National Open

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Re: National Open

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:25 pm

BStrawser26 wrote::thehand: The tube? :cwm4: :cwm4: The tube is a horrible place to try to watch a dirt track race. No that doesn't count count. You can't tell what is actually happening on the track...and that is a fact. You see what they want you to see!! A lot of times that is not the best battle or battles on the track. Like I said go. Then you will see for yourself!!

Out of the 44+ races I have seen out there they all rank up there in my all time favorites and it has nothing to do with atmosphere and everything to do with the racing on the track. That is why people want to go back again and again!
Since 1983 I have seen hundreds of races at Port and Williamsgrove and they have good shows but not great like you see at Knoxville!! Selinsgrove in my opinion and in the late Bob Weikert's opinion is the closet we have around here to Knoxville and I have seen hundreds of races there too. Track layout and the multiple grooves of racing and not having to do sliders all the time to pass. That is why back in the day when they raced 410's weekly the big dogs always brought there Knoxville cars to Selinsgrove the week before to try to get faster for The Nationals. Lincoln, I havn't been to in years probably only 30 or so times in my life, but have been watching highlights from there and they put on very good shows. Even though it is really hard to judge by just the highlights. I do like being able to watch them....but it doesn't do any track justice including Knoxville. If you can't or will not go and only complain about it, I don't understand your narrow minded thinking!! Being live is 1,000 times better!
Well, opinions are like *** holes and belly buttons. Everybody's GOT ONE. Have a safe & enjoyable trip to IOWA!
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:28 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
BStrawser26 wrote::thehand: The tube? :cwm4: :cwm4: The tube is a horrible place to try to watch a dirt track race. No that doesn't count count. You can't tell what is actually happening on the track...and that is a fact. You see what they want you to see!! A lot of times that is not the best battle or battles on the track. Like I said go. Then you will see for yourself!!

Out of the 44+ races I have seen out there they all rank up there in my all time favorites and it has nothing to do with atmosphere and everything to do with the racing on the track. That is why people want to go back again and again!
Since 1983 I have seen hundreds of races at Port and Williamsgrove and they have good shows but not great like you see at Knoxville!! Selinsgrove in my opinion and in the late Bob Weikert's opinion is the closet we have around here to Knoxville and I have seen hundreds of races there too. Track layout and the multiple grooves of racing and not having to do sliders all the time to pass. That is why back in the day when they raced 410's weekly the big dogs always brought there Knoxville cars to Selinsgrove the week before to try to get faster for The Nationals. Lincoln, I havn't been to in years probably only 30 or so times in my life, but have been watching highlights from there and they put on very good shows. Even though it is really hard to judge by just the highlights. I do like being able to watch them....but it doesn't do any track justice including Knoxville. If you can't or will not go and only complain about it, I don't understand your narrow minded thinking!! Being live is 1,000 times better!
Well, opinions are like *** holes and belly buttons. Everybody's GOT ONE. Have a safe & enjoyable trip to IOWA!
Way to be grown up Newbomb!! I will never understand your way of thinking!! Never been there yet you know it all!! :roll: :thinking:

I am unable to go this year. I hope to go next year. Yes, I know what I am missing the best winged racing I could see during the year!! :idea: Not an opinion either that is a fact! ;)
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Brent Leach
Legend
Legend

Post by Brent Leach » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:31 am

In my opinion the event at Knoxville is much better than the racing. Been there , done that , but I'm not that excited about going back anytime soon.
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:01 pm

Brent Leach wrote:In my opinion the event at Knoxville is much better than the racing. Been there , done that , but I'm not that excited about going back anytime soon.
At least you were at Knoxville sometime in the past. I agree Knoxville is much bigger than the racing on the track. The racing is the reason I want to go back again and again and I am sure that is why other people want to go back year after year. The other stuff is just a bonus and gives you something to do when they are not racing during the day!!
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:15 am

Hey Newbomb here you go. You have your chance to Pick the starters at The Nationals. The way it looks you can select 5 drivers. :thinking: Should be easy right? :thumbleft:

http://thedirtnetwork.blogspot.com/2015 ... ntest.html
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt

jonboat15
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by jonboat15 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:32 am

:deadhorse:

BigRightRear
Head Wrench
Head Wrench

Post by BigRightRear » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:01 pm

Drove out there twice...flew a third time...the worst part of the whole deal is the heat...no...the driving...no...the drunk cornholes puking...no...the heat...no...it was watching more people boo
Donny Shatz than any other single location on Earth, only to return home and get blamed for being a disrespectful posse fan.
Home of the OUTLAW A$$WHIPPERS
Lincoln = 1845 ft. = .35 mile T3=124 MPH
Eldora = 2287 ft. = .43 mile T3=135 MPH
Port = 2716 ft. = .51 mile T3=TBD
Grove = 2792 ft. = .53 mile T3=135 MPH
Selinsgrove = 2847 ft. = .54 mile T1=136 MPH

2015: 43 Races
Grove: 17 / Lincoln: 13 / Port: 4 / Susky: 5 / Path Valley: 2 / Trailway: 1 /. ISMA @ Waterford New London: 1

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:21 am

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
hotrodney wrote:I'll bet if you looked at the list you would easily find 60-70 guys who are good enough and possibly have made the A main before. I would do it for you if I had the time. Off the top of my head your list doesn't even include guys who have won the Knoxville nationals like Tim Shaffer, The Swindler and the King or guys who have won Prelim A mains like Dobmeier and Wayne Johnson. What about the guy who just won an outlaw feature at the Grove from 9th? Is he gonna be fast enough on the big stage? 1 thing is for sure, you should go out to the Nationals sometime. It's something every sprint car fan should experience at least once if you can swing it. It's not that the racing is any better but it's just an experience like no other.

I looked at the list. I don't see 70 guys who could make the A main. Show me your list. I had to pick 24 cars out of a possible 30 to 35. Dobmier is a possibility as is Dale & Dave Blaney. Danny Dietrich is good in his own backyard, as are lots of guys on that list, but to go out there and qualify against guys that have 1,000's of laps and years of experience, is extremely difficult. I hope all our POSSE drivers make the A, but realistically, I don't see it happening. Not enough track time. History should repeat itself. Outlaws & Track Regulars will dominate the A lineup. This only leaves a small handful of spots for the rest to fill. I'll take Schatz to win it again. Others I think that could win are Brian Browm, Shane Stewart and Danny Lasoski. The King is up in age and pounds. I don't see him making the A.
Looks like things are going about as usual. Outlaws track regulars and guys with lots of laps are dominating. Notice I posted Shane Stewart as a possible winner. Shane wins night 1. A-Main - (25 Laps) - 1. Shane Stewart (1) ($12,000); 2. Donny Schatz (8); 3. David Gravel (7); 4. Paul McMahan (5); 5. Justin Henderson (10); 6. Wayne Johnson (3); 7. Daryn Pittman (2); 8. Rico Abreu (23); 9. Greg Hodnett (9); 10. Sheldon Haudenschild (6); 11. Bryan Clauson (24); 12. Davey Heskin (11); 13. Tasker Phillips (21); 14. Cody Darrah (22); 15. Kraig Kinser (18); 16. Tony Shilling (15); 17. Jamie Veal (12); 18. Tyler Courtney (14); 19. Lee Jacobs (16); 20. Dakota Hendrickson (20); 21. Willie Croft (13); 22. Jordyn Brazier (19); 23. Scott Bogucki (17); 24. Ian Madsen (4). Lap Leader: Shane Stewart 1-25. Hard Charger: Rico Abreu.

1 Schatz 492
2 Gravel 485
3 McMahan 471
4 S.Haud 465
5 Stewart 460
6 Pittman 457
7 Abreu 456
8 Johnson 455
9 Darrah 450

We will see what happens on night 2, but I expect more of the same.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

Bernie Lomax
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Bernie Lomax » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:51 am

Im gonna pat myself on the back from last night. Just by looking at the draw sheet, I predicted Schatz would get quicktime, 3rd in his heat, and win the A. Oh well. Can't be perfect all of the time.

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:37 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:OK, Here's my prediction on the 24 starters: Donny Schatz, who unless misfortune strikes will be the winner. Danny Lasoski, Brian Brown, Ian Madsen, Kerry Madsen, Terry McCarl, Darin Pittman, Joel Saldana, Paul McMan, Sammy Swindell, Shane Stewart, Justin Henderson, Davey Heskin, Dusty Zomer, Brooke Tatnel, Tim Kaeding, Bronson Maeschen, Craig Dollansky, Lynton Jeffery, Brad Sweet, Jason Johnson, Stevie Smith, Greg Hodnett, Kraig Kinser. Outlaws & Track regulars should dominate as usual. At the Grove a lot of these guys would be like a fish out of water. We will see how I do in 2 weeks or so. History is on my side.
Yes, you are really hot! :thinking3: Well maybe not so much. ;) 12 of your guys went last night you have making the A-main on Saturday night.

The ones in big trouble with basically no hope of making the A.

C. Dollansky
L. Jeffery
D. Heskin
B. Maeschen
K. Kinser
I. Madsen

One with a little hope left...

Hodnett

One with a pretty good chance of making the A

J. Henderson

Funny on your predictions I didn't see the following

D. Gravel
S. Haud
R. Abreu
W. Johnson

I know the last two could get knocked out tonight but still you are way off on your predictions so far.....
Sorry about your luck! :buttkick:
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:28 pm

BStrawser26 wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:OK, Here's my prediction on the 24 starters: Donny Schatz, who unless misfortune strikes will be the winner. Danny Lasoski, Brian Brown, Ian Madsen, Kerry Madsen, Terry McCarl, Darin Pittman, Joel Saldana, Paul McMan, Sammy Swindell, Shane Stewart, Justin Henderson, Davey Heskin, Dusty Zomer, Brooke Tatnel, Tim Kaeding, Bronson Maeschen, Craig Dollansky, Lynton Jeffery, Brad Sweet, Jason Johnson, Stevie Smith, Greg Hodnett, Kraig Kinser. Outlaws & Track regulars should dominate as usual. At the Grove a lot of these guys would be like a fish out of water. We will see how I do in 2 weeks or so. History is on my side.
Yes, you are really hot! :thinking3: Well maybe not so much. ;) 12 of your guys went last night you have making the A-main on Saturday night.

The ones in big trouble with basically no hope of making the A.

C. Dollansky
L. Jeffery
D. Heskin
B. Maeschen
K. Kinser
I. Madsen

One with a little hope left...

Hodnett

One with a pretty good chance of making the A

J. Henderson

Funny on your predictions I didn't see the following

D. Gravel
S. Haud
R. Abreu
W. Johnson

I know the last two could get knocked out tonight but still you are way off on your predictions so far.....
Sorry about your luck! :buttkick:

Your drawing straws junior! Once again you have the short one. I stated very clearly that OUTLAWS & TRACK REGULARS WOULD DOMINATE THE LINE UP. I also stated that there were only 30 to 35 drivers tops that had a chance to make the show. Look at the results! :idea: Outlaws & Track regulars dominated Night OneLast I checked Gravel was running with the outlaws. Wayne Johnson has run Knoxville on a frequent basis and did run with the Outlaws for years. A couple guys had mechanical issues which I can't predict.

Previous Quote that you choose to ignore:
I looked at the list. I don't see 70 guys who could make the A main. Show me your list. I had to pick 24 cars out of a possible 30 to 35. Dobmier is a possibility as is Dale & Dave Blaney. Danny Dietrich is good in his own backyard, as are lots of guys on that list, but to go out there and qualify against guys that have 1,000's of laps and years of experience, is extremely difficult. I hope all our POSSE drivers make the A, but realistically, I don't see it happening. Not enough track time. History should repeat itself. Outlaws & Track Regulars will dominate the A lineup. This only leaves a small handful of spots for the rest to fill. I'll take Schatz to win it again. Others I think that could win are Brian Browm, Shane Stewart and Danny Lasoski. The King is up in age and pounds. I don't see him making the A.

Gilbert K. Chesterton

Mark Twain

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:52 pm

BStrawser26 wrote:I don't have to post names...look at the qualifying nights and the drivers that is my list. That is what makes Knoxville....Knoxville you never know who is going to the A or who will be in the b,c,d, or e mains come Saturday night. You probably will be surprised on who will make it and who will not.

Qualifying night when the fast cars have to start 8th in their heat and have to make it to 4th to qualify for that nights feature makes both of those nights second to none as far as a lot of high drama!! Friday night got a lot more interesting as well. They take 4 more and you will probably have around 65+ cars going that night. 110 cars are signed up as of right now probably more to come!!

Face it you could have over half your field wrong...just because they are fast doesn't always mean you will get the results you think you will have. I am not saying you do, but don't be surprised if you do!

You can be fast, but if you don't pass cars in your heat you will not make the A-main qualifying night and probably be in the b or c mains Saturday night.
Remember when I said the above.....

If you had so much faith in Gravel why didn't you put him in your A-main for Saturday?...or why not Wayne Johnson?

All that's right it only counts when you say something.

You are all caught up on where the driver is from...it doesn't matter to me as long as it is a good race. Outlaw or inlaw posse or non posse give me the racing any day!

I want to know when going 4 out of 12 is a good percentage besides hitting in baseball.
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:28 pm

BStrawser26 wrote:
BStrawser26 wrote:I don't have to post names...look at the qualifying nights and the drivers that is my list. That is what makes Knoxville....Knoxville you never know who is going to the A or who will be in the b,c,d, or e mains come Saturday night. You probably will be surprised on who will make it and who will not.

Qualifying night when the fast cars have to start 8th in their heat and have to make it to 4th to qualify for that nights feature makes both of those nights second to none as far as a lot of high drama!! Friday night got a lot more interesting as well. They take 4 more and you will probably have around 65+ cars going that night. 110 cars are signed up as of right now probably more to come!!

Face it you could have over half your field wrong...just because they are fast doesn't always mean you will get the results you think you will have. I am not saying you do, but don't be surprised if you do!

You can be fast, but if you don't pass cars in your heat you will not make the A-main qualifying night and probably be in the b or c mains Saturday night.
Remember when I said the above.....

If you had so much faith in Gravel why didn't you put him in your A-main for Saturday?...or why not Wayne Johnson?

All that's right it only counts when you say something.

You are all caught up on where the driver is from...it doesn't matter to me as long as it is a good race. Outlaw or inlaw posse or non posse give me the racing any day!

I want to know when going 4 out of 12 is a good percentage besides hitting in baseball.

Outlaws & Track regulars ARE DOMINATING and will continue to do so on night 2. You can twist in the wind all you want. It's fun watching your own wind blow you around. I'd still be interested in your list of 70 drivers who could make the A Main. So far the cast of characters doing well is a normal Knoxville happening. Mechanical failures and accidents are not predictable.

Gilbert K. Chesterton

Mark Twain

BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by BStrawser26 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:15 pm

All this information coming from a guy that was never at Knoxville. :poking: I know you watched it on the i-net or tv. :cwm4:
No twist here. I told you my list is on the Knoxville website. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth as per normal!
I know what I am going to do tomorrow......I am going to talk to my boss and tell him I saw on the internet that 4 out of 12 is great and is almost like 100%. Do you think he will buy it since I do accounting work? I don't!!
Like I said about your predictions of drivers names....you could have half of them wrong and I maybe right we will find out after tonight.

After tonight 16 cars will be qualified for Saturday night. Also Friday night 4 more will get in for a total of 20 until Saturday night. This is a reprieve for 4 lucky drivers.

By the way the only guy you picked for the A main on Saturday night that had mechanical failures was B Maeschen. Every one else just got flat out beat!
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:25 pm

BStrawser26 wrote:All this information coming from a guy that was never at Knoxville. :poking: I know you watched it on the i-net or tv. :cwm4:
No twist here. I told you my list is on the Knoxville website. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth as per normal!
I know what I am going to do tomorrow......I am going to talk to my boss and tell him I saw on the internet that 4 out of 12 is great and is almost like 100%. Do you think he will buy it since I do accounting work? I don't!!
Like I said about your predictions of drivers names....you could have half of them wrong and I maybe right we will find out after tonight.

After tonight 16 cars will be qualified for Saturday night. Also Friday night 4 more will get in for a total of 20 until Saturday night. This is a reprieve for 4 lucky drivers.

By the way the only guy you picked for the A main on Saturday night that had mechanical failures was B Maeschen. Every one else just got flat out beat!

Wrong once again. Ian Madsen dropped out of the A while running 4th on lap 18. Names may not be all right, but OUTLAWS & TRACK REGULARS WILL DOMINATE ALL THE EVENTS AS USUAL. If you can't see what has happened in years past and is happening right now,I can't help you. I already knew you were beyond any help way way way before this. And yes Hodnett may not make it. I said he would struggle as usual to make the A.

Gilbert K. Chesterton

Mark Twain