National Open

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
Post Reply
User avatar
pwf46
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:24 pm

Re: National Open

Post by pwf46 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:42 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:Well, yet another Knoxville SNOOZER is in the books. NO PASSING. AS USUAL, THE RACE WAS DOMINATED by OUTLAWS & TRACK REGULARS. AS I SAID IT WOULD BE. I saw better racing at Kutztown on Wednesday night, by guys most people never heard of and it was only $12.00 admission.By name I got 14 out of 25 for a 56%. I picked the winner for 100% By outlaw and track regulars I got 16 out of 25 for a 64%. Pretty good for over 100 cars, which I feel is only really about 30 to 35 cars who have a realistic shot at making the A. Out of those 35 I believe less than 10 have a realistic shot at winning. Especially with Schatz in the field. Knoxville, you can have it! SAME MOVIE YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Do not make assumptions about a race if you were not there. This was my 10th Knoxville Nationals and it was very good, entertaining, action packed, etc... Time for you to "get off the porch" and see other tracks other than what we have here in PA.

NO passing.....Hodnett from 23rd to 10th. That is 13 spots. Stewart 12th to 4th. Pittman 14th to 7th. Lasoski 8th to 2nd in the first 25 laps. Boring race.....

Internet coverage, live streaming, shows one view, not the entire track.

If less than ten of the 100+ cars have a chance to win, then why do those "extra" cars even enter? Your arguments make no sense. I guess you will miss the National Open this year because Schatz is entered? Save your $$$$$ and stay home.

The place is just incredible. Best dirt track by far in the USA.

User avatar
hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 4714
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:44 pm
Location: 704 Houser St.

Re: National Open

Post by hotrodney » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Strawser, I agree and disagree. Yes Knoxville is a great track and they do a phenomenal job of track prep fro the Nats but track prep for a field of 100 cars is much different than 20 sprints plus support divisions. If Port or any other local track watered the track like that you would have a heavy cushion around the center of the track with freight train and little passing(Port SW due to the rain). While a freight train around the cushion is faster and therefore better than nose to tail around the bottom like you get with a track that's too dry(daylight racing), it's still not great racing. A dry slick track with a cushion up near the guardrail provides the best racing and most passing nearly every time. I think Port hits that a lot more often than they miss and so does Selinsgrove.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

User avatar
BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: National Open

Post by BStrawser26 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:10 pm

hotrodney wrote:Strawser, I agree and disagree. Yes Knoxville is a great track and they do a phenomenal job of track prep fro the Nats but track prep for a field of 100 cars is much different than 20 sprints plus support divisions. If Port or any other local track watered the track like that you would have a heavy cushion around the center of the track with freight train and little passing(Port SW due to the rain). While a freight train around the cushion is faster and therefore better than nose to tail around the bottom like you get with a track that's too dry(daylight racing), it's still not great racing. A dry slick track with a cushion up near the guardrail provides the best racing and most passing nearly every time. I think Port hits that a lot more often than they miss and so does Selinsgrove.
Totally Disagree...it would not be a freight train!! You have 24 to 28 Sprinters 20 to 24 Lates most nights and however many 358 Late models or 305 sprints. No one said a heavy cushion around the middle....I said add more water and not pack it so tight. The way they have it now it is pretty slick half way through the heats. It should never be that way!
The first two nights of The Nationals there are 50 to 55 or so cars on the track. The tracks around here would dry out just fine throughout the night and it would very racy come feature time. I saw it some nights first hand!
I saw many of freight trains locally and it was normally because it was to dry. I don't want to see asphalt racing. Sorry! Give the racers something to grab a hold of instead of sliding around the track! Let them actually race for a change.
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

User avatar
Bill Mc
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5214
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:17 am
Contact:

Re: National Open

Post by Bill Mc » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:40 am

Problem with that is the Divas around here would cry if the track wasnt smooth. They would cry up a storm ifvthe track is a corn field.
Central PA 358 Racing Series - http://www.centralparacing.com
Central PA Racing Scene - http://www.centralparacingscene.com
2015 race count

Williams Grove-2
Lincoln- 7
Trail Way -2
Port - 1
Action Track -
Susquehanna -

12 races in 2016
43 races in 2015
43 races in 2014
40 races in 2013
50 races in 2012.
56 races in 2011.

User avatar
Brent Leach
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9244
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:59 am

Re: National Open

Post by Brent Leach » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:56 am

I prefer the way Port and the Grove are both prepping their tracks over tacky with a big cushion.
:dontknow:
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

User avatar
BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: National Open

Post by BStrawser26 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:03 am

Bill Mc wrote:Problem with that is the Divas around here would cry if the track wasnt smooth. They would cry up a storm ifvthe track is a corn field.
You got that right! Any little ripple in the track and these guys would be crying all the way home!
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

User avatar
BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: National Open

Post by BStrawser26 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:24 am

Brent Leach wrote:I prefer the way Port and the Grove are both prepping their tracks over tacky with a big cushion.
:dontknow:
I just went and watched the highlights from the Port the last month 3 out of the last 4 times they raced. The nights it didn't rain and there is anything but a big cushion. I don't even know if you could even call that a cushion. I would rather call that a smattering of loose dirt that is only about a couple inches deep! That is run in at every given chance to make sure there isn't a deep cushion. The night the USAC cars were there, the USAC guys had to tell them not to pack the track so tight and put extra water on the track. The USAC drivers then went out and finished packing in the track. The track listened and guess what they had a great race...multiple grooves. Last year 2014 during speedweek Lucas started 6 in the feature and won...track was perfect all night long. I said to one of the track prep guys...great track and he said to me it was too wet in the beginning of the night. I just shook my head and didn't say another word.

The two nights it did rain and they raced I was busy or I would have loved to have gone. The first PA Speedweek with Steve B. on the verge of being out of control and barely having 4 wheels on the ground all the way around the track at the beginning of the race. That night the track was too wet but it was still pretty good! The second was the dream race, extra wet with high speeds and Hodnett put on a show. The track was extra wet this night too! You can have great racing when it is wetter at the beginning and drying out during the evening the evening. Like I said, I don't like it when you have to slide because you can't get a hold of the track!
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

User avatar
NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:31 pm

Re: National Open

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:08 am

pwf46 wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:Well, yet another Knoxville SNOOZER is in the books. NO PASSING. AS USUAL, THE RACE WAS DOMINATED by OUTLAWS & TRACK REGULARS. AS I SAID IT WOULD BE. I saw better racing at Kutztown on Wednesday night, by guys most people never heard of and it was only $12.00 admission.By name I got 14 out of 25 for a 56%. I picked the winner for 100% By outlaw and track regulars I got 16 out of 25 for a 64%. Pretty good for over 100 cars, which I feel is only really about 30 to 35 cars who have a realistic shot at making the A. Out of those 35 I believe less than 10 have a realistic shot at winning. Especially with Schatz in the field. Knoxville, you can have it! SAME MOVIE YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Do not make assumptions about a race if you were not there. This was my 10th Knoxville Nationals and it was very good, entertaining, action packed, etc... Time for you to "get off the porch" and see other tracks other than what we have here in PA.

NO passing.....Hodnett from 23rd to 10th. That is 13 spots. Stewart 12th to 4th. Pittman 14th to 7th. Lasoski 8th to 2nd in the first 25 laps. Boring race.....

Internet coverage, live streaming, shows one view, not the entire track.

If less than ten of the 100+ cars have a chance to win, then why do those "extra" cars even enter? Your arguments make no sense. I guess you will miss the National Open this year because Schatz is entered? Save your $$$$$ and stay home.

The place is just incredible. Best dirt track by far in the USA.

Sorry, but was a SNOOZER! I've been going to races for 50 years. SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Why do cars enter that have no chance to win??????? ASK THEM! :dontknow:

Look over the results over the years and tell me how I'm wrong. :dontknow:

Schatz is very beatable at the Grove.

Have you ever been to the Grove??????????? :dontknow:
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.


The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests