Opening Night

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
Mr. Port

Re: Opening Night

Post by Mr. Port » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Shuey21 wrote:Also did I read correctly $11 for 5 chicken fingers and fries? :yikes:
No, its $7.50 for the 3 chicken strips (large ones) and fries.

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:51 pm

Mr. Port wrote:
Shuey21 wrote:Also did I read correctly $11 for 5 chicken fingers and fries? :yikes:
I thought I seen another offer 5 Chicken strips and fries for $11 might've been seeing things lol.
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:31 pm

Kind of off topic but, this is directed towards friends or families that pay the now 6$ to get in on Saturdays to watch their family or friends race a Saturday night seres show. If there is any on the board reading this, how upset are you that on nights a SNS series races Fridays, you have to pay over double the price you do for Saturday shows to see whom you want to see to race. Don't get me wrong, I like the change with the different cars Fridays, I just think its kind of crappy that if you go to watch a street stock, Late Model, Sportsman race on Saturday and that week they are on the Friday night card, they have to pay over double to watch what they want. jmo and im sure I will get jumped for it.
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

pell021
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by pell021 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:17 pm

Shuey21 wrote:
Mr. Port wrote:
I thought I seen another offer 5 Chicken strips and fries for $11 might've been seeing things lol.
:thinking3:

This is getting entertaining, but I think you both are right. On the backstretch it was 3 strips and fries for 7.50 (same as last year) or 5 strips and fries for 11.
Race Count 2016

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

Anthony Corini
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Anthony Corini » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:09 pm

jonboat15 wrote:Dave Hare is a good announcer I think he does a fine job. Bruce has been a fixture at the grove for quite some time his announcing and journalism is just mediocre IMO.
Ted Reitz was the last announcer at the grove that I really enjoyed listening to.
Bruce Ellis' journalism is the FARTHEST thing from mediocre. Ask the NSCHoF committee.

BlueOnBlack21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueOnBlack21 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:13 pm

Anthony Corini wrote:
jonboat15 wrote:Dave Hare is a good announcer I think he does a fine job. Bruce has been a fixture at the grove for quite some time his announcing and journalism is just mediocre IMO.
Ted Reitz was the last announcer at the grove that I really enjoyed listening to.
Bruce Ellis' journalism is the FARTHEST thing from mediocre. Ask the NSCHoF committee.
Yeah and people accuse bruce of announcing the wrong cars, sponsors whatever. I watch all the videos of port royal when they are posted and shawn doesnt know who is passing who.

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:28 pm

BlueOnBlack21 wrote:
Anthony Corini wrote:
Yeah and people accuse bruce of announcing the wrong cars, sponsors whatever. I watch all the videos of port royal when they are posted and shawn doesnt know who is passing who.
:bdf: :bdf: :bdf: :bananadance: :checkit:

100000000% AGREE
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:16 am

bmd5229 wrote:Kind of off topic but, this is directed towards friends or families that pay the now 6$ to get in on Saturdays to watch their family or friends race a Saturday night seres show. If there is any on the board reading this, how upset are you that on nights a SNS series races Fridays, you have to pay over double the price you do for Saturday shows to see whom you want to see to race. Don't get me wrong, I like the change with the different cars Fridays, I just think its kind of crappy that if you go to watch a street stock, Late Model, Sportsman race on Saturday and that week they are on the Friday night card, they have to pay over double to watch what they want. jmo and im sure I will get jumped for it.
I like to look at it in the glass half full mind set. How cool is it that they can get into the Grove to see a great three division program weekly for only $6.
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:00 am

I agree that is cool and nice. But what about those nights they're forced to pay over double the price because their division is slated for Friday, not Saturday.

longtimefan
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by longtimefan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:52 am

I would think the answer to the admission price should by obvious but maybe if you promise to close your eyes while the 410 run they they will let you in for $6 on Friday.

mudclods
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by mudclods » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:13 am

bmd5229 wrote:I agree that is cool and nice. But what about those nights they're forced to pay over double the price because their division is slated for Friday, not Saturday.
That's like complaining if a local band opens for a national act and expecting to pay the same for the concert as when the national act isn't there. Dumb. You must be a liberal.

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:13 pm

bmd5229 wrote:I agree that is cool and nice. But what about those nights they're forced to pay over double the price because their division is slated for Friday, not Saturday.
A lot of those guys go and race at Susky or Hagerstown too. It's $12 or more at almost any other track they will race at.
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:56 pm

mudclods wrote:
That's like complaining if a local band opens for a national act and expecting to pay the same for the concert as when the national act isn't there. Dumb. You must be a liberal.
I was more so leaning towards, let's keep the SNS off the friday show. But when you assume you know what you're doing so ill let you finish the statement. I appreciate when people judge me.

sprntlover
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by sprntlover » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:45 pm

The season just started last week so let's not start arguing back and forth please.
Editing Is A Rewording Activity

Tig88
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by Tig88 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:11 pm

sprntlover wrote:The season just started last week so let's not start arguing back and forth please.
Come on these are Warm Up laps for this Seasons fighting :buttkick:
I use to like Oreo Cookies and Chocolate milk.