WG Refreshment Stands

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
racer33
Rookie
Rookie

WG Refreshment Stands

Post by racer33 » Sat May 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Here I am complaining about my favorite race track again. I went to the refreshment stand in the infield last night on the pit side and ordered a chili dog but what you get is a hot dog with beef bar B Q on it, not a chili dog topping, learned my lesson last week on that deal do this week I ordered a sausage sandwich. What I got was a burnt up piece of crap. I tried to smother it with toppings but the taste of burnt meat just would not go away. I threw it in the trash and headed to the chicken/fries stand and ordered chicken strips. The lady asked me if I wanted chicken and fries and I said no, just chicken. Then she asked me for $9.00 to which I replied that I didn't want chicken and fries, just chicken. She informed me that $9.00 was the price for just chicken. Sorry, but that is outrageous, so no chicken for me. What do you do if you bring your wife and 2 or 3 kids to the track? You better feed them before you get there. I guess if you can't put people in the grandstands you have to rape the fans that do show up. Don't know for sure, but I heard there was no soda fountain service on the backstretch refreshment stand. Have no clue what the front stretch grandstand situation was but for as many people as were in the stands I'm sure no one waited in long lines for service. You didn't have to worry about waiting in long lines in the infield either. What the hell is going on here? I didn't come here for a gourmet meal, just good racing and some decent track food. Seems like they are trying to drive people away from the racetrack. The Grove was never this bad. Without the WOO and the National Open this place would probably fold. This is terrible, the only fans you can count on is the Beerhill Gang Crew.....thank God for them or the place would have no one to pay the purse. This really sucks, this place is going to hell!

bschriver11
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Re: WG Refreshment Stands

Post by bschriver11 » Sun May 03, 2015 3:06 am

I guess you could say a disappointing night at the track kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth? :laughing7:

DIRT-MAN
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by DIRT-MAN » Sun May 03, 2015 10:32 am

bschriver11 wrote:I guess you could say a disappointing night at the track kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth? :laughing7:
:cwm4: :cwm4:

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:52 am

I went to buy 2 bottled Drinks on Friday and she said sorry, we only have large drinks. So I ended up paying 7.00 for 2 drinks . People can't afford to be there anymore.
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Sun May 03, 2015 11:26 am

It's not like it used to be either Friday's don't work for a lot of people anymore. By time you get off work rush home and get ready then rush to the track u barely make it. I get off at 3:30 on Fridays by time I get home and ready Im at the track by 6:30, luckily not many go anymore so I still get a good seat :laughing7:
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:18 pm

No doubt the place is in trouble. I remember when I was a kid, the atmosphere at The Grove was electric. Even on regular Friday nights and the crowds were always good. Now, I don't know what it is, but there is zero atmosphere. That would probably be due to the fact that there's hardly anyone there anymore. As far as the food, its gone way downhill. Chicken and fries used to be a Friday night tradition until the honey mustard disappeared. The prices are way too steep and the quality just isn't there anymore. I don't expect much out of track food bit theirs just sucks anymore. I now stop at a sub shop on the way and bring my own. I'm not eating their garbage anymore.
Way she goes.............

ohdh
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by ohdh » Sun May 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Shuey21 wrote:It's not like it used to be either Friday's don't work for a lot of people anymore. By time you get off work rush home and get ready then rush to the track u barely make it. I get off at 3:30 on Fridays by time I get home and ready Im at the track by 6:30, luckily not many go anymore so I still get a good seat :laughing7:
It's a two division show on a Friday, years ago, the start time was 7:45. Go back to a 7:45 or even 8pm start time, run a quick, efficient program and get everyone on their way out of there by 10:15. It can be done.

Pizza is now $18 and $20 for pepperoni. Pizza was small, did not have much pepperoni on it, and was cold. I can bring a leftover one from home for less than half the price.

You reap what you sow, and she has just about run this place into the ground. Mr. Hughes has got to be cringing in his grave over what she has done to one of the best tracks in the country. Keep canceling when the sun is out on a Friday and many people will start to find other things to do on a Friday.
Dirt's for racing, asphalt's for gettin' there!

Highside
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Highside » Sun May 03, 2015 3:37 pm

i can't defend the food prices as i rarely eat when there, $9 for some chicken strips is laughable, pack a sandwich, lighter on the wallet and your stomach than over priced fried foods

as for the crowds, the weather has been horrible...i doubt theyve ran a feature yet when the temp is above 60, aside from regular diehards people dont want to bring kids and women to the track on a friday night when the sun sets by 730ish and it's in the 40's or 50's and windy...

i for one am happy they havent been canceling based of forecasts this year, unfortunately they are rewarded with small crowds anyways

SLINKMASTERC
Racer
Racer

Post by SLINKMASTERC » Sun May 03, 2015 11:06 pm

backstretch stand didn't have fountain soda. they were only selling bottled water. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Racecar spelled backwards spells Racecar

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Mon May 04, 2015 8:44 am

Simple fix, bring a cooler with your own food and drinks.

BTW is there anyone still having fun and enjoying the races any more?
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Bill Mc
Legend
Legend

Post by Bill Mc » Mon May 04, 2015 8:51 am

Not at Williams Grove. Seems to me all these little things people complain about on here are easily fixed, yet the management continues to ignore them and continue to go down the path they are on. Are they little things? Yes but i can tell you there are a lot of fans who refuse to go to WG at this point because of all these little things.

Stuff like this might seem trivial to you, but little things like this continue to pile up until fans just don't care and wont go. The track is getting very close to the edge, they better hope they start listening better or the small crowds they have now are only going to get worse.
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com
Central PA Racing Scene - http://www.centralparacingscene.com
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014
40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Mon May 04, 2015 11:38 am

DavidM wrote:Simple fix, bring a cooler with your own food and drinks.

I enjoy every race I go to. The whiners don't realize the constant complaining is actually hurting the speedways instead of being constructive criticisim. "on the fence" fans read this constant complaining and think it just isn't worth going I guess.
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Mon May 04, 2015 11:38 am

:notlistening:
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

greenflag
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by greenflag » Mon May 04, 2015 12:14 pm

Prices for food at some race tracks are definitely getting out of hand. But it is what it is I guess. Like someone said earlier, I usually stop at a Sheetz or Rutters, depending on which track I am attending, and purchase a decent sandwich at a low price.

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Mon May 04, 2015 1:13 pm

DavidM wrote:Simple fix, bring a cooler with your own food and drinks.

Hell yeah. I take some PBR and a sammich and enjoy the hell out of the races.