Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
jonboat15
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Re: WG Refreshment Stands

Post by jonboat15 » Tue May 05, 2015 10:13 pm

The WG forum :thinking:

Does WG stand Whiners Group :ahhhh:

I go to the tracks to watch racing not to be a food critic.

Bring your own food and enjoy the races .. :notlistening:

oldtimeracer
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by oldtimeracer » Wed May 06, 2015 4:32 pm

Down south, can not bring in your own beer. You have to buy it at the track.

Our local track sells a bucket of Bud Light or Yuengling for 12 bucks. It is 5 cans/aluminum bottles.

The food has a cheeseburger platter for 6 bucks. It consists of the burger, bag of chips and a drink.

The burger is really good and is the size of a small plane. J/K it is about 6 inches wide tho.
I have been a race fan that long that I was a Junior fan when it meant Junior Johnson.

2017 Race Count

4-17 Southern 8
East Bay 5
Bubba 2

2015 Race Count 32
2016 Race Count 27

paoldtimer
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by paoldtimer » Wed May 06, 2015 8:39 pm

jonboat15 wrote: I go to the tracks to watch racing not to be a food critic.
Bring your own food and enjoy the races .. :notlistening:
Agreed!! :thumbright:
"Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you will suck forever!"

1idirtking
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 1idirtking » Fri May 08, 2015 10:19 am

We used to eat the track food when it was decent food and wasn't way overpriced but for about the last dozen years we've been picking up the best subs I've ever had at a deli near Hamburg on the way to the track. When I can't bring my own beer I will stop coming. I've only ever been to one dirt track that didn't allow that and that was Bridgeport. Never went back.
The older I get, the better I used to be.

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Fri May 08, 2015 1:34 pm

1idirtking wrote:We used to eat the track food when it was decent food and wasn't way overpriced but for about the last dozen years we've been picking up the best subs I've ever had at a deli near Hamburg on the way to the track. When I can't bring my own beer I will stop coming. I've only ever been to one dirt track that didn't allow that and that was Bridgeport. Never went back.
I went to Bridgeport one time while on vacation at Ocean City MD. We drove up , bought our tickets and the ex turned to me and said "did you see the sign says no alcoholic beverages". I turned to the woman in the ticket booth and asked if that was for real. She said it was. They refunded my money and we drove back to Ocean City. I like to drink some beer with my racing. I'd stop going also if I can't have a cold one for the feature ! :cheers2:
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:23 pm

1idirtking wrote:We used to eat the track food when it was decent food and wasn't way overpriced but for about the last dozen years we've been picking up the best subs I've ever had at a deli near Hamburg on the way to the track. When I can't bring my own beer I will stop coming. I've only ever been to one dirt track that didn't allow that and that was Bridgeport. Never went back.

Eldora makes you buy your beer at the track. Not all that bad especially whenever they have a full liquor bar.
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

BlueOnBlack21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueOnBlack21 » Fri May 08, 2015 4:30 pm

bmd5229 wrote:

Eldora makes you buy your beer at the track. Not all that bad especially whenever they have a full liquor bar.
Its my understanding that ohio state law makes you buy beer at the track. Either way tony treats you right. $10 for a six pack isnt hateful. Could be like a sporting event or concert where they rape you 6 or 7 bucks for a pint.

racebug
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by racebug » Fri May 08, 2015 7:29 pm

Selinsgrove has the best pizza....walk up the hill sometime and try it.

BAMAchubby
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BAMAchubby » Sun May 10, 2015 8:33 pm

I went to Bridgeport one time while on vacation at Ocean City MD. We drove up , bought our tickets and the ex turned to me and said "did you see the sign says no alcoholic beverages". I turned to the woman in the ticket booth and asked if that was for real. She said it was. They refunded my money and we drove back to Ocean City. I like to drink some beer with my racing. I'd stop going also if I can't have a cold one for the feature ! :cheers2:[/quote]

they don't check coolers...I take a couple in most times I go there

Of course now if you go they will check lol
Lincoln Speedway - 3
Selingsgrove Speedway - 1
Bridgeport Speedway - 2
Williamsgrove - 5

BRKracing
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by BRKracing » Sun May 10, 2015 9:26 pm

Any one remember when Lincoln didn't let you bring in beer.
probably 20 years ago

At Bridgeport its the local township is a dry township

Bill Mc
Legend
Legend

Post by Bill Mc » Mon May 11, 2015 8:23 am

Yep and people stopped coming. Attendance was way down, so they changed it to 1 6 pack, then just forgot the rule completely.

Its funny i went to the Grove Friday and ordered 2 pieces of pepperoni pizza and was given 2 old and very cold slices. Didnt say a word to the lady who was more worried about how many more races where left so whe could leave. Instead i ate them and now know to never order them again. $6 lesson learned.
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com
Central PA Racing Scene - http://www.centralparacingscene.com
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014
40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

Slash
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Slash » Mon May 11, 2015 8:03 pm

The same thing happens in the clubs I shoot band pix. The crowds get less and they up the liquor to try to recoup the money. If they and tracks actually did some promoting instead of just opening the gates and then bitching about the poor crowds they would improve. Ya gotta get that buzz going about your program and get the people in the gate.. :cheers2:

BigRightRear
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by BigRightRear » Mon May 11, 2015 8:39 pm

Recently...the beer drinkers at the grove are more exciting than the racing...just saying.
Home of the OUTLAW A$$WHIPPERS
Lincoln = 1845 ft. = .35 mile T3=124 MPH
Eldora = 2287 ft. = .43 mile T3=135 MPH
Port = 2716 ft. = .51 mile T3=TBD
Grove = 2792 ft. = .53 mile T3=135 MPH
Selinsgrove = 2847 ft. = .54 mile T1=136 MPH

2015: 43 Races
Grove: 17 / Lincoln: 13 / Port: 4 / Susky: 5 / Path Valley: 2 / Trailway: 1 /. ISMA @ Waterford New London: 1

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Tue May 12, 2015 11:59 am

BigRightRear wrote:Recently...the beer drinkers at the grove are more exciting than the racing...just saying.
Careful they'll add extra admission to enter Beer Hill for spectators. :laughing7:
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Th3Swami
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Th3Swami » Tue May 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Slash wrote:The same thing happens in the clubs I shoot band pix. The crowds get less and they up the liquor to try to recoup the money. If they and tracks actually did some promoting instead of just opening the gates and then bitching about the poor crowds they would improve. Ya gotta get that buzz going about your program and get the people in the gate.. :cheers2:
I'm not sure if you've ever been in a band but most of your success and following comes from the work you put in. The ones that have any sort of following or success are the ones who put in the hard work and tirelessly self promote, communicating with the fans, researching new avenues for new ones and having a stage presence. That's how a band gets noticed and sponsorship opportunities open up and you start drawing crowds and getting booked. I dont think a club really has as many resources.