appreciation thread

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
Highside
Pit Member
Pit Member

appreciation thread

Post by Highside » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:36 am

meant to post this at the end of the season but never got around to it...

certain faces and voices help make a place feel familiar and like most on here, williams grove is my home away from home on friday nights in the spring,summer, and fall

couple of people i appreciate seeing/hearing and sharing a few words with on friday night are bruce ellis, "the golf cart lady" and the kind woman who maintains the facilities in the infield...i have a lot of gratitude to these people and all the folks who work at the grove on the weekend and make it enjoyable and familiar to the fans

feel free to add to this post but please save snarky comments for another time/thread

Leppmaniac
Rookie
Rookie

Re: appreciation thread

Post by Leppmaniac » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:21 pm

Jamie & Crystal Nace. 'Nuf said.

topwing66$
Rookie
Rookie

Post by topwing66$ » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Highside wrote:meant to post this at the end of the season but never got around to it...

certain faces and voices help make a place feel familiar and like most on here, williams grove is my home away from home on friday nights in the spring,summer, and fall

couple of people i appreciate seeing/hearing and sharing a few words with on friday night are bruce ellis, "the golf cart lady" and the kind woman who maintains the facilities in the infield...i have a lot of gratitude to these people and all the folks who work at the grove on the weekend and make it enjoyable and familiar to the fans

feel free to add to this post but please save snarky comments for another time/thread

totally agree. being a photographer I have to say Thanks to Betty to whom we as press sign in with each and every weekend to do our jobs. She is a sweet person and has always greeted me with a smile. Also to the new track security. They did a tremendous job all year and I think it was a very smart move on Williams Groves Management to bring them aboard. Last but certainly not least, all the track officials, and those who keep the shows moving along. Thanks you all and I look forward to 2015.

RacerRose
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by RacerRose » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:16 am

Being this was my first year writing the auto racing column for our newspaper, I appreciate the staff for accommodating my press credentials. As I was new this, they were very polite and helpful to me in the office.
2015 Race Counter
Hagerstown - 18
Winchester - 5
Williams Grove - 9
Lincoln - 3
Port Royal - 1
Susquehanna - 0
Path Valley - 1
Trail Way - 0
MIR - 1
Maple Grove - 1

39 races in 2015

https://www.facebook.com/brettroseracingengines
Finish Line columnist for The Journal-News Martinsburg,WV

RT88
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by RT88 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Yeah I am a homer because I work there on Saturdays;however, I really appreciate that great group of race teams and drivers I get to work with each Saturday night. Best **** bunch anyone could be connected to. Also Big Dave - Dave Hare - he is the man! To Justin and Kathy thanks for giving me the chance, it means a lot!!! Steve Bubb

BigRightRear
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by BigRightRear » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:46 am

while attendance of many in our section has dropped off in recent years...I'd like to thank Buzzkill for hanging in there as I realized this past season that at least a half dozen mediocre races I attended last year were worthwhile just to hang out with the people that sit in our area.

keep up the good work fans...it does bring value when all else fails
Home of the OUTLAW A$$WHIPPERS
Lincoln = 1845 ft. = .35 mile T3=124 MPH
Eldora = 2287 ft. = .43 mile T3=135 MPH
Port = 2716 ft. = .51 mile T3=TBD
Grove = 2792 ft. = .53 mile T3=135 MPH
Selinsgrove = 2847 ft. = .54 mile T1=136 MPH

2015: 43 Races
Grove: 17 / Lincoln: 13 / Port: 4 / Susky: 5 / Path Valley: 2 / Trailway: 1 /. ISMA @ Waterford New London: 1

buzzkill
Rookie
Rookie

Post by buzzkill » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:02 am

BigRightRear wrote:while attendance of many in our section has dropped off in recent years...I'd like to thank Buzzkill for hanging in there as I realized this past season that at least a half dozen mediocre races I attended last year were worthwhile just to hang out with the people that sit in our area.

keep up the good work fans...it does bring value when all else fails

Thanks BRR - Agreed it always better with a good group of friends.

Also agreed on the security. For all the bitching about the Grove, they do some things in a professional manor. Like the undercover state police few years ago to clean out the trash, while not interfering with the usual Friday activities. ;)
If common sense is so common........

"Listen, you are a visitor, so shut the f.... up"