Radar Speeds

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Radar Speeds

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Sat May 16, 2015 10:17 pm

Two cars hit 140 mph, a bunch 133 to 138.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

kossuth
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Radar Speeds

Post by kossuth » Wed May 20, 2015 8:02 pm

I'm sure a number of drivers, chassis folks, and motor builders would be very interested in the prior corner exit speed just as much as as the end of straight speeds

PalmerSpecial
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Radar Speeds

Post by PalmerSpecial » Tue May 26, 2015 6:47 pm

kossuth wrote:I'm sure a number of drivers, chassis folks, and motor builders would be very interested in the prior corner exit speed just as much as as the end of straight speeds
That's actually probably already known. I'm not sure if they are allowed in Sprint Car racing for the sanctioned races, but a GPS enabled lap timer, for around 500 bucks, would map out the track, track their speeds at several points around the track, show them the optimal line etc etc..I bet the top teams have used them in practice...

We used them in motorcycle road racing when they first came out about 5 or 6 years ago...a huge learning tool on the road courses for sure. The more laps, the better the data, for sure..

like this: http://www.xtracing.com/en/gpxpro/index.php