Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Re: Paved Pit Area

Post by Brent Leach » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:10 am

Read slowly this time.

verb (used with object), paved, paving.

to cover or lay (a road, walk, etc.) with concrete, stones, bricks, tiles, wood, or the like, so as to make a firm, level surface.
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

Sprintcars100
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Sprintcars100 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:04 am

No ones really complaining just kind of talking about it.. And that may be the the technical definition but who says hey guys just paved my walk way with wood? Anyways hope they roll it every so often to keep it intact and smooth.
2015 races:
5 Lincoln
2 Hagerstown
5 Williamsgrove
11 Port Royal
14 Path Valley
1 Selinsgrove
1 Susky
1 New Eygpt
1 Kutztown Action Track USA
1 Uttica Rome
1 Kokomo In.
1 Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
1 Gas City I 69 In.

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:33 pm

Exactly. I don't think anyone is really complaining too much in this particular thread. But, if I went out and asked 100 people what a paved parking lot looked like, they would most likely say blacktop or something similar. Luckily we have Merriam-Webster on the case to provide a thorough definition. Three times in two different threads no less.

Leppmaniac
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Leppmaniac » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:07 pm

My concern is for sight lines from the grandstands. I'm guessing that the haulers will sit higher now blocking more of the track from the grandstand seating. I've said for years if they would dig the front stretch pits down a couple feet it would really help the view from the grandstands on both the front and the backstretch. Oh well, what do I know I'm just a fan of sprint car racing.

kossuth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kossuth » Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:32 pm

Leppmaniac wrote:My concern is for sight lines from the grandstands. I'm guessing that the haulers will sit higher now blocking more of the track from the grandstand seating. I've said for years if they would dig the front stretch pits down a couple feet it would really help the view from the grandstands on both the front and the backstretch. Oh well, what do I know I'm just a fan of sprint car racing.
Problem with digging down is you create an area for water to lay. Drainage or not water will lay in low spots and cause issues. It's a compromise in one way or another. IMO the haulers aren't that much of a problem (from the front stretch perspective). Can't speak about the view from Beer Hill being I usually have my young kids with me and don't really go over there. That's my take on it though. I will say the view at Selinsgrove is much worse due to all the buildings and such.

Leppmaniac
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Leppmaniac » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:10 pm

kossuth wrote:
Leppmaniac wrote:My concern is for sight lines from the grandstands. I'm guessing that the haulers will sit higher now blocking more of the track from the grandstand seating. I've said for years if they would dig the front stretch pits down a couple feet it would really help the view from the grandstands on both the front and the backstretch. Oh well, what do I know I'm just a fan of sprint car racing.
Problem with digging down is you create an area for water to lay. Drainage or not water will lay in low spots and cause issues. It's a compromise in one way or another. IMO the haulers aren't that much of a problem (from the front stretch perspective). Can't speak about the view from Beer Hill being I usually have my young kids with me and don't really go over there. That's my take on it though. I will say the view at Selinsgrove is much worse due to all the buildings and such.
I always sit as high up as I can get on the front stretch, unless you've got season seats you can't see the cars in turn 3. I know the sight lines at Selinsgrove are a problem but I still love the track. I didn't say it would be easy to dig the front stretch pits down. Surely the drainage issue could be rectified but it's not gonna happen now that the pits are "paved".
Just an idea I had. I know it's not happenin' dude.

Sprintcars100
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Sprintcars100 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:15 pm

Better yet have them all park out back not sure if there's enough room for that though. Hope I don't get accused of being an expert promoter for sharing my ideas...
2015 races:
5 Lincoln
2 Hagerstown
5 Williamsgrove
11 Port Royal
14 Path Valley
1 Selinsgrove
1 Susky
1 New Eygpt
1 Kutztown Action Track USA
1 Uttica Rome
1 Kokomo In.
1 Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
1 Gas City I 69 In.

Scott H
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by Scott H » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:10 pm

When I go to race, I like watching the whole race, not 1/2 a race. Having haulers in the infield is not fan friendly. If you are going to do that, then adjust your seating to compensate for that. I'll take my money to Lincoln, Port, Trailway, Susky, and Grandview.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?

bmd5229
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by bmd5229 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:49 pm

Sprintcars100 wrote:Better yet have them all park out back not sure if there's enough room for that though. Hope I don't get accused of being an expert promoter for sharing my ideas...
That would be nice but with the 358 out there, it would be a really tight squeeze. It would be nice if they could expand the back area a little bit to allow for that, especially come outlaw time. Having all those haulers down in turn 3-4 causes issues and I have season seats that are up high. But hey, I've been bashed enough in this thread for stating stuff that it seems like people agree with me on. Hope the "paved" parking lot works and it limits the rainouts. But I really hope I don't see a thread on here a year down the line about the pits becoming garbage and tore up.
"Believe deep down in your heart that you are destined to do great things." - JVP

Tig88
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by Tig88 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:08 pm

I just want a soft pretzel machine on Beer Hill, like the one on the frontstrech :ahhh:
I use to like Oreo Cookies and Chocolate milk.

BigRightRear
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by BigRightRear » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:42 pm

Tig88 wrote:I just want a soft pretzel machine on Beer Hill, like the one on the frontstrech :ahhh:
Yes, pave the way for soft pretzels...pave it with wood if that is what it takes to pass the p!ss test for the grammar police.
Home of the OUTLAW A$$WHIPPERS
Lincoln = 1845 ft. = .35 mile T3=124 MPH
Eldora = 2287 ft. = .43 mile T3=135 MPH
Port = 2716 ft. = .51 mile T3=TBD
Grove = 2792 ft. = .53 mile T3=135 MPH
Selinsgrove = 2847 ft. = .54 mile T1=136 MPH

2015: 43 Races
Grove: 17 / Lincoln: 13 / Port: 4 / Susky: 5 / Path Valley: 2 / Trailway: 1 /. ISMA @ Waterford New London: 1

Wax
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Wax » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:22 pm

they dam well better be Smitty's pretzels. :yessss: :carrot:

Tig88
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by Tig88 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:24 pm

Wax wrote:they dam well better be Smitty's pretzels. :yessss: :carrot:
Nope not Smitty's but they are pretty good, and why does everyone get a stiffy over Smittys? I think they are soggy.
I use to like Oreo Cookies and Chocolate milk.

zepplinrox
Legend
Legend

Post by zepplinrox » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:09 pm

Tig88 wrote:
Wax wrote:they dam well better be Smitty's pretzels. :yessss: :carrot:
Nope not Smitty's but they are pretty good, and why does everyone get a stiffy over Smittys? I think they are soggy.
Got to get them fresh at their stand just north of Dover, along 74 north. Hard to keep freshness in soft pretzels....I used to work part time at the York fair....they would freeze them at the end of the night :ahhhh: :ahhh: nothing kills a good pretzel as quickly as the big chill!
"zepplinrox"- Brian

Susquehanna Speedway pictures are available for purchase at http://luckyshotphotography.net/
All other race photos on zepprox personal site- http://zepplinrox.smugmug.com

Leppmaniac
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Leppmaniac » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:15 pm

So how were the "paved" pits Friday night? A beer hill pretzel update would be nice too.