Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: National Open

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:15 pm

BStrawser26 wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
BStrawser26 wrote:I don't have to post names...look at the qualifying nights and the drivers that is my list. That is what makes Knoxville....Knoxville you never know who is going to the A or who will be in the b,c,d, or e mains come Saturday night. You probably will be surprised on who will make it and who will not.

Qualifying night when the fast cars have to start 8th in their heat and have to make it to 4th to qualify for that nights feature makes both of those nights second to none as far as a lot of high drama!! Friday night got a lot more interesting as well. They take 4 more and you will probably have around 65+ cars going that night. 110 cars are signed up as of right now probably more to come!!

Face it you could have over half your field wrong...just because they are fast doesn't always mean you will get the results you think you will have. I am not saying you do, but don't be surprised if you do!

SEE POST ABOVE!
:chatterbox: :chatterbox:

You can be fast, but if you don't pass cars in your heat you will not make the A-main qualifying night and probably be in the b, c, or d mains Saturday night.

How thick are some people?
If you can't pass the guy in front of you then your not fast enough! :idea:

I gave my list, now let's see yours. :dontknow: :dontknow: :thinking: :thinking: :chatterbox: :chatterbox:
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:25 pm

If you are faster you may or may not be able to pass the car in front of you. How long have you been going to the races? Coming from 7th or 8th to 4th is not an easy task you seem to think it is. Sometime you make it and sometimes you don't!! ;)

I told you I am not giving you a list. Look at the entry list...I already told you that was my list!! :idea:
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:06 pm

BStrawser26 wrote:If you are faster you may or may not be able to pass the car in front of you. How long have you been going to the races? Coming from 7th or 8th to 4th is not an easy task you seem to think it is. Sometime you make it and sometimes you don't!! ;)

I told you I am not giving you a list. Look at the entry list...I already told you that was my list!! :idea:
That list looks like about 30 to 35 cars to me. Don't see anything close to 70. :dontknow:
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:06 pm

BStrawser26 wrote:If you are faster you may or may not be able to pass the car in front of you. How long have you been going to the races? Coming from 7th or 8th to 4th is not an easy task you seem to think it is. Sometime you make it and sometimes you don't!! ;)

That list looks like about 30 to 35 cars to me. Don't see anything close to 70. :dontknow:

Gilbert K. Chesterton

Mark Twain

BlueOnBlack21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BlueOnBlack21 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:46 pm

I dont need a 100+ car field to see good racing. Cant wait for the grove tomorrow good old handicapping not this the only thing that matters is your time BS.

Just my 2 cents :bdf:

bcy505
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bcy505 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:55 am

You guys done talking in circles yet? Cause I'd sure like to see some cars racing in a circle!

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:12 am

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:

Time will tell.....that is why we race it!! :thumbleft:

Like I said coming from 7th or 8th in your heat is no easy task!! :doh:

I agree you don't need 110 cars for a race.....but having 86 extra and going home after trying to qualify is a huge bonus!! :yessss: :yessss:
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

hotrodney
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Post by hotrodney » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:46 pm

I'll bet if you looked at the list you would easily find 60-70 guys who are good enough and possibly have made the A main before. I would do it for you if I had the time. Off the top of my head your list doesn't even include guys who have won the Knoxville nationals like Tim Shaffer, The Swindler and the King or guys who have won Prelim A mains like Dobmeier and Wayne Johnson. What about the guy who just won an outlaw feature at the Grove from 9th? Is he gonna be fast enough on the big stage? 1 thing is for sure, you should go out to the Nationals sometime. It's something every sprint car fan should experience at least once if you can swing it. It's not that the racing is any better but it's just an experience like no other.
Stimulate the economy- buy made in the USA.

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:42 pm

hotrodney wrote: It's not that the racing is any better but it's just an experience like no other.
I have to respectfully disagree with the first part of your statement!! The racing the 11 times I have been out there is second to none!!
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt

jonboat15
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by jonboat15 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:14 pm

:girlfight:

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:57 am

BStrawser26 wrote:
hotrodney wrote: It's not that the racing is any better but it's just an experience like no other.
I have to respectfully disagree with the first part of your statement!! The racing the 11 times I have been out there is second to none!!

Being 2nd to NOTHING is nothing to boast about!

Gilbert K. Chesterton

Mark Twain

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:27 am

hotrodney wrote:I'll bet if you looked at the list you would easily find 60-70 guys who are good enough and possibly have made the A main before. I would do it for you if I had the time. Off the top of my head your list doesn't even include guys who have won the Knoxville nationals like Tim Shaffer, The Swindler and the King or guys who have won Prelim A mains like Dobmeier and Wayne Johnson. What about the guy who just won an outlaw feature at the Grove from 9th? Is he gonna be fast enough on the big stage? 1 thing is for sure, you should go out to the Nationals sometime. It's something every sprint car fan should experience at least once if you can swing it. It's not that the racing is any better but it's just an experience like no other.

I looked at the list. I don't see 70 guys who could make the A main. Show me your list. I had to pick 24 cars out of a possible 30 to 35. Dobmier is a possibility as is Dale & Dave Blaney. Danny Dietrich is good in his own backyard, as are lots of guys on that list, but to go out there and qualify against guys that have 1,000's of laps and years of experience, is extremely difficult. I hope all our POSSE drivers make the A, but realistically, I don't see it happening. Not enough track time. History should repeat itself. Outlaws & Track Regulars will dominate the A lineup. This only leaves a small handful of spots for the rest to fill. I'll take Schatz to win it again. Others I think that could win are Brian Browm, Shane Stewart and Danny Lasoski. The King is up in age and pounds. I don't see him making the A.

Gilbert K. Chesterton

Mark Twain

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:03 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
BStrawser26 wrote:

Being 2nd to NOTHING is nothing to boast about!
WOW!! Is all I have to say about this comment! :buttkick:

You are only looking as Saturday night you seem to forget there are 3 other nights of racing. Those nights are really something!! Saturday with all the mains is really awesome too. Instead just reading about it you should go before you comment on it. You have no idea the racing that goes on out there!!
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:29 pm

"NEWBOMB TURK"]
BStrawser26 wrote:

Being 2nd to NOTHING is nothing to boast about![/quote]

WOW!! Is all I have to say about this comment! :buttkick:

You are only looking as Saturday night you seem to forget there are 3 other nights of racing. Those nights are really something!! Saturday with all the mains is really awesome too. Instead just reading about it you should go before you comment on it. You have no idea the racing that goes on out there!![/

I watch it on TV every year! :idea: I guess that doesn't count? Are the events and outcomes different than what's on the tube? I don't have the expense, the waiting around, the driving and all the other headaches associated with a long trip like that. I've seen 100's of races at Knoxville on MAVTV. Ever race is taped and shown 410,360, 305. Like any other race at an other track, some are good, some are average and some are snoozers. Yes history and atmosphere come into play and it's not quite like being there, but it ain't bad, and all I have to do when it's over is turn off the TV. :thumbright:

Gilbert K. Chesterton

Mark Twain

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:47 am

:thehand: The tube? :cwm4: :cwm4: The tube is a horrible place to try to watch a dirt track race. No that doesn't count count. You can't tell what is actually happening on the track...and that is a fact. You see what they want you to see!! A lot of times that is not the best battle or battles on the track. Like I said go. Then you will see for yourself!!

Out of the 44+ races I have seen out there they all rank up there in my all time favorites and it has nothing to do with atmosphere and everything to do with the racing on the track. That is why people want to go back again and again!
Since 1983 I have seen hundreds of races at Port and Williamsgrove and they have good shows but not great like you see at Knoxville!! Selinsgrove in my opinion and in the late Bob Weikert's opinion is the closet we have around here to Knoxville and I have seen hundreds of races there too. Track layout and the multiple grooves of racing and not having to do sliders all the time to pass. That is why back in the day when they raced 410's weekly the big dogs always brought there Knoxville cars to Selinsgrove the week before to try to get faster for The Nationals. Lincoln, I havn't been to in years probably only 30 or so times in my life, but have been watching highlights from there and they put on very good shows. Even though it is really hard to judge by just the highlights. I do like being able to watch them....but it doesn't do any track justice including Knoxville. If you can't or will not go and only complain about it, I don't understand your narrow minded thinking!! Being live is 1,000 times better!
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt