WG Refreshment Stands

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
DavidM
Legend
Legend

Re: WG Refreshment Stands

Post by DavidM » Mon May 04, 2015 2:09 pm

Brent Leach wrote:
DavidM wrote:Simple fix, bring a cooler with your own food and drinks.

BTW is there anyone still having fun and enjoying the races any more?
I enjoy every race I go to. The whiners don't realize the constant complaining is actually hurting the speedways instead of being constructive criticisim. "on the fence" fans read this constant complaining and think it just isn't worth going I guess.
That is what concerns me too. It's no where near as bad here as it is on some other racing forums. Auto racings health is not was it used to be. Car counts, owners, sponsors are all declining. Is a public forum the best way to resolve an issue with a track? Who gets the message may not be the one it's meant for, but may turn someone off who's looking to get involved or attend a race. We can't afford to scare off new fans or sponsors, because with out new it will eventually die off. Use the phone, email or stop by the ticket office and let them know how you feel in a constructive way. It may help, it may not, but it's not going to sway someone else away because they read something negative on a message board.
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:25 pm

Brent Leach wrote:

I enjoy every race I go to. The whiners don't realize the constant complaining is actually hurting the speedways instead of being constructive criticisim. "on the fence" fans read this constant complaining and think it just isn't worth going I guess.
It is not this board that is keeping fans from attending racing. It is the racing on the track....no one wants to see pavement like conditions for a dirt track. That is why I have not been to the races yet this year!! It seems like some tracks think they have to have it really dry and getting black before the sprint feature even starts. Well, if that is the conditions I would rather watch my grass grow, because it is more exciting than watching something like that.
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

SLINKMASTERC
Racer
Racer

Post by SLINKMASTERC » Mon May 04, 2015 9:14 pm

I usually do, but was at the hospital all day with my Dad, and didnt have time to pack a cooler. It figures my luck the day i don't. They don't have stuff for fans to drink. That in itself would turn a new fan away. It's no wonder the stands are about empty every week. she still shows she don't care about the fans. :ahhhh:
Racecar spelled backwards spells Racecar

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:15 pm

BStrawser26 wrote:
Brent Leach wrote:

It is not this board that is keeping fans from attending racing. It is the racing on the track....no one wants to see pavement like conditions for a dirt track. That is why I have not been to the races yet this year!! It seems like some tracks think they have to have it really dry and getting black before the sprint feature even starts. Well, if that is the conditions I would rather watch my grass grow, because it is more exciting than watching something like that.
Actually that's one thing that has been great all season so far track prep. If anything its to good :laughing7:
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

HotRodBob
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by HotRodBob » Tue May 05, 2015 8:28 am

It really saddens me to see the Grove steadily declining over the years. The few times I went last year there were a few hundred people there. Sounds like it hasn't improved yet this year. What a shame.

I will attend a handful of events this year, beverage and food in hand. :cheers2:

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Tue May 05, 2015 10:28 am

The Grove had a great crowd for the SNS opener Saturday, size rivaled Kids night. The track was in great shape and fast, 79 cars, a last lap pass for the win and no one won from the front row.
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

JTR13
Pit Member
Pit Member
Location: Friday- Grove infield Turn 3 Saturday- Susky infield pitstall #45

Post by JTR13 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:46 pm

I think people have legit complaints, and it's a shame that whether it be via this board, email, phone call, or face to face, their complaints are ignored, actually I've heard people say before that they were treated very rudely when they tried to call or say something...

I agree with the diehard race fans that say just go and enjoy watching some awesome sprintcar racing and quit your complaining...

But I also agree with the diehard race fans w/ families that miss the over all experience that there used to be at the Grove, that part seems to be whats dieing... I emjoying packing a cooler full of beers and hangin out with my buddies drinking and watching races as much as the next guy, but unless you come on "kids night", it just seems to have lost the over all experience there used to be when I first started going...
All "FOUR" Fun!!!

pell021
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by pell021 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:47 pm

WG has been the worst track in the area as far as racing goes for the last number of years, so you think they'd be trying extra hard to win people over by listening to the fans a bit more. So far this year, I actually think the racing has been a bit better which is a huge plus, and I thought they did a great offseason promotion on Twitter with the trivia questions to engage fans. However, when it takes you five minutes to get through the gates because the ticket takers don't know how to redeem them, that's a problem. The backstretch stands have run out of pizza well before the feature two of the last three weeks, and this past week my slice hardly resembled pizza of any kind. And as others have said, no soda was available last week. So yes, I think bringing your own food/drink is in your best interest. Either that or hit up the buffalo chicken on the backstretch right by the bridge. $6 for a pretty generous helping in my opinion. That might be the best tasting food that ANY track currently has.

I love sprint car racing and I hate to complain, but I write this hoping that these things might get addressed. None of these things are difficult and you just can't expect a better crowd without doing something to earn it.
Race Count 2016

"If it don't have a wing, it don't mean a thing!"

iron33
Rookie
Rookie

Post by iron33 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:58 pm

I'll have to agree, the buffalo chicken on the backstretch is easily among the best race track food anywhere as for taste, add the reasonable price(in my opinion) to it and it might be the best of all.

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Tue May 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Ive tried questioning some of the things they do on social media and was immediately blocked and banned from twitter and facebook. I was not rude until whomever does public relations was rude to me and gave me smartass answers. They don't care what the fans gripe or complain about, or what they like, as long as at the end of the night, management is happy and pockets full. Now that people have said about the buffalo chicken, the price will probably increase because, well, supply and demand.
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

KWR
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by KWR » Tue May 05, 2015 3:50 pm

bmd5229 wrote:Ive tried questioning some of the things they do on social media and was immediately blocked and banned from twitter and facebook. I was not rude until whomever does public relations was rude to me and gave me smartass answers. They don't care what the fans gripe or complain about, or what they like, as long as at the end of the night, management is happy and pockets full. Now that people have said about the buffalo chicken, the price will probably increase because, well, supply and demand.
I witnessed the banning stuff already but I believe that the person that was doing it last year liked to argue, I watched my kid screw with whoever it was on Twitter one night, he was blocked within five minutes - that was last year.
I'd wager that someone new is running it now, it's been alot better this year.

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Tue May 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Well if people are trying and getting shutdown and treated rudely, it's not very wise business practice on their part.

I don't get up much on Fridays, mostly it's a SNS race and the tracks been really good on Saturday when I've been up over the past couple years. As for the food I don't do much other than a couple dogs and a soda. I've never had good pizza at any race track, I avoid that stuff at all cost.

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Tue May 05, 2015 5:01 pm

DavidM wrote:Well if people are trying and getting shutdown and treated rudely, it's not very wise business practice on their part.

I don't get up much on Fridays, mostly it's a SNS race and the tracks been really good on Saturday when I've been up over the past couple years. As for the food I don't do much other than a couple dogs and a soda. I've never had good pizza at any race track, I avoid that stuff at all cost.
Except when the OIP stand is open at Port. Dyn-o-mite!

bschriver11
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by bschriver11 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:18 pm

I live about 2 1/2 hours from the grove and i enjoy the rare occasions that i am able to get there.All you race fans that live in the central Pa area don't know how good you really have it!!There are a few tracks near me but they are nothing like the tracks in central Pa,they are dry and dusty with no where near the quality car counts and believe it or not the food is not as good either.I'm not going to bash any tracks on here,they are doing the best they can with what they have.You guys should go outside central Pa and see for yourself,then you'll realize how good tracks like the grove really are!!

marblesx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by marblesx » Tue May 05, 2015 7:32 pm

I made my first trip of the year this weekend. I was surprised at how thin it was too, but I have no complaints as I seen cars go in circles. As far as concessions ( I bought a chicken strips and fries) sure it is high, but it is what is expected on my part when I go to sporting events, if I choose to eat. I cannot say as to what it was way back when or even a few years ago as I am still relatively new to this "area." I had to escape the Baltimore vicinity for the night haha.