National Open

Discuss anything related to Williams Grove
Post Reply
User avatar
NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:31 pm

Re: National Open

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:39 am

Glad to see Danny & Brent made the show. Looks like Greg & Stevie might have a bigger battle. Hoping they both make it though.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.


The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

User avatar
BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: National Open

Post by BStrawser26 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:34 pm

We have at least 3 drivers in the D main tonight that have at one time in there career qualified for Saturdays A-main! There could be more...but I see 3 for sure.
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

User avatar
BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: National Open

Post by BStrawser26 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:42 am

On your picks you ended up 14 out of 25. With a good mixture of where drivers run!! ;)
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

User avatar
NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:31 pm

Re: National Open

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:06 pm

Well, yet another Knoxville SNOOZER is in the books. NO PASSING. AS USUAL, THE RACE WAS DOMINATED by OUTLAWS & TRACK REGULARS. AS I SAID IT WOULD BE. I saw better racing at Kutztown on Wednesday night, by guys most people never heard of and it was only $12.00 admission.By name I got 14 out of 25 for a 56%. I picked the winner for 100% By outlaw and track regulars I got 16 out of 25 for a 64%. Pretty good for over 100 cars, which I feel is only really about 30 to 35 cars who have a realistic shot at making the A. Out of those 35 I believe less than 10 have a realistic shot at winning. Especially with Schatz in the field. Knoxville, you can have it! SAME MOVIE YEAR AFTER YEAR.
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.


The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

User avatar
BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: National Open

Post by BStrawser26 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:30 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:Well, yet another Knoxville SNOOZER is in the books. NO PASSING. AS USUAL, THE RACE WAS DOMINATED by OUTLAWS & TRACK REGULARS. AS I SAID IT WOULD BE. I saw better racing at Kutztown on Wednesday night, by guys most people never heard of and it was only $12.00 admission.By name I got 14 out of 25 for a 56%. I picked the winner for 100% By outlaw and track regulars I got 16 out of 25 for a 64%. Pretty good for over 100 cars, which I feel is only really about 30 to 35 cars who have a realistic shot at making the A. Out of those 35 I believe less than 10 have a realistic shot at winning. Especially with Schatz in the field. Knoxville, you can have it! SAME MOVIE YEAR AFTER YEAR.
Once again you are wrong 14 out of 25 is not that good barely over 50%. According you because it is so easy to predict...you should of had at least 20 or more correct! You had the names and that is what we go by...sorry about your luck.
I watched it on the I-net last night and there was a lot of side by side racing from second on back and with saying that it is not even close to being live out there. Seeing those moves in person is greater than great!! It was anything but a snoozer!
You are wrong look at the line-up in the C and B mains almost any of those guys could qualify on any given night. The D had at least 3 qualifiers from years past there could have been more. I could careless who wins...you get all caught up on who wins. I don't as long as #1 former outlaw driver doesn't...I am happy!
We had 9 outlaws
We had 10 that run everywhere or the All Stars...sorry Cody and Sammy belong in this catagory!
We had 6 locals
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

User avatar
Brent Leach
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9244
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:59 am

Re: National Open

Post by Brent Leach » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:15 pm

:fighting:
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

User avatar
NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:31 pm

Re: National Open

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:37 pm

BStrawser26 wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:Well, yet another Knoxville SNOOZER is in the books. NO PASSING. AS USUAL, THE RACE WAS DOMINATED by OUTLAWS & TRACK REGULARS. AS I SAID IT WOULD BE. I saw better racing at Kutztown on Wednesday night, by guys most people never heard of and it was only $12.00 admission.By name I got 14 out of 25 for a 56%. I picked the winner for 100% By outlaw and track regulars I got 16 out of 25 for a 64%. Pretty good for over 100 cars, which I feel is only really about 30 to 35 cars who have a realistic shot at making the A. Out of those 35 I believe less than 10 have a realistic shot at winning. Especially with Schatz in the field. Knoxville, you can have it! SAME MOVIE YEAR AFTER YEAR.
Once again you are wrong 14 out of 25 is not that good barely over 50%. According you because it is so easy to predict...you should of had at least 20 or more correct! You had the names and that is what we go by...sorry about your luck.
I watched it on the I-net last night and there was a lot of side by side racing from second on back and with saying that it is not even close to being live out there. Seeing those moves in person is greater than great!! It was anything but a snoozer!
You are wrong look at the line-up in the C and B mains almost any of those guys could qualify on any given night. The D had at least 3 qualifiers from years past there could have been more. I could careless who wins...you get all caught up on who wins. I don't as long as #1 former outlaw driver doesn't...I am happy!
We had 9 outlaws
We had 10 that run everywhere or the All Stars...sorry Cody and Sammy belong in this catagory!
We had 6 locals

If you thought that was good, you'd love watching paint dry. I'd suggest you take up painting dog houses. You haven't convinced me of a to a trip to Knoxville. BYE!
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.


The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

dsc1600
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:23 pm

Re: National Open

Post by dsc1600 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:42 pm

It's not August if there's not multiple anti-knoxville posts by new bomb Turk!

User avatar
CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1110
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:16 am

Re: National Open

Post by CH_88 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:43 pm

How about we start a topic in the sanctioned section about the Williams Grove National Open that way you 2 can go in there and have you're childish little pi$$ing contest over the Knoxville Nationals and it will be good for all involved because you'll still technically be hijacking an unrelated topic in the wrong forum and you can argue back and forth pointlessly like you both for some reason seem to love doing. Or better yet, why doesn't Deb just get you guys your own forum so you can waste all of your free time arguing over which track is better, which crooked politician is more crooked or whether or not the moon is made cheese.
Way she goes.............

User avatar
NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:31 pm

Re: National Open

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:10 pm

CH_88 wrote:How about we start a topic in the sanctioned section about the Williams Grove National Open that way you 2 can go in there and have you're childish little pi$$ing contest over the Knoxville Nationals and it will be good for all involved because you'll still technically be hijacking an unrelated topic in the wrong forum and you can argue back and forth pointlessly like you both for some reason seem to love doing. Or better yet, why doesn't Deb just get you guys your own forum so you can waste all of your free time arguing over which track is better, which crooked politician is more crooked or whether or not the moon is made cheese.

Or maybe you don't read it then you won't have anything to cry about?

As you say, WAY SHE GOES!
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.


The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

User avatar
CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1110
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:16 am

Re: National Open

Post by CH_88 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:17 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
CH_88 wrote:How about we start a topic in the sanctioned section about the Williams Grove National Open that way you 2 can go in there and have you're childish little pi$$ing contest over the Knoxville Nationals and it will be good for all involved because you'll still technically be hijacking an unrelated topic in the wrong forum and you can argue back and forth pointlessly like you both for some reason seem to love doing. Or better yet, why doesn't Deb just get you guys your own forum so you can waste all of your free time arguing over which track is better, which crooked politician is more crooked or whether or not the moon is made cheese.

Or maybe you don't read it then you won't have anything to cry about?

As you say, WAY SHE GOES!
Actually, its been awhile since I've read anything on the Williams Grove discussion. I usually just check the miscellaneous open wheel and the pictures and that's it so seeing as how the topic is in the WILLIAMS GROVE discussion and title is NATIONAL OPEN, I didn't expect to click on it and see 2 guys engaging in a pi$$ing contest about a race being held in Iowa so......WAY SHE GOES
Way she goes.............

User avatar
BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: National Open

Post by BStrawser26 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:46 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:
BStrawser26 wrote:
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:Well, yet another Knoxville SNOOZER is in the books. NO PASSING. AS USUAL, THE RACE WAS DOMINATED by OUTLAWS & TRACK REGULARS. AS I SAID IT WOULD BE. I saw better racing at Kutztown on Wednesday night, by guys most people never heard of and it was only $12.00 admission.By name I got 14 out of 25 for a 56%. I picked the winner for 100% By outlaw and track regulars I got 16 out of 25 for a 64%. Pretty good for over 100 cars, which I feel is only really about 30 to 35 cars who have a realistic shot at making the A. Out of those 35 I believe less than 10 have a realistic shot at winning. Especially with Schatz in the field. Knoxville, you can have it! SAME MOVIE YEAR AFTER YEAR.
Once again you are wrong 14 out of 25 is not that good barely over 50%. According you because it is so easy to predict...you should of had at least 20 or more correct! You had the names and that is what we go by...sorry about your luck.
I watched it on the I-net last night and there was a lot of side by side racing from second on back and with saying that it is not even close to being live out there. Seeing those moves in person is greater than great!! It was anything but a snoozer!
You are wrong look at the line-up in the C and B mains almost any of those guys could qualify on any given night. The D had at least 3 qualifiers from years past there could have been more. I could careless who wins...you get all caught up on who wins. I don't as long as #1 former outlaw driver doesn't...I am happy!
We had 9 outlaws
We had 10 that run everywhere or the All Stars...sorry Cody and Sammy belong in this catagory!
We had 6 locals

If you thought that was good, you'd love watching paint dry. I'd suggest you take up painting dog houses. You haven't convinced me of a to a trip to Knoxville. BYE!


If you didn't like that you don't like sprint car racing....Wow is all I have to say. Great racing throughout the field!! A lot better 410 racing than you get around here and again 2 and 3 grooves on the track. Some were running high with success some were running the bottom with success and some went through the middle with success. Knoxville has it figured out. I only wish the tracks around here would figure it out to and not pack it so tight and put some more water on the track! Let the cars finish running in the track!! I hope to make it out next year again for the 12th time! The racing is too great not to at least try to go again!!
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

User avatar
Brent Leach
Legend
Legend
Posts: 9244
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:59 am

Re: National Open

Post by Brent Leach » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:09 am

:popcorn:
Tilton Hilton
2 Speedway Drive
Mechanicsburg , PA 17055

2015 races : 37

Port Royal 12
Williams Grove 14
Lincoln. 5
Path Valley 2
Hagerstown 1
Selinsgrove 2.
Susquehanna 1

User avatar
DW29
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:12 pm

Re: National Open

Post by DW29 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:16 am

BSTRAWSER26 you bash Port and go to a track where the promoter has everyone mad at him :thinking: :cwm4:

User avatar
BStrawser26
Crew Member
Crew Member
Posts: 1052
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: National Open

Post by BStrawser26 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:18 pm

When these local tracks learn how to put water on the tracks I will go more often, but I don't see that happening any time in the future. :idea: I like Port and it is the closet track to me, but put some more water on the track already!! :thumbleft:

:thehand: Knoxville is the best track I have ever been to as far as the racing on the track. Not everyone is mad...they want to make changes to the format. No the format should not be changed. If you are fast all week and score the most points you should start on the pole!! And guess what come next year it will be packed and a lot of people will be watching on the I-net...why you ask because it is the best racing around!! ;)
Hillary for Prison 2016
National Debt
January 21,2009 10.6 Trillion
August 25, 2016 19.5 Trillion
Almost doubled under this worthless administration.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests