Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
prodirtcar32
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Williams Grove/Hagerstown Shootout March 27 & 28. Speedweek Qualifiers

Post by prodirtcar32 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:00 pm

For Immediate Release:
March 22, 2015

Williams Grove & Hagerstown Speedways team up for an exciting “Speedweek qualifier” shoot-out on March 27th & 28th; providing Late Model fans with a great weekend of racing.

The Super Late Models take center stage this coming weekend as Williams Grove & Hagerstown Speedways in conjunction with Ernie D’s Enterprises and K.R.S. Graphics present the Loco-Motives Appalachian Mountain Speedweek qualifier shootout. Both nights will see the Late Model winner take home $2,000 along with added incentives. In addition to the purse, all Heat Race Winners will be awarded an extra $50 along with a cash bonus also given to the leader when the flagman shows the field the crossed flags signaling the halfway point of the feature. More importantly, both winners will receive a guaranteed starting spot for a race in this year’s 7th annual Loco-Motives Appalachian Mountain Speedweek. The winner of the March 27th Williams Grove Feature will be awarded a guaranteed starting spot in the May 29th Bedford Speedway Speedweek opener followed up by the March 28th Hagerstown Feature winner receiving a guaranteed starting spot in their June 6th Speedweek finale.

“I think it is a great thing when the tracks work together. It is just so much better for both the fans and drivers” said Hagerstown Speedway General Manager Keya Davis. “We are working with several tracks this year and it’s great to work with Williams Grove on one of their two late model races this year. I am excited for it and am happy we can offer extra incentives at both speedways over the weekend.” added Davis.

“We really want to thank both Hagerstown and Williams Grove along with Bedford for having these races” stated Speedweek co-promoter Jason Clapper. “It is pretty neat to see Ernie, Keya, Kurt & Justin (Loh) pull together to add a little extra incentive to the weekend. Also a big thanks to Joe Padula and Bedford Speedway for hosting the Williams Grove guaranteed starter. I know Kurt & I are really excited for Speedweek and weekends like this just make it so much better” said Clapper.

This is the first of much collaboration in 2015 for Hagerstown Speedway as along with Williams Grove they have teamed up with Cumberland, Bedford & Roaring Knob Speedways for exciting events throughout the year.

Friday March 27th – Williams Grove 2015 Season Opener – 410 Sprints & Super Late Models.
Gates open at 5:30 with racing at 7:30
For more information on Williams Grove Speedway check them out at http://www.williamsgrove.com

Saturday March 28th – Hagerstown – Super Late Models, LMS, Pure Stocks & Hobby Stocks
Gates open at 2:30 with racing at 5:00
For more information on Hagerstown Speedway check them out at http://www.dirtcapitol.com

Loco-Motives Appalachian Mountain Speedweek 2015 Marketing Partners:
Loco-Motives, LLC., American Racer/Lias Tires, Bernheisel Race Components, Booze Brothers Performance, Dirt On Dirt.com, Dirt Late Model Illustrated Magazine, Ernie D’s Enterprises, HTMA/Hoosier Race Tires, Hubbard Graphics, Keyser Manufacturing Co., K.R.S. Graphics Motorsports Media, MBH Race Cars, Sports Plus Video & WRT Speedwerx.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media.

dirtfan221
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Re: Williams Grove/Hagerstown Shootout March 27 & 28. Speedweek Qualifiers

Post by dirtfan221 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:45 pm

Hope they get a good field of late models. saw there is a winchester/potomac shootout weekend also.

VA Mudslinger
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by VA Mudslinger » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:14 am

Potomac and Winchester have canceled for the weekend so the Late Models should have a good car count. I know Rick Eckert and Dan Stone are going to be there.
Follow @LiveDirtUpdates for live updates fom the area and national events

BigRightRear
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by BigRightRear » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:59 am

what is the cut off time for pulling the plug for the travelling late model teams...3-4pm?
Home of the OUTLAW A$$WHIPPERS
Lincoln = 1845 ft. = .35 mile T3=124 MPH
Eldora = 2287 ft. = .43 mile T3=135 MPH
Port = 2716 ft. = .51 mile T3=TBD
Grove = 2792 ft. = .53 mile T3=135 MPH
Selinsgrove = 2847 ft. = .54 mile T1=136 MPH

2015: 43 Races
Grove: 17 / Lincoln: 13 / Port: 4 / Susky: 5 / Path Valley: 2 / Trailway: 1 /. ISMA @ Waterford New London: 1

wentworth09w
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wentworth09w » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:15 pm

BigRightRear wrote:what is the cut off time for pulling the plug for the travelling late model teams...3-4pm?
I don't think they are pulling the plug. Just saw on FB and Twitter they said the race is a go.

Thanks,
Jeff.

Sprintcars100
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Sprintcars100 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:51 pm

I think we're good to go no rain in the forecast and everyone already knows what the temps are like can't see why they would suddenly cancel now.
2015 races:
5 Lincoln
2 Hagerstown
5 Williamsgrove
11 Port Royal
14 Path Valley
1 Selinsgrove
1 Susky
1 New Eygpt
1 Kutztown Action Track USA
1 Uttica Rome
1 Kokomo In.