Canceled?

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
Dave Exner
Pit Member
Pit Member

Re: Canceled?

Post by Dave Exner » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:51 pm

Brent Leach wrote:
Dave Exner wrote:I drove from New Jersey and ran through quite a rainstorm about half way to the Grove and when we arrived at the Grove it was obvious they were cancelled as some puddles looked like swimming pools.

It would have taken quite a few hours to dry the track well enough to hold the racing.

Got back home in New Jersey and it had never rained here.

From the look of things at the track, they had no other choice except to call the program tonight.

Try not to knock the Grove too hard. I don't think they had any other choice.

Drive safe everyone.
At least you understand. I suggest you join in to rainedout.com to save yourself some travel at times.
Brent, the problem I had was that I left home in NJ around 4:10 pm to go pick up my son in Langhorne, Pa and then we proceeded to Williams Grove. When I returned home Friday evening from the Grove, I checked my emails and there was one from the Grove stating they had cancelled. The time on the message was 4:34 pm, therefore I left too early to get my son. I thank you for suggesting signing up for Rainedout.com, but I have it and left too early. I guess I can now say, "Once bitten, twice cautious". I think I will be smarter in the future and listen to the weather reports and when they say "possible showers", I will skip the races.
I hate cold weather more than politicians..............

Leppmaniac
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Leppmaniac » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:14 am

Dave, sign up for rainedout.com for your, or your sons, cell phone. I left work at 4:30 headed for the Grove, which is an hour and a half away, and got the text on my cell phone from rainedout.com at about 4:35. Saved me about 90 miles one way. One of the few good things about the wonderful world of 0's and 1's that we live in nowadays.

racebug
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by racebug » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:11 pm

Lincoln is also noted for this. Was sitting in the parking lot in the rain and they said it hadn't rained there.