1 Kokomo In.
1 Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
1 Gas City I 69 In.

fenders27
Pit Member
Pit Member

Re: Saturday night series

Post by fenders27 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Williams Grove has done a great job hosting and growing the SNS over the years. Without this series I would not have met numerous great friends. I thank you for all you have done for motorsports and us fans. Saturday night at the Grove will hold some of the greatest memories I will ever have in motorsports and my life! Best of luck in the future for our beloved group of racers.

felix12
Rookie
Rookie

Post by felix12 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:25 pm

Just another nail in Williamsgrove's coffin.
Nothing beats the old points based handicapping system.
Draw and TT shows suck.

2015 Races
Lincoln 4
Susquehanna 2
Williamsgrove Fri 1
Williamsgrove Sat 9
Selinsgrove 2
Hagerstown :(
Big Diamond 1
Path Valley wingless 4
Path Valley 410 1
Port Royal 1 (Super Sportsman show)
Michigan International 1
Richmond International 1

NEWBOMB TURK
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by NEWBOMB TURK » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:40 pm

One of the many rumors floating around Selinsgrove Speedway has Allen Kreitzer interested in taking over the track in 2016. Rumored holdup is current promoter wants to remove his improvements, lights, sound ect. So maybe Sportsmen will have a home in 2016. Of all the rumors I've heard, this seems to be the most believable. The cancellation of the Saturdat Night Series at the Grove was probably finalized long before this announcement. I guess we will find out the answers eventually. :dontknow:
This is the place where brilliant minds assemble to willfully pool ignorance with questionable logic in order to reach absurd conclusions.

The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.
Mark Twain

Shuey21
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Post by Shuey21 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:22 pm

[/color]
NEWBOMB TURK wrote:One of the many rumors floating around Selinsgrove Speedway has Allen Kreitzer interested in taking over the track in 2016. Rumored holdup is current promoter wants to remove his improvements, lights, sound ect. So maybe Sportsmen will have a home in 2016. Of all the rumors I've heard, this seems to be the most believable. The cancellation of the Saturdat Night Series at the Grove was probably finalized long before this announcement. I guess we will find out the answers eventually. :dontknow:
Susquehanna is the new home for SNS
2015 Count: 50

2016: 20
Lincoln - 4
Port Royal - 5
Williamsgrove - 7
Selinsgrove - 3
Susquehanna - 1

Sprintcars100
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by Sprintcars100 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:49 pm

I love selinsgrove but those big tracks are hard on the sportsman motors.
2015 races:
5 Lincoln
2 Hagerstown
5 Williamsgrove
11 Port Royal
14 Path Valley
1 Selinsgrove
1 Susky
1 New Eygpt
1 Kutztown Action Track USA
1 Uttica Rome
1 Kokomo In.
1 Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
1 Gas City I 69 In.

CH_88
Crew Member
Crew Member

Post by CH_88 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:55 pm

felix12 wrote:Just another nail in Williamsgrove's coffin.
My thoughts exactly. They really need to focus on the Friday program and get it back where it was or its going to be next. The crowds and fields this year have be deplorable. I hope they get it back together and bring The Grove back up where it belongs because right now, its pretty sad.
Way she goes.............

justplanecrazy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by justplanecrazy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:21 pm

Rather sad to see the SNS end. Really enjoyed the racing and the atmosphere there. However with some improvements and updates to Susky it
has the potential to be and even better show. I hope and pray that the situation at Selinsgrove gets settled soon. Although it is hard to see over
the infield, gets dusty, sometimes is short on cars, only runs 360s and is close to 4 hours from my house in NJ it is far and away my personal favorite
racetrack.

topwing66$
Rookie
Rookie

Post by topwing66$ » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:39 am

Thank you to all involved throughout the 10 years for providing a track for the Saturday night series to call home. I got to meet alot of great people not only from the drivers and crews but from the people who worked each and every Saturday night. From the people in the concessions, the officials to the safety crews. You all made Saturday night an enjoyable one along with the great racing. Best of luck the all involved not only those who worked on Saturday nights but to those who will continue to make Williams Grove a great place to see great racing. Ta Ta for now......

DavidM
Legend
Legend

Post by DavidM » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:02 am

I've got very mixed feelings about this. I can't see Susky being able to host this program for $6 Gen Ad., and I don't see how they could duplicate the family atmosphere like the Grove provided. That large grass infield was perfect for young families with kids. On the other hand I could see Susky becoming somewhat of a new Silver Spring for the Sportsman and the stock car classes. If this is the direction Susky takes then I hope they focus and build their program on what worked at Silver Spring and at WG for the SNS.
If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do" Warren Miller

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

jonboat15
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by jonboat15 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:01 pm

Sad to hear the Sat. night series will go away. The racing was pretty darn good and the family atmosphere was enjoyable also. Its a bummer but like they say "all good things must come to an end" :(

pushtruck
Pit Member
Pit Member

Post by pushtruck » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Been a Friday night seat since 1998, got to the SNS 2 times last year and 3 times this year. What I noticed was the family atmosphere, families with lot of kids. Long gone from Friday nights!!
I hope it works out for all. It is hard to transplant a Silver Spring instruction to Newburytown, New Egept or Williams Grove
Perhaps it is time to upgrade the 358s to 360s? Or make other changes?
Good luck to all promoters, teams and fans in our valley!

felix12
Rookie
Rookie

Post by felix12 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:15 am

I'm certainly thankful for the 10 years of SNS shows and only missed a few of them. What I don't quite follow is their so called reasoning to end the SNS is to "concentrate more on its core racing on Friday nights". You have all week to prepare for a Friday show, how is not running Saturday's going to benefit the Friday shows?
Nothing beats the old points based handicapping system.
Draw and TT shows suck.

2015 Races
Lincoln 4
Susquehanna 2
Williamsgrove Fri 1
Williamsgrove Sat 9
Selinsgrove 2
Hagerstown :(
Big Diamond 1
Path Valley wingless 4
Path Valley 410 1
Port Royal 1 (Super Sportsman show)
Michigan International 1
Richmond International 1

Duane
Junior Crew Member
Junior Crew Member

Post by Duane » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:12 am

It's all about having a regular division for Susky i believe. I don't think they would have left if the Susky deal wouldn't have happen. I also think in time, it will provide great racing for the Sportsman(hopefully less demanding on motors), and the Grove will once again be known for the 410's on a Friday!! I think it could be a win win! :dontknow: JMO

Radius Rod
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Radius Rod » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:54 pm

NEWBOMB TURK wrote:One of the many rumors floating around Selinsgrove Speedway has Allen Kreitzer interested in taking over the track in 2016. Rumored holdup is current promoter wants to remove his improvements, lights, sound ect. So maybe Sportsmen will have a home in 2016. Of all the rumors I've heard, this seems to be the most believable. The cancellation of the Saturdat Night Series at the Grove was probably finalized long before this announcement. I guess we will find out the answers eventually. :dontknow:

In my opinion he cant take the lights or the sounds unless he puts the old system back together, I cant rent an apartment, replace the sink shower and kitchen appliances then insist im taking them with after my lease is up. I moved in with a sink shower and kitchen appliances the same ones or better need to be there when i leave....

I figured he'd torch the place on the way out to try to get an insurance check right when the lease is up........................
Lower the price of the chicken strip combo!