845 ft. = .35 mile T3=124 MPH
Eldora = 2287 ft. = .43 mile T3=135 MPH
Port = 2716 ft. = .51 mile T3=TBD
Grove = 2792 ft. = .53 mile T3=135 MPH
Selinsgrove = 2847 ft. = .54 mile T1=136 MPH

2015: 43 Races
Grove: 17 / Lincoln: 13 / Port: 4 / Susky: 5 / Path Valley: 2 / Trailway: 1 /. ISMA @ Waterford New London: 1

Dave Exner
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Dave Exner » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:39 am

Brian Exner wrote:It's a good schedule. I'm thankful for it, as I can't find the Flemington, Nazareth or East Windsor Speedway 2015 schedules anywhere....

Count your blessings, folks! That two-hour drive each way (add 15 minutes if my old man drives...which makes sprinters seem especially fast during warm ups...) on Friday nights is worth it, but if you could somehow move Lincoln and Williams Grove closer to the Delaware River, I'd surely appreciate it.

Be safe. See you in 2015.

Brian Exner
Hey, I pedal as fast as I can...........Pop
I hate cold weather more than politicians..............

DeckerFan91
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeckerFan91 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Being from the heart of Big Block Modified upstate NY and loving The Grove I would love and SDS there!! Maybe have a little central PA mini series The Grove, Lincoln, and The Port.
Dirt Is For Racin' Asphalts For Gettin' You There!!