ARDC at the Grove!!

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
wlesher
Rookie
Rookie

ARDC at the Grove!!

Post by wlesher » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:10 pm

This Friday marks the 1st of 2 visits this season for the ARDC.

Alex Bright is in back in central Pa and Steve Buckwalter usually pulls double duty at the Grove.

Tim Buckwalter is the only repeat winner this season. will he do it again this Friday for the Sean Michaels and the Heffner #27 midget

Weather is looking good so why not come out and watch a race :-)

Next weekend is a big weekend for the ARDC. check our website http://www.ardcmidget.com and our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ARDCMidgets?fref=ts

Sprintcars100
Pit Member
Pit Member

Re: ARDC at the Grove!!

Post by Sprintcars100 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:58 am

Always a good race when the midgets are in town, I hope the car count can get back up there.
2015 races:
5 Lincoln
2 Hagerstown
5 Williamsgrove
11 Port Royal
14 Path Valley
1 Selinsgrove
1 Susky
1 New Eygpt
1 Kutztown Action Track USA
1 Uttica Rome
1 Kokomo In.
1 Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
1 Gas City I 69 In.

jonboat15
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by jonboat15 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:16 am

The midget racing was exciting! Glad no one was hurt in the crash. Friends keep asking me what happened to the midget car count and I just don't know what to tell them. :dontknow:

stp2237
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stp2237 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:13 am

Simple math, hard to pay for expensive motors with short purse. I hear that some of the good midget engines go for 25 to 30 grand and usually they are running for 1000 to win. The only midget group that looks to be drawing cars consistently is the Poweri group out of Illinois and they only run on short tracks. Its a shame, they race was good with only 14 cars on a big track. I hope they can keep their dates with short fields,always liked the midgets, especially wingless!

cjettmail
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by cjettmail » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:19 am

They were putting on a great show till the big crash that took out 3 of the top 5, Buckwalter was on a charge till he crashed. Does anyone know why Steve Buckwalter didn't run his car?? Also why has the ARDC car count been down this year, They have been getting good car count all year.

jonboat15
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by jonboat15 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:30 am

I kinda figured that the low car counts were due to high engine costs but wasn't really sure. Thanks for clearing that up. I sure hope the ARDC can bounce back to what it was a few years ago.

dberk4
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dberk4 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:15 pm

I don't what the problem is with ARDC they haven't had a full field all year . It seems they are dying a slow death and I hope I'm wrong . I remember when they took the wings off and they where doing great . But the last few years they are loosing cars left and right . The only midget club doing any good is Poweri . I love the midgets and hope they are around for a long time . I have been going to midget races for almost 50 year's and this is the worst I have seen and I saw all the clubs from ARC, SMRC, ESMRA, NEMA. I hope they come back but if they keep getting 15 car fields they will start to lose race's
Go Giants !!!

Rascal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Rascal » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:48 pm

SpeedSTR and wingless 600's are drawing good, seem to be the way to go.

wlesher
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wlesher » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:44 pm

we have 26 registered car owners in the ARDC we shouldnt have any problem getting a 16-20 car average but for a number of reasons we are.

There isnt one single thing you can point at and say that's it!!! that's the problem. it is a number of things and some stem from years ago and some are more recent.

Engine costs in racing are always going to be a topic regardless of what type of racing. most of the guys dont and havent spent $25,000 or $30,000 on their engines. the car that won doesnt have nearly that much in his engine. i know one thing is for sure you cant put rules in place to control costs and Spec classes are not successful

i knew when i came into the position of president that we were going to have a uphill battle and we have made headway to correcting some of the issues but its going to take time. we didint get to here overnight and it wont be corrected over night.

we have established a point fund. we are about to release a revised ( increased) payout to our members for the rest of the season. we have established new sponsors , which hadnt happened before in whos knows how long. so from my seat it is getting better.

next season we will be establishing a home track that will host 75% of our races. That is what mike miller did when he was in a similar situation, that is what Tobias has done with the speedsters and that is what we must do and we will. I am already working on that for next season

expect to see some traveling next season but not nearly as much.

Regardless of car count the midget feature was the best race of the night and ill take 13 cars side by side and 3 wide over a freight train anyday

Thank you and dont forget to come see a midget race....... i know of a big one coming up very soon that you dont want to miss :-)

www.ardcmidget.com and facebook www.facebook.com/ARDCMidgets?fref=ts

jonboat15
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by jonboat15 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:56 pm

No doubt that the midgets put on the best racing of the night. I'm looking forward to some great mid week midget racing in August with the ARDC and USAC. What is the big race coming up that us midget fans wont want to miss?

dberk4
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dberk4 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:27 pm

I'll bet it's the USAC and ARDC swing . I also like what I'm hearing from the ARDC president the point fund ,increased payout and most importantly a home track that's the key point they have needed this for years . Look at the speedsters and what they are doing (I personally don't care for them ) they have Kutztown which is doing fantastic. I love midgets it's been in my family since I was born my grandfather lost his live in a ARDC midget in 1946 in Paterson NJ. My step father raced with SMRC,ARDC and NEMA as did and still are racing my brother and cousin . Couldn't make the Grove just got new pistons but both our cars will be at Lindas and Clyde Martin if all goes well .cars 69 and 96 .so I say to the head guy at ARDC keep up your hard work
Go Giants !!!

wlesher
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wlesher » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:50 pm

Although the August USAC /ARDC event is a must see. We have a big 4th of July weekend starting at Linda's Friday and Lanco on Saturday

Sprintcars100
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Sprintcars100 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:26 am

Would love for that "home track" to be path valley along with the wingless sportsman!
2015 races:
5 Lincoln
2 Hagerstown
5 Williamsgrove
11 Port Royal
14 Path Valley
1 Selinsgrove
1 Susky
1 New Eygpt
1 Kutztown Action Track USA
1 Uttica Rome
1 Kokomo In.
1 Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
1 Gas City I 69 In.

wlesher
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wlesher » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:00 am

EdC
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by EdC » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:26 pm

Steve Buckwalter told me that he didn't feel the engine he currently has for his midget is strong enough to compete at the Grove but when he heard the car count, he was wishing he had brought the car. He hopes to have a new engine by the time the ARDC visits us again.

wlesher, I wish you luck with the ARDC. Even though Williams Grove's track is a little big for midgets, they are one of my favorites no matter where they run. As a fan, I like the racing a lot more without the wings.

Ed